What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Silver Phoenix »

XSEED is releasing Ragnarok DS if anyone is into that. I have to say, for a small company they sure as hell do a good job with releasing multiple games in a small amount of time unlike a certain fanboy company of the past. You have three guesses and the first two don't count.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Currently wrapped up in Mass Effect 2 along with a few handheld PSP games that I picked up like Dissidia, Star Ocean, and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (review coming soon). But my main focus is ME2, the others are just asides to play while I wait for my laundry to get done or I don't feel like listening to someone ramble on about the weather or we lost power for the billionth time.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I haven't heard anything good regarding Silent Hill: Shattered Memories as it's completely dumbed down from the original, and it's been compared to a haunted house simulator.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

SH:SM has concepts that are interesting and would work if the game weren't so scared of it's own shadow to use them.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Nothing at the moment, but I was playing the original Suikoden about a week ago. I am trying to get my wife to play it. So far she got to the village of Kaku and wants to stop playing. I've been trying to convince her that the game is about to get a lot better without giving away the fact that she is about to get her own castle and can start recruiting 108 characters.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

Quark wrote:Nothing at the moment, but I was playing the original Suikoden about a week ago. I am trying to get my wife to play it. So far she got to the village of Kaku and wants to stop playing. I've been trying to convince her that the game is about to get a lot better without giving away the fact that she is about to get her own castle and can start recruiting 108 characters.
I tried getting my nephew to play it, but he got bored and quit soon after getting the fortress. I remember hearing the Castle Toran music for the first time and thinking it was awesome.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Old_School wrote:
Quark wrote:Nothing at the moment, but I was playing the original Suikoden about a week ago. I am trying to get my wife to play it. So far she got to the village of Kaku and wants to stop playing. I've been trying to convince her that the game is about to get a lot better without giving away the fact that she is about to get her own castle and can start recruiting 108 characters.
I tried getting my nephew to play it, but he got bored and quit soon after getting the fortress. I remember hearing the Castle Toran music for the first time and thinking it was awesome.
It was absolutely awesome! The first time I played the game, I remember that I would get so excited every time I would recruit a new character. I would always want to go back to the castle right away to see where the character was hanging out. Every once in a while, when you would recruit enough characters the whole castle would gain another level or some new rooms. There where so many little side quests you could pursue around the castle.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

That's an awesome game. My favorite was the 2nd one personally. I need to replay them...Ted kicked butt.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Well, my copy of Ar Tonelico 3 just arrived, so I'm playing that now. This is the first time I've ever tried to play a game and try to translate every line and wow... it's rough. >>

I never knew I was going to need to know the kanji for syringe or intravenous. >> Which by the by, are 注射器 and 主脈内 respectively.

And now you know.
-Nobi

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

MaroonChan wrote:
That's an awesome game. My favorite was the 2nd one personally. I need to replay them...Ted kicked butt.
The second was also my overall favorite. Great characters, great music and the story was moving along quite nicely. I wish Konami would have made a third game on the PS1 that went into Harmonia and concluded the story. I was disappointed with the series' transistion to 3D and the plot has really strayed away from the main storyline.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

MaroonChan wrote:That's an awesome game. My favorite was the 2nd one personally. I need to replay them...Ted kicked butt.
I think a lot of people like the second game the best. I am inclined to agree with you because the second game takes almost everything that is great about the first game and improves upon it. However, they are ultimately tied in my mind for two reasons. 1) When I played the first game, I had never experienced anything quite like it before. 2) I liked the large war battles better in the first game then the second.

I still have the second game, and judging by how much it sells for on ebay, I would worry about getting jumped if I took it out of the house! :lol:

I remember that I absolutely loved the cooking sidequest in Suikoden 2.
Old_School wrote:The second was also my overall favorite. Great characters, great music and the story was moving along quite nicely. I wish Konami would have made a third game on the PS1 that went into Harmonia and concluded the story. I was disappointed with the series' transistion to 3D and the plot has really strayed away from the main storyline.
I was also upset that the games transitioned to 3D. So upset in fact, that I gave up on the series entirely. I have been told that some of the later games are excellent if you can get over the disappointment of a 3D world. I have been thinking about giving them a try for some time now.
Last edited by Kizyr on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You dropped a bracket. I picked it up.

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Sorry, I apparently stink at using the quote function. :P

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Suikoden 2 is a truly great game - so great that people don't seem to mind its trainwreck translation. :P The original creator, Yoshitaka Murayama, quit during Suikoden 3 and the series hasn't been the same. It hasn't been bad, though.
Nobiyuki77 wrote:This is the first time I've ever tried to play a game and try to translate every line and wow... it's rough.
That's a big project! You'll be awesome after that!
「まあいいけど。」

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Shiva Indis wrote:That's a big project! You'll be awesome after that!
Well, my brain is already breaking! XD Man, some characters are just a WALL of Kanji, and sometimes it takes me upwards of 15-20 minutes just to find the Kanji I'm looking for. Sometimes I don't find it at all and have to ask my sister for help. I'm 5 hours into the game when I should be about 1/2 an hour into the game! >> <<
-Nobi

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Old_School wrote:
MaroonChan wrote:
The second was also my overall favorite. Great characters, great music and the story was moving along quite nicely. I wish Konami would have made a third game on the PS1 that went into Harmonia and concluded the story. I was disappointed with the series' transistion to 3D and the plot has really strayed away from the main storyline.
Suikoden III wasn't bad. Actually, I found it addicting, lol. Suikoden IV annoyed me. The stupid ship and I didn't like some other stuff. It did have a good plot though.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I'm going to try to push my way through Lunar Magic School!! I picked a copy of it up at Ohayocon this past weekend, I was so excited when I found it!! ^__^

And I'm playing TSS. <333
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Mass Effect 2
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

Finished House of The Dead: Overkill earlier tonight. I knew from reviews that the game had lots of cussing and crude humor, but it gets even more messed up than I imagined toward the end.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Old_School wrote:Finished House of The Dead: Overkill earlier tonight. I knew from reviews that the game had lots of cussing and crude humor, but it gets even more messed up than I imagined toward the end.
Too true! I would have liked more to play HotD 4 but this was still a nice surprise and it's still my fav gun game on the Wii....

Currently playing: Hyper Final Fight (DC), Wolfenstein 3D (3DO), Indigo Prophecy (Xbox)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I'm currently trying to finish Star Ocean 3 before Monday (Last Hope International!) but I'm like 10 min from disc 2, so I don't think it's gonna happen. I've also been dabbling with A Witch's Tale, Kingdom Hearts Days (put it down because its forcing me to go through lame Disney worlds for the next 20 hours just so I can get to the final boss and beat it), and I finished the demo for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony.