What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by VidKid369 »

^ I remember enjoying Final Fantasy X a lot back when I first played it in High School. I remember I loved Yuna. She was a beast in battles with all her summons. I hope you enjoy it!!

Anyway. I just beat Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. (PS3) 50:30. Kinda figuring out what to play next.

I was kinda-sorta thinking about trying to run Sega CD Lunar on either a Dell laptop I have just laying around,... or I heard you can use a PS Vita. I’m kinda excited about the possibility of that happening since it’s been awhile since I played those versions and I’m planning on playing L: SSSC this Christmas and I kinda wanna play Lunar NOW.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Still working away at Final Fantasy VII again.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Suikoden 4.

Not nearly as bad as I heard it would be.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Monkey Island 4 with spouse. It has a super irritating control scheme on PC. Wish I'd remembered just a bit sooner that when we first played it it was on PS2 and we probably had an easier time with the controls then. But by the time I realized that we had that option we were already a couple hours in and didn't feel like restarting.

We recently played Axiom Verge 2 and are thinking of replaying the original game because neither of us can remember much of the story at all.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Alunissage wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:30 pm Monkey Island 4 with spouse. It has a super irritating control scheme on PC. Wish I'd remembered just a bit sooner that when we first played it it was on PS2 and we probably had an easier time with the controls then. But by the time I realized that we had that option we were already a couple hours in and didn't feel like restarting.

We recently played Axiom Verge 2 and are thinking of replaying the original game because neither of us can remember much of the story at all.
Prepping for the new Monkey Island? Sept. 19th release. I can't wait.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh wow, I played Monkey Island 4 on PC first, and I remember having to look at the PC mapping a lot. It was a big step down from point-and-click.

I'm still playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I'm at least past the halfway point (in chapter 5). It may yet end up being my favorite XC game.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, does the new Monkey Island have a release date? Last I heard it was just sometime in 2022.

Our replaying the series is actually more or less coincidental. We got the big ol' Limited Run collection of the five games when it came out, but didn't play any of it until this past summer when my sister visited. I had to work unexpectedly and my husband was showing my sister the box and they decided to play Monkey Island 1, though they played on Xbox (?) rather than the one that came in the collection. They played that and part of 2, and then spouse and I finished 2 and I really wanted to play 3 and... I don't know that we'll move on to Tales after this one though, even though I remember really enjoying it when it came out, if the new one is coming out so soon.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Yep. Monday, Sept. 19 release.

I also bought the Limited Run collection. I love it.

My friend and I ordered custom plates in preparation for the new game.
Attachments
301398484_10229938743039478_5565126404272340885_n.jpg
301398484_10229938743039478_5565126404272340885_n.jpg (513.2 KiB) Viewed 85825 times

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Dude. Tell me this isn't your second most embarrassing moment on the Internet.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Alunissage wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:22 am Dude. Tell me this isn't your second most embarrassing moment on the Internet.
I don't think "Virginia is for lovers" is *that* bad.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

That's my friends plate. I haven't decided what I'm going to use. Maybe "Guybrush" and then we will have someone record us having road rage against each other, as we drive down the street.

Edit: Yes, Alun. I caught the reference. :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

A great thing about Virginia is that customized license tags are incredibly cheap (only $10 initially and then renewing registration has no added cost thereafter), which is why they're so ubiquitous here.
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

A Guybrush plate will be funny, though will you have to spell it differently from Dominic Armato's? I don't know how these things work.

3PWOOD would also work.

(Glad you got the reference. I wouldn't want you thinking I was gratuitously insulting you. I mean, I'd wait till you had the booty first.)

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Careful with the language, Alun. With Kiz and Sonic around, they're bound to break into their pirate routine. It's been around 10 years since I last heard them use it. It wasn't pretty.

3PWOOD would more than likely get me beat up by Star Wars nerds for misspelling C3PO.

GYBRUSH would probably be my only option.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Avast! I still be plowing the high seas in Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I be in chapter 5, and 75 hours in, I still be explorin' and findin' new sidequests. I am almost at the point where I'll walk the gangplank direct to the end, but I give a trove of goodwill for the game having the best side content of the series.

When I finish, I'll be picking up either Live A Live or Monkey Island. At this rate, I might be playing the Mega Drive Mini 2 by that point.
Sonic#

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Been playing a lot of WARRIORS All-Stars. Didn't even know it existed up until a few months ago, lol! Here it is from 5 years ago XD

I'll be moving onto Atelier Sophie 2 shortly. I briefly played it a little while ago, but i put it on pause because of WARRIORS (^^;)
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey, guys! After I beat Ni no Kuni, I actually went ahead and beat the three games in the Uncharted PS3 trilogy,—it wasn’t RPGs so I didn’t feel like posting about it, I was just taking a break and playing something else different.

Right now, I’m kinda into Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3) I wanted to play a farmsim Harvest Moon-like and this’s kinda close you go into forests and gather vegetables and mushrooms and such. I think it’ll tide me over as I was thinking about getting a Rune Factory game. I also got the first Trails of Cold Steel game for the PS3 come in today so I was kinda excited about starting that. Cheers!

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Playing Atelier Sophie 2 now (^.^)
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

With my birthday money from family, I bought Sonic Origins. As an old-time Sonic fan, having the original games in yet another format wasn't a day 1 attraction, but even so I have been pleased with the results in a few ways.

1. The museum content is great. Good descriptions. Sound effects/music, movies, and especially the illustrations are all great. The illustrations include some level drawings and early sketches that I've never seen, along with additional context for some of the 1990s art I had seen in the early internet days. Having the purchase some of them with currency earned from playing the game is an unnecessary gimmick, but it took me an hour of doing challenge missions to get almost all of them, so it's just a small nuisance.

2. The missions are satisfying. They are short challenges, like getting through a portion of a stage without hitting an enemy or collecting 30 rings in a certain period of time. Many of them were pretty easy. A few taught me techniques for how to play (exiting a roll quickly). Only a few were tediously difficult - I don't like the time travel mechanic in Sonic CD (love the idea, hate having to run without interruption and hitting a last-minute obstacle), so I don't enjoy the missions around it. Otherwise, great stuff. I like feeling like I can still play these games well.

3. I played the first couple of zones of Sonic 1 in the anniversary edition. They replace extra lives with the earnable in-game currency. While I'm skeptical about buying museum content, I love that I can spend the content to try special stages again. I also like having Tails and Knuckles available in Sonic 1 - I'm playing Tails, and it's fun using flying and occasionally his flying attack to get around.

4. Oh, I'll never be used to the new Sonic 3 music. Compare the original Ice Cap Act 1 to the original computer MIDI version and then the current one. You can hear that they're using a redone version of the PC MIDI version. The story for why is long (see Polygon) and I think the new music is fine. (OK, so I do prefer the new Launch Base Act 1 music.) It's just one of those "back in my day" moments.

The value proposition of 5-10 hours of solid game was hard for me to rationalize compared to my usual RPGs and other games. I know the early reporting around the release was negative about the DLC and some elements. But I'm finding a well-packaged version of games I love. I'm pretty happy with it.
Sonic#

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hello. I’m here to peddle how good the Atelier games are: I’ve been sleeping on Atelier Rorona (PS3) but when I popped it in I completely fell in love. I managed to beat that and Atelier Totori (PS3) and I just ordered Atelier Meruru and patiently waiting on its delivery. *twiddles thumbs* I’ve been looking to get a PS4 Pro, and I already have the money set aside, but I’m definitely going to get and beat all the Atelier games on PS3 first. Such a good series!!