Video Games and ADD

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I could see that if it were solely psychological, but it's not; it's physiological. Too much of one chemical or another in the brain. I don't know if that's the case with all instances, and it probably isn't, but it certainly is with many. Medications usually address this; mine is usually used to treat depression as a result of chemical imbalance (I'm not depressed, but the brain situation is similar).

Well, anything psychological is physiological on a chemical level. Treatment can differ between chemical and therapeutic (not sure if that's the correct term) treatments, of course. But, breaking it all down, it eventually gets to a chemical level. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Kizyr wrote:
Alunissage wrote:I could see that if it were solely psychological, but it's not; it's physiological. Too much of one chemical or another in the brain. I don't know if that's the case with all instances, and it probably isn't, but it certainly is with many. Medications usually address this; mine is usually used to treat depression as a result of chemical imbalance (I'm not depressed, but the brain situation is similar).

Well, anything psychological is physiological on a chemical level. Treatment can differ between chemical and therapeutic (not sure if that's the correct term) treatments, of course. But, breaking it all down, it eventually gets to a chemical level. KF

Right, in theory, everything about your brain is being stored as chemicals in some way. But that doesn't mean it would all be considered a chemical imbalance. If a disorder can be formed by habit, a traumatic event, etc. then it is preferable to treat it without medicines.
-Rich-