Narnia series

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

Possibly even more than Lord of the Rings at this point.

Blasphemy! *hiss*

Anyway, I never read the Narnia books, but I did finally get a chance to watch the movie. It's a great movie, and I loved the Sound Track so much I got my mother to buy it for me XD XD XD *happy joy*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

GhaleonOne wrote:Didn't notice it, but then, I haven't seen those two movies.

I'm happy about Prince Caspian, having now read all of the books, but I really hope A Horse and His Boy gets put to film. That was probably my favorate of the books just ahead of LWW and The Last Battle. (or was it The Final Battle? I can't remember). I loved the books regardless of how the movies turn out. Possibly even more than Lord of the Rings at this point.

The Last Battle!

I've only read it once, but I liked A Horse and His Boy too. I don't remember too much about it, except that there were more kingdoms...

I still really want to see The Magician's Nephew though.

Spoiler -
I really like the idea of unleasing the eventual white witch in London.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I like that idea too. Plus, the little mission Aslan sends Digory on would be nice.
-G1

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

My favorite in the series is The Silver Chair.

I just like Puddleglum.

"RESHPECTABIGGLE!"
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

You haven't seen those movies!? Man.... that's just sad.

After watching the movie again at home and taking a good look at it, the movie for The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe made me feel like I had to peel off my tainted skin. I literally had to watch all three extended LotR movies to cleanse myself o_O *ahem* moving on, I think that it was because it was done by Disney and came out kinda hokey.

I have no idea why I thought I liked that movie, I think I might have been drunk.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"