New-ish...with fanart incentive!

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New-ish...with fanart incentive!

Post by Ardekh »

Well, okay, it's not really fanart...and I'm not the next Renn Inoue or anything, but it took quite a while. Actually, this is only like 20% of the picture, but it's impossible to transport big images as BMPs, and my drawing computer doesn't have the internet, and I have to use a floppy to go from one computer to the next....

Wow, I really ramble. Okay, I've just come around in the past few days, but I haven't made an intro thread, so here it is.

This drawing is of a character I made for Lunar back in like...fifth or sixth grade when I first played the game. I'm a Junior now, so that was quite a while ago. And he's not the most original thing in the world, looks like some unholy demonspawn of Kyle, Jessica, and Leo, but I've grown attached to him and can't really change things around too much.

^ Dan...full name Durandal, if I remember correctly.

Also, I don't do anime much, I'm more used to doing realistic portraits, so this is as close as I could get.

Er, here's the finished product, as finished as it's gonna get.

It looks like he's defiling himself, but he's supposed to be scratching his chest.

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Beastmen doesn't water my mouth too well.

Welcome to Lunar.net message boards. I hope you enjoy you're stay here.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I thought this stuff was supposed to go on the fanart board? It's certainly art.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

It's an introduction with Fan-art posted as an incentitive to accept him/her to the forums. The art shouldn't be posted here.

But anyway, he/she is new so hugs all around!

PS: I never made an intro thread either, but I see no need to do so. People will get to know you if you post often and answer the many questions that topics are geared toward.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Er...sorry then. I didn't know there was a rule that you're not allowed to post art in your introductory thread.

It's she, by the way.

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

I don't really care about the sites rules. This thread is fine.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Welcome, and nice piece of art.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

hello. cool artwork.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Angela wrote:I thought this stuff was supposed to go on the fanart board? It's certainly art.

Spirit Icana wrote:It's an introduction with Fan-art posted as an incentitive to accept him/her to the forums. The art shouldn't be posted here.

But anyway, he/she is new so hugs all around!

You're both new, so it rather doesn't seem right for you to be chiding other newbies.

That said, this does seem like it'd fit better there. It is certainly not necessary to make an intro thread and it'd make more sense to discuss things there since it's more likely to focus on the art than the person.

The face is fairly nice. I'd see Alex in there in the very green eyes, too. I'd usually expect a beastman to have a bulkier body type than that rather small waist, though.

You mention doing realistic-type drawings, any of those to share?

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Alunissage wrote:You're both new, so it rather doesn't seem right for you to be chiding other newbies.

I didn't chide her. I/We just merely pointed out the wrong direction (guidance). Newbies can work their way up together.

I'm guessing you took the first sentence as a firm critique when really I was just re-iterating what I believe the topic creator said she was doing because I felt one of the posters here was more/less confused. The topic creator used the picture to form a "hello" and "I like drawing" to introduce herself.

EDIT: Oh, you were just talking about that second sentence.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Pfft, the different boards are general guidelines, not hard-and-fast rules. The worst that'd happen is a topic gets moved from one to the other. I'm leaving this here since it's still an intro thread; but, feel free to post anything else of your work in the Arts forum.

...please don't go on about which board this belongs in, we'll worry about that. That said, welcome to the boards. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Thanks, all. As for my realistic portraits, they're mostly of seventies/eighties rock stars, to be true. Simon Le Bon, Elton John and stuff. Anyway, if I post any other art, I'll do it there. I did do one fanart for Lunar: DS, but it's so hard to get things from my other computer on to this one that it's not here yet.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Oh cool. Got anything of John Lennon, Ardekh?

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Yeah, I have a lot of Beatles art - mostly Ringo, though. I've been slacking in my portraits lately. I spent last summer doing a lot, but this summer I didn't do any. I just got my drawing program on the computer back, so I'm focussing on cartoons again.

Lugia Yoshi
Reza Thief

Post by Lugia Yoshi »

I know that your Taniadragon in Deviantart since I did Deviantwatch you.