so so bored

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
meg
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

so so bored

Post by meg »

so, this weekend is Hero's Con, which is a comic book convention in Charlotte, NC. my husband's attending, with many of our friends, to debut our set of minicomics. and i waaaaant to be down there with them. but i can't. i have to stay here and do work.

coincidentally, this weekend is also jenner's visit to kiz, and i chat with her the most. i work from home. i see very few people. just, pretty much, my husband, my cat, and jenner.

i'm not sure what irritates me more--the loneliness, or the boredom. neither is really conducive to a productive state of mind. so! this weekend is MOVIE MARATHON MADNESS.

so far, i have watched the daily show and colbert report on comedy central's website, bubba ho-tep, sweeney todd, and the dark crystal. i had forgotten how creepy the Dark Crystal is, btw. the skeksis seriously scared the hell out of me as a kid.

possible other movies for the weekend: the princess bride, machine girl, paprika, constantine, silent hill, any number of ghibli films, neverending story, utena, the last unicorn . . . i wish i had my copy of ninja turtles here.

any other suggestions would be appreciated. i think there's a movie rental place in walking distance.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Re: so so bored

Post by Jenner »

You should see Dogma if you haven't seen it.

Also, I recommend watching the Bill and Ted series, because it's so hilarious.

The Live Action Peter Pan movie.

Pulp Fiction, of course.

YOU COULD ALSO WATCH THAT -Dragon Diamond- DVD I GOT YOU FOR YOUR WEDDING.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Jenner wrote:You should see Dogma if you haven't seen it.
Agreed 100% Also, if you like Dogma, you should watch Chasing Amy. I can never decide which Kevin Smith film I like better: Dogma or Chasing Amy.

Also, if you'd like to watch some stand-up comedy, I'd suggest looking Demetri Martin's If i on youtube. It's from my favorite stand-up comedian. It's not really the typical stand-up comedy. It's really closer to a one-man show than stand-up.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

If you can find it, try watching Wizards, for some crazy 70's animated fun.

Otherwise, possible directions of viewing could be Johnny Depp films (if you like Sweeney Todd), picking out a TV series to binge on (The Office, British or American; Extras; Arrested Development; some anime), or ... oh, try watching Death to Smoochy.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

i do like johhny depp, but it's more lately that he's consistently picking films i would want to see anyway, and making them better (willy wonka, pirates, etc).

reasons to see sweeney todd:
1) eric's been raving about this play for years
2) musical!
3) cheesy gore!
4) depp
5) helena bonham-carter
5) ALAN RICKMAN'S SEXY VOICE

alan rickman's sexy voice is the whole reason i agreed to seeing both dogma and perfume.

i've seen death to smoochy too. it was awesome.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

meg wrote:i do like johhny depp, but it's more lately that he's consistently picking films i would want to see anyway, and making them better (willy wonka, pirates, etc).

reasons to see sweeney todd:
1) eric's been raving about this play for years
2) musical!
3) cheesy gore!
4) depp
5) helena bonham-carter
5) ALAN RICKMAN'S SEXY VOICE

alan rickman's sexy voice is the whole reason i agreed to seeing both dogma and perfume.

i've seen death to smoochy too. it was awesome.
but she hasn't freakin' seen Aliens :/
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

She needs to watch ALIEN first before Aliens. I don't care what the popularity factor is, Alien was a cooler movie. It was the only movie in the series that was a genuine HORROR sci-fi. Aliens was an action sci-fi. Alien 3 was sci-fi depressing drama, and Alien Resurrection was a tongue-in-cheek tribue to the series.
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Alien 3 was sci-fi depressing drama...
I think I know what you mean, but what are some other movies you'd consider this?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Jenner is back home now.
You can have her all you want. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:Jenner is back home now.