Saint Patricks Day

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Saint Patricks Day

Post by Grey Fox »

Wheee drunk. Happy Saint Pats day everyone! YAY!
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

Iga
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Iga »

Wheee sober. And as I'm writing this post right now in midwestern America, St. Paddy's Day is officialy over. YAY!

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

It is kinda bad that it's over, I was having a whole lot of fun. Still pretty inebriated. If that's how you spell that...but anyway...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

MMmmmm, getting drunk. Except of course, the vomiting, the forgetfulnes, the depression, the doing what you wouldn't normally do....

But hey, I still like it.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

St. Patrick wrote:I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;
Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of the wind,
Depth of the sea,
Stability of the earth,
Firmness of the rock.

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's hosts to save me
From snares of the devil,
From temptations of vices,
From every one who desires me ill,
Afar and anear,
Alone or in a multitude.

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

phyco126 wrote:MMmmmm, getting drunk. Except of course, the vomiting, the forgetfulnes, the depression, the doing what you wouldn't normally do....

But hey, I still like it.
Can't vouch for any of that except for the forgetfulness that I experienced this morning. Luckily I have sober friends who reminded me. All I could do is laugh at my own antics.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

And what better way for St. Patrick's Day to go than for Ireland to push through a near-miraculous defeat of Pakistan in the World Cup? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

What I don't understand is how celebrating the life of a missionary turned into a day of getting drunk...

Stop twisting my ancestors heritage, you wanna-be Irish. :P
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I went to this big concert in Miami that was sponsored by Bacardi. Camp Freddy played, and it was pretty damn awesome. My friend and I weaseled our way to the very front of the crowd, and they were about ten feet away from us. Nave Nevarro was on guitar, Scott Weiland was singing, and the guy from Velvet Revolver whose name I can't remember was on drums. Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray, Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols, and Jerry Cantrell of Alice in chainsall came on with them at different points of the night. Strangely enough, event though I was never a huge Sugar Ray fan, I really thought Mark McGrath sorta stole the show.

After Camp Freddy, the DJ Paul Oakenfold came on, and I guess that was a big deal, but my friend and I aren't into dance music at all so we ended up leaving about halfway through his set so we could beat the crowd.

Oh, and my friend was taking pictures with his camera phone while we were there, and after he sends them to me I'll post them on here. There are some really good ones (like I said, we were about ten feet away).

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

My night was spent at an Irish Pub with lots of people, loud music, and some form of goat cheese, crackers, and veggies.

It was a good night. No drinkin' for myself, fun was had by all.
ImageImageImage

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

My girlfriend and I went hiking into the greenery of the Smokies. Though most of the tree foliage hasn't yet sprouted, it was still a fun time. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

GhaleonOne wrote:What I don't understand is how celebrating the life of a missionary turned into a day of getting drunk...

Stop twisting my ancestors heritage, you wanna-be Irish. :P
The Irish really don't need an excuse to get drunk though. I think this is just an excuse for everyone else to get drunk.

"Hey! Look what the Irish are doing! We should do it too! *glugglug*"