Goal of the century...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Goal of the century...

Post by GhaleonOne »

I know there's prolly not that many soccer fans here, but still, this is like, goal of the century right here. Ronaldinho scored this last weekend against a top team:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... pr=goog-sl
-G1

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

I like soccer better then a lot of other sports, but I have trouble with videos...

But I can see it in my mind, and it was awesome.
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Whoa...

There are so many elements of that that startle me. The way he kicks it, how he is able to keep his direction, how he gets between the ball and the defender there... I don't know much about soccer, but that's a pretty awesome play for any sport.

His team better have won. XD
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, his team won. 4-0 that day, which is a pretty big win, and against one of the better teams in the Spanish league. It sucks that he was out of form at the World Cup. It's like he got burnt out for a bit, but before and after, he's been amazing. Goal of the century was probably an overstatement, because he pulls crazy stuff like that on a semi-frequent basis, but that was definately a special goal.
-G1

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

Oddly enough, I just started to get into soccer. I download Winning Eleven 9 and I'm totally into it. Still for the life of me can't watch a match other than World Cup showings but I see potential. Haven't got a favorite team. I really want to go out and play too. Haha.

Btw. Ronaldhido is a bad mutha....

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

That's pretty cool, though I'm not a soccer fan. My nomination for goal of the century would be more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-76C90cGqvs

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh, if we're allowed to bring out our own goals... well... here's one that's practically total luck to make. I mean, it's outside the realm of human precision to do it often, even when you're trying. The 7-10 split. My kind of goal... at least when the strike one fails. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UAvUDyWjmg
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time