Just a random bit you guys might find interesting.....

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Just a random bit you guys might find interesting.....

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I'm sure this is a waste of a post, but I felt like posting it 'cause who knows, someone else might get a kick out of it like I did.

Today I bought Gankutsuou Vol. 1 (a very good anime from Studio GONZO) and I was reading the credits at the end when I saw a familar name. I rewound and paused.

Opening Animation Key Animation

Toshiyuki Kubooka

There were others on there like Hidenori Matsuraba etc., but I thought that was kinda cool to see that he's doing stuff even if he's not in the spotlight. I'm guessing this means he works for Studio GONZO now, which wouldn't be too surprising actually since they contributed greatly to the animation of the Saturn/PSX versions of LUNAR...

I'm done wasting your time. You may move on. ^^
-Nobi

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Actually, doesn't Kubooka own Gonzo? Or have some major hand in it? I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.
-G1

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Not that I'm aware of or can find. I'm looking all over the net (including GONZO's site) and I can't find his name listed anywhere...
-Nobi

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

You've already got Gankutsuou?? I'm still waiting, and I even preordered it... :cry:

A connection between Kubooka and Gonzo would make sense - after all, Gonzo produced the animation for SSS and the EB remake. I'd be great to know if there is a relationship between them. At any rate it's cool to hear what Kubooka's been up to lately. His visual sense is too well developed for him to just be sitting around. :D
「まあいいけど。」