Blue Spire and Star Dragon Tower

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Angelalex242 »

I did.

I just hate leaving things unexplained.

I hate leaving things unexplained so much I'm in the Black Dragon group already. Yeesh.

Heirarchies of speculation seem to suit me better then term paper style analysis, where theories cannot support other theories. Reminds me too much of schoolwork, doing that.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

I dunno. I think your approach is still too scientific. ;) Japanese storytelling, of which games are certainly a part, likes to leave things unexplained. They don't worry about the "how" nearly as much as the "what." And they don't often tell you more than what you need to know about what happens before or after the "what" because it isn't integral to the story.
-Rich-

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, besides that, when you start building an over-elaborate set of theories based on a bunch of assumptions, you kind of have to throw everything out the window once one part of that is disproven. Since there're a lot of sources out there you've mentioned you haven't gone through, there's a lot of potential for all these elaborate theories just to be impossible.

Some speculation is fine, that's all well and good. But it's the speculation based on previous speculation based on previous speculation... that's where it gets all shaky and more unlikely with each new theory you toss out. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I agree. And it's not always best to fill in the blanks with your own speculation as fact. Dragons hatching from eggs, Ghaleon being with Lemia, the Star Dragon having an aura...all things I don't find too likely, though not impossible, but the way you stated them made it seem like you had solid proof behind them.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

That's just the way I talk. If you guys expect me to stop...well, talking like that, it may take a while, as it sort of requires a paradigm shift in my general thinking. It's just most natural to me to pose with confidence, and with the weight of that confidence behind what I say.

If something proves impossible...well, that's okay. I just edit to suit the new information and rebuild. You guys end up being a sounding board, and that's fine by me.

And Kiz, I do the best I can with the research I have. Going through the screenshots of the SegaCD games helps...a little. But it's not the experience of actually playing the game, and I can't help but feeling that even careful detailing of screenshots means I'm missing something.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Really, all you have to do is add "I think" or "my opinion is" instead of saying things like "of course" making it sound like everyone knows the theory you're talking about and it's practically considered fact. It got me confused a few times, thinking maybe I forgot to read just one book in the library. Just state something's a theory before you say it and it's much less confusing.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, if I think'll make everyone happy, I think I'll manage. :wink:

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I don't care about adding in "I think" or anything. In fact, I almost never do that; I figure it's redundant. If I'm saying it, of course it's what I think.

I was pointing out that with each level of speculation you add, your theories become more and more unlikely, until you wind up with this really elaborate theory that ends up as completely unreasonable. That's kind of happened already a few times, and it's sometimes hard to point out that you're going in entirely a wrong direction with something. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, nobody said the quest for my answers was easy.

Anyway, now that we've all hijacked this poor innocent topic to death, maybe we should go back to the two towers? And I don't mean the movie?

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Maybe the "quest" is your problem. There are no answers to be found. There's what's in the games and there's speculation (or adding some stuff from the manga/novels/cds). Your quest may be somewhat of a Don Quixote adventure.
-Rich-

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I need answers for an unrelated purpose to these boards which I have already stated. So dig them up I must, or fabricate them.

And my unrelated purpose is also what requires me to speculate out to the nth level.

There is a method to all my madness, and I already WARNED ya what it was. :wink:

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

My theory has always been coming-and-going. The Blue Spire might be used for individual travel from the Blue Star; the Star Spire might be used for individual travel from Lunar.

There could've been a number of reasons why two towers existed; that's just one of them. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Kizyr wrote:My theory has always been coming-and-going. The Blue Spire might be used for individual travel from the Blue Star; the Star Spire might be used for individual travel from Lunar.

I'd thought about that, actually, but of course Lucia uses the Blue Spire for her return trip.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I just don't get why you should need answers...I like a little bit of the unknown.

Anyway, what more is there to say about the two spires, from what we know?

Also, saying "I think" would prevent any, "where did you get THAT information? Can I have a screenshot?"

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

DevNall wrote:I'd thought about that, actually, but of course Lucia uses the Blue Spire for her return trip.

Ah, true. That might have to do with Lucia's powers; I doubt she'd be confined by any limitation.

Like I said, it'd only be one of the reasons. The likelihood is that both of them can be used for transport in either direction. Hiro couldn't access the transport room in the Blue Spire, except when Lucia was coming in or leaving; so, it seemed that the only way a human could get from Lunar to the Blue Star was via the Star Spire.

Which brings up another possibility: the Blue Spire might just be used for divine agents, like Lucia, while the Star Spire is for humans.

Also keep in mind that in EB, the other purpose of the Blue Spire was explained. It's the focal point for the restorative energy of Lunar being collected, to eventually power the restoration of the Blue Star. That's how Lucia saved Hiro when he was crystallized. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Star Dragon Tower could also just be the reverse of the Fortress of Althena. The Fortress of Althena took people to Lunar from the Blue Star. Perhaps the Star Dragon Tower has a Fortress-like creation underground. Noone seemed to know anything about the tower in the game except the four dragons.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Hmm. That'd explain why Althena/Luna didn't freak out when the Fortress of Althena was damaged...and why Lucia didn't seem to much care that the Fortress of Althena got munched by Zophar.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm thinking the Star Dragon Tower is built to be used by humans, and the Blue Spire is built to be used by whatever Lucia is (Goddess, demi-god, whatever).

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

It's easy, not such a big thing

Star Dragon Tower is to go UP to the Blue Star

Blue Spire is the recption end.

Seems that crytal thing Lucia has is capable of recieving and ejecting citizens from Lunar and the Blue Star.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Actually, I would imagine both towers are bidirectional...and that the Star Dragon either already does, or can in a pinch, extend his presence to guard the portal on both ends.

As for Lucia's portal, only she can use it...it probably runs on 'sacred magic.' I wonder if Ghaleon could've used it if he'd tried.