Game Arts trademarked "Lunar"

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
jos24
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Game Arts trademarked "Lunar"

Post by jos24 »

Game Arts trademarked "Lunar" on March 11 in Japan, which was made public today: https://chizai-watch.com/t/2024025020

Trademarking owned IP doesn't necessarily mean new developments are planned. But maybe one day we can get a Lunar Collection on consoles and PC. @GA_Express
Althena Bless u

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Game Arts trademarked "Lunar"

Post by Kizyr »

I'll admit I do not have time to look more into this, so this is just an educated guess... But this seems like generally a good thing? Clarifying the trademark means it's at least possible for someone to release anything else Lunar-related (whereas while it's ambiguous -- like I think is the case in the US -- it's a lot harder). Could be something as simple as just making sure, like, ports of Lunar for PSP work on updated systems though.
~Kizyr (they|them)

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

At this point I would be happy with just a port. I would love to play it on new systems.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Winchester469
Burg Farmer

Post by Winchester469 »

I'd like a full package release including the Sega CD games. I know they are harder to go back to, but I actually really liked the magic experience system in eternal blue. If they ever did another remake I'd like to see a hybrid of some sort between the two. The only thing about a remake is John Truit is Ghaleon. The PSP game was so jaring without him in it.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Full agreement on liking the Magic Experience system in the Sega CD Lunar 2. I think the main reason it gets a bad reputation is that it was also used to impose a cost on saving anywhere, but if you just remove that (like in the Japanese version) then there's no issue and it becomes a far more interesting dynamic. Also story-wise it sets up a great payoff with characters like Jean.
~Kizyr (they|them)