Nall Plush

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Maru
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Nall Plush

Post by Maru »

Hi everyone!

Man, I can't believe it's been so long. I hope you're all doing well, especially those I'm not connected with on social media. :)

The time has finally come. Over the past 20 years I've been slowly expanding my Lunar collection, and one of the only missing pieces is the Nall plush. I've been looking EVERYWHERE. eBay, conventions, auctions, and everything has come up understandably dry. It's time to rely on the community and see if anyone knows of any leads, especially if you know of anyone who has been trying to sell but waiting for the right buyer.

Any info is appreciated. So excited to be back on here.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Nall Plush

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Hi, I think I joined after you stopped posting, so nice to meet you. Anyways: I searched Mandarake and Yahoo!Auctions for combinations of "LUNAR" "Nall" ""ルーナ”(LUNAR), "ナル"(Nall), and " プラッシュ"(plush), but couldn't find much. I reccomend keeping an eye on Yahoo!Auctions via Zenmarket, or a similar proxy, as it's inventory changes. Note that a shipping proxy means you pay for shipping twice: first to ship from a seller to a company warehouse, and again for them to ship it to you.
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/?lang=en
https://zenmarket.jp/
Ebay is good, but if you really want to get into obscure Japanese collecting, it's only the tip of the iceberg. Good luck!

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Shinto-Cetra wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:35 pm Hi, I think I joined after you stopped posting, so nice to meet you. Anyways: I searched Mandarake and Yahoo!Auctions for combinations of "LUNAR" "Nall" ""ルーナ”(LUNAR), "ナル"(Nall), and " プラッシュ"(plush), but couldn't find much. I reccomend keeping an eye on Yahoo!Auctions via Zenmarket, or a similar proxy, as it's inventory changes. Note that a shipping proxy means you pay for shipping twice: first to ship from a seller to a company warehouse, and again for them to ship it to you.
Ebay is good, but if you really want to get into obscure Japanese collecting, it's only the tip of the iceberg. Good luck!
Aaaah this is so help, thank you!!!! And hi ^..^ I'll keep this updated if I find anything. :)

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Good advice, though you'll want to substitute ルーナ (Luna) for ルナ (LUNAR) so you don't search for nonexistent Luna dolls. The katakana transcription is a little unusual. You could also occasionally add ぬいぐるみ for stuffed animal, too. Unfortunately, you'll be more likely to find dolls of Luna the cat from Sailor Moon with this search, but you never know what'll happen if you keep trying!
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Holy cow, Maru. Good to see you! I was actually thinking of you recently, though mainly in the context of "I wonder if her screenname predates Maru the Cat."

I occasionally trawl Yahoo Auctions Japan for stuff, although there's precious little LUNAR stuff for me to find other than magazines these days, so I'll keep my eyes open I sometimes buy things I already have if the price is low and hang on to it for when a poster here might want it. Let me know if you'd like to know what I have duplicates of!

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Alunissage wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:32 pm Holy cow, Maru. Good to see you! I was actually thinking of you recently, though mainly in the context of "I wonder if her screenname predates Maru the Cat."

I occasionally trawl Yahoo Auctions Japan for stuff, although there's precious little LUNAR stuff for me to find other than magazines these days, so I'll keep my eyes open I sometimes buy things I already have if the price is low and hang on to it for when a poster here might want it. Let me know if you'd like to know what I have duplicates of!
Aaaahhhhh!!!! It's so good to see you!! :) Haha, it's funny because my friend in high school wrote a comic about cats called Marus, and that's where I got it from. 🤣

Oh my gosh absolutely!!! I would LOVE that. :)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Maru wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:36 pm
Shinto-Cetra wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:35 pm Hi, I think I joined after you stopped posting, so nice to meet you. Anyways: I searched Mandarake and Yahoo!Auctions for combinations of "LUNAR" "Nall" ""ルーナ”(LUNAR), "ナル"(Nall), and " プラッシュ"(plush), but couldn't find much. I reccomend keeping an eye on Yahoo!Auctions via Zenmarket, or a similar proxy, as it's inventory changes. Note that a shipping proxy means you pay for shipping twice: first to ship from a seller to a company warehouse, and again for them to ship it to you.
Aaaah this is so help, thank you!!!! And hi ^..^ I'll keep this updated if I find anything. :)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/166301756415?m ... media=COPY
I hope you see this in time. Someone in my Lunar Discord posted this, and I thought of you.

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Shinto-Cetra wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:24 am
Maru wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:36 pm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/166301756415?m ... media=COPY
I hope you see this in time. Someone in my Lunar Discord posted this, and I thought of you.
I SAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW I WILL DIE IF I DON'T GET IT AAAHHH. I literally screamed when I got the eBay notification.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

$1290. So any of you win? :)

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

DevNall wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:19 am $1290. So any of you win? :)
I'll post pictures when he gets delivered. :)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Maru wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:23 pm
DevNall wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:19 am $1290. So any of you win? :)
I'll post pictures when he gets delivered. :)
Congrats! Whoo hoo!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

O_O Congratulations. It's a good thing I didn't see this myself or one of us would've ended up paying a whole lot more -- that's the one bit of merch (as opposed to production materials) that I want the most, the UFO catcher Nall. I don't suppose you'd care to trade it for the ESP plush Nall...? =)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Alunissage wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:56 pm O_O Congratulations. It's a good thing I didn't see this myself or one of us would've ended up paying a whole lot more -- that's the one bit of merch (as opposed to production materials) that I want the most, the UFO catcher Nall. I don't suppose you'd care to trade it for the ESP plush Nall...? =)
Huh, I did not realize it was different.

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Alunissage wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:56 pm O_O Congratulations. It's a good thing I didn't see this myself or one of us would've ended up paying a whole lot more -- that's the one bit of merch (as opposed to production materials) that I want the most, the UFO catcher Nall. I don't suppose you'd care to trade it for the ESP plush Nall...? =)
LOL I honestly thought the person I was bidding against might have been you.

Added pictures! I was out of town when he arrived so that's my husband's arm, I'm not that hairy 🙈 Now time to hunt for the ESP plush.....
Attachments
1000001380.jpg
1000001380.jpg (80.61 KiB) Viewed 209351 times
1000001379.jpg
1000001379.jpg (95.96 KiB) Viewed 209351 times

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Oh my gosh! I want one, i want one, i want one!
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Maru wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:54 pm LOL I honestly thought the person I was bidding against might have been you.
Wouldn't be the first time I and another LNet person ended up bidding against each other...though the highest one, which I think also ended at over $1000, I volunteered to drop out. It was for TSS production art and I already had some, and it was Nobi, who I've known since I joined the WDMB 24 years ago (and is an artist, so I knew he'd appreciate it even more than I).

Did I really just type 24 years...yes, yes, I did.

ANYWAY, if you ever decide you want the ESP plush more than this one, we can talk... :D (I am not otherwise interested in decreasing my Nall population, just to be clear to everyone.)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Congratulations on the win, Maru!

I've never had the collector's urge or the pocketbook to go that high on a listing. I'm happy to hear that these items go to people who will appreciate and love them.

This might well be a new topic, but I'm curious what all you have in your collection now. 20+ years is a long time to gather things.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, gosh. Well, I started collecting in earnest when I ended up with two Nall plushies, both prizes rather than purchases (although I did buy one later as gift for a friend) -- one was from the EBC haiku contest on the WDMB, the other was from WD's claw machine at E3. (The man before me nearly got it, so it was in good position for me to grab with the claw.) I decided I needed a collection to live up to those stars. Games, soundtracks, guides, manga, novels...as far as I know I have every one released, and every variant/region/language. I have a mass of phonecards, though likely not all of them because there were a lot produced with just slightly different logos on them so I'm less concerned about those. Some flyers and other printed material. The keychains. All The Lunar (software). Some little rubber stamps of the Magic School girls. The MS anime. The MS tabletop RPG book. A coin and the coinpurse. The Japanese pendant. An EBC snowglobe that G1 sold me. The Lucia resin figure. A Luna mug. The HSS fan and voice card. A Lunar Genesis screen cleaner. Demo discs and a review copy of TSS. A bunch of posters which I haven't seen in years because they've been in poster tubes. The Ghaleon punching puppet (my husband has one too). Stickers. Pins. T-shirts and mousepads. Dozens of Japanese magazines with Lunar coverage. Other miscellaneous printed matter that included Lunar art, like the ESP calendar. The official artbooks, and some of Akari Funato's artbooks with drafts of Lunar manga. Fax copies of the EB line sketches in the I+II artbook (complete with Game Arts's fax number at the top). And most treasured, some original production art: drawings of Kyle, Nash, Mia, Jessica, and Ramus, and the art that's on TSS disc 3 of Alex and Luna looking out over the view. I really have no idea how to display those, since there's pencil on one side and colored pencil on the other.

I'm probably forgetting some stuff. But it's easier to say what I don't have, besides the Nall UFO catcher that Maru just got. I've seen a Lucia clock made from a CD which I'm not sure was official. There's the Genesis star projector and prize umbrella, though I don't expect to see either of those. Someone here mentioned long ago seeing a book of Lunar sheet music, which I don't know if it exists. Liner notes in one of the soundtracks mentions a Lunar song being included in a Sega karaoke thing. There are photos of a couple other resin figures/garage kits which I don't know if were one-offs or more generally made. I'd like to find the reviewable cart of the NA Legend release that was sent to magazines in mid-2002 that had nonfinal names for the characters. SSH was released as a downloadable for PSP in Europe and I haven't found a way to get that and see if there are any differences. I've seen a pin I don't have. Other miscellaneous printed material, store displays, things like that, though I haven't really tried for those. And, of course, other production art probably exists. At this point I'm not checking very often for things because there are just so few things to look for. Even I don't need every single magazine that mentions a Lunar game. =)

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Alunissage wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:03 pmI really have no idea how to display those, since there's pencil on one side and colored pencil on the other.
A double sided picture frame

or a resin block?

---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Those are interesting ideas, thanks! I'll need to think about where I could put them so there's little sunlight (even indirect has faded some of my stuff over the years), but I live in a house where most of the front wall is windows so that complicates things. My best option might actually be a stairwell, but then it'd be hard to look at them.