Show off your wonderful collection!

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

Tsk, you're putting "the" in SSSC's full name. :P

Jian
Reza Thief

Post by Jian »

where do you guys get all your merchandise at?

I've never really been able to find anything along the lines of soundtracks, artbooks, etc.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Jian wrote:where do you guys get all your merchandise at?

I've never really been able to find anything along the lines of soundtracks, artbooks, etc.

Check ebay, anime shops, Yahoo Auctions Japan if you know someone in Japan the sellers will ship to.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Heh, one of these days I swear I'll amass quite a collection! First I have to replace some of my own things, though..

US TSS
Pretty nice condition when you consider that I got it secondhand from my cousin. It actually looked new when I first got it. Pretty much just a keepsake until I can replace my Sega-CD. :(

US EB
Not in as good of condition as TSS - Just the disk, as I bought it at a garage sale a long time ago. I'd love to replace it just to have the box - I don't even care what kind of condition it is in. (Heck, I'd buy the empty box. XD)

US SSSC
The Box is RUINED because we moved 2 times, and both times my Mother packed my things while I was away and she wasn't very nice to my games. I still have all of the contents in near-mint condition, but the poor box is just trashed. ::pets the poor thing::

US EBC
Same as the SSSC Box, although thankfully not nearly as tattered. My only problem is that Omake Box has a rather large stain on it from when my sister was possessed to use it as a coaster for her Soda. Why has God cursed me with such inconsiderate family? Why? I need to replace them both. At least the contents (like SSSC), were protected by the poor, poor box.

US Lunar Legend

...and of course all the various memorabilia that came packaged with the Playstation games. Thankfully I've kept them (minus what was noted above) in near-perfect condition. Probably my favorite things among them are the two soundtracks and the instruction manuals. (I wish more companies made their manuals so pretty. :P)

Oh! And I also have the Japanese version of Lucia's Pendant, which I bought off of a girl at school for $5. (Her boyfriend gave it to her as a present. I'm such a horrible person - Buying gifts from people! :( )

Yes, not very much. I need to work on replacing my two boxes and Omake box before I can even think about getting more stuff. =/ The first thing on the list to search for after that is Magic School...and the Saturn to play it... :lol:
- Mike

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Alunissage wrote:Really miscellaneous
Photo of self with Borgan (2)

Ha! I have that too. ;) You must have been at that same E3.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Here is a quick picture I took, the lighting sucks, I did not include soundtracks, guides or multiple copies of games for space related reasons. Image

Added in edit:

From Top right. Lunar SSS Artbook, Lunar TSS Sega CD, Lunar SSS Saturn, Lunar EB Sega CD,

Lunar EB Saturn, Lunar Legend US, Lunar Magical School Saturn, Plush Nall.

Ghaleon Puppet boxed, Lunar TSS Mega CD, Lunar Walking School Game Gear, Lunar: Genesis Nintendo DS, Lunar EB Complete US,

Lunar EB Mega CD, Lunar SSC Fan Art edition, Lunar SSSC Box, Lunar I + II art book.
Last edited by DragonmasterDan on Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, though I think Borgan was at two E3s, since Zach played him at one and the first E3 I went to was after he and WD had parted ways.

NallOne, I would happily buy that Japanese pendant off you. Could throw in a Saturn EB game and perhaps a non-trashed game box or two... ;)

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Alunissage wrote:Yeah, though I think Borgan was at two E3s, since Zach played him at one and the first E3 I went to was after he and WD had parted ways.

NallOne, I would happily buy that Japanese pendant off you. Could throw in a Saturn EB game and perhaps a non-trashed game box or two... ;)

It was likely 2000 (or even 1999) when Zach was Borgan. I think by 2001 Zach was working for some odd Playstation magazine (Not OPM or PSM either). I remember seeing his media badge for Sony's press conference/ lunch on a table when I picked mine up in 2001, he was working for some magazine I had never heard of.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah. He was no longer at WD by E3 2001. I went in 2001 and 2002 (and this year), but of course Borgan was only at 2001's. I've no idea if (Borgan) made an appearance in 1999, but I wouldn't think so given that it was around SSSC's release, while in 2000 the EBC demo had just come out. Last I heard Zach's still freelancing here and there. I ran into him at E3 2002 -- he actually recognized me, to my shock -- but I haven't really been in touch since. It got too hard doing the balancing act between him and Vic. :|

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Alunissage wrote:Yeah. He was no longer at WD by E3 2001. I went in 2001 and 2002 (and this year), but of course Borgan was only at 2001's. I've no idea if (Borgan) made an appearance in 1999, but I wouldn't think so given that it was around SSSC's release, while in 2000 the EBC demo had just come out. Last I heard Zach's still freelancing here and there. I ran into him at E3 2002 -- he actually recognized me, to my shock -- but I haven't really been in touch since. It got too hard doing the balancing act between him and Vic. :|

He still posts on various forums throughout the internet under various names.

On a side note I don't recall seeing Borgan in 2001, I do recall Don Shirley at the booth near the skill crane asking people for names of Arc the Lad characters in order to recieve the token necessary play the skill crane which contained plush Nalls, Silhoutte Mirage plushies and various other WD goodies . Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful in my attempts to acquire a plush Nall via this method in the few tries I had at it, and I couldn't play continously as I had to actually cover the show.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Alunissage wrote:NallOne, I would happily buy that Japanese pendant off you. Could throw in a Saturn EB game and perhaps a non-trashed game box or two... ;)

I'd have to think about that. I really love the pendant. Quite a lot more than the NA version as that one isn't nearly as easy (or comfortable) to wear. Although I have to say Saturn EB and replacement boxes is very tempting. :o
- Mike

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Ya know, as much as I <3 Lucia, I never did wear that pendant...or even unwrap it. Heh.

I guess I figured it'd be better to save it.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Angelalex242 wrote:Ya know, as much as I <3 Lucia, I never did wear that pendant...or even unwrap it. Heh.

I guess I figured it'd be better to save it.

You would not have worn it much anyway. The 'chain' (rope?) is horribly uncomfortable around your neck, and the pendant itself is pretty heavy. I honestly felt like I was wearing a chandelier hanging on a rope. I only wore it once, maybe twice.
- Mike

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I remember that. It's how I got my second Nall. In one of the photos Borgan is choking it (him?). I don't remember if it took one try or two, though. My parents found us in line for the machine, which was funny since they hadn't told me they might show up.

D'oh, I forgot to quote the post I'm replying to, and forgot that it was on the previous page. This is in response to DDan.

I wanted to get two Japanese pendants to wear as earrings with my EBC one, but I've never seen even one for sale. I've worn the EBC one several times, though, and get compliments on it almost every time. The cord does hurt.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Alunissage wrote:Yeah, I remember that. It's how I got my second Nall. In one of the photos Borgan is choking it (him?). I don't remember if it took one try or two, though. My parents found us in line for the machine, which was funny since they hadn't told me they might show up.

D'oh, I forgot to quote the post I'm replying to, and forgot that it was on the previous page. This is in response to DDan.

I wanted to get two Japanese pendants to wear as earrings with my EBC one, but I've never seen even one for sale. I've worn the EBC one several times, though, and get compliments on it almost every time. The cord does hurt.

I played once each day I think. So like three tries, a co-worker of mine and a former WD employee was going for the plush Silhoutte Mirage's due to their apparent rarity (according to him Vic only got 15-20 or so of those or so Vic told him when he worked there) which didn't help the situation (if both of us went for Nall's it would have doubled the odds obviously). Oddly enough I'm usually quite good at skill cranes but a lot of it has to do with position and sometimes there just isn't a grabable item on one turn and after a few things are moved the person after you will have a good shot.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The person before me almost got it, and it dropped in a good position for me to get it. Who were you with? I'm trying to recall who that might describe but am only coming up with four or five male names, only one of whom I've met.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm pretty sure he's talking about JoeyJoJoJJRShabido (Chris Trimiew).
-G1

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

GhaleonOne wrote:I'm pretty sure he's talking about JoeyJoJoJJRShabido (Chris Trimiew).

Yep, I was with Chris.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, here's my collection.

From right to left...
Top Row: Vane Airship Story manga, Lunar MS Vols 1 and 2 manga, Childhood's End manga, Lunar EB manga, SSS Newtype Artbook
Second Row: Lunar MS novel, Lunar SSS Novelization Vols 1-4
Third Row: Lemina's Arrival novel, Lunar EB Novelization Vols. 1-3
Fourth Row: Lunar TSS (rarest disc), Lunar EB, Lunar SSSC, Lunar EBC
Fifth Row: Lunar TSS Japanese, Lunar EB Japanese, Lunar SS, Lunar Legend Japanese, Lunar Genesis
Sixth Row: Lunar MS, Lunar SSS Japanese (Saturn), Lunar EBC Japanese (Saturn). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh, those books... so sexy... *drools*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."