Lunar on Gamecube/PS2

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by NallOne »

drumlord wrote:Would you rather I put in signifigant? Worth noting? If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Katrina might drop sales by a few hundred units. And that's still a might. Katrina didn't kill all of the southeast or remove it from the country. In a month, most people there will be just as likely to buy or not buy Lunar as they were if Katrina didn't happen.

You have to keep in mind that a very large amount of southeastern people are without home and job now, so money is going to be an issue for quite a bit of time in the near future. What money they do have is going to be put into rebuilding their homes and finding new jobs, not video games.

I don't think it is going to make a huge difference in the sales as a whole, but to say that that many people being without the funds to buy the game won't have a noticeable part at all seems a bit optimistic. Then again, it isn't like every last one of them would have purchased the game in the first place. Plus you have to take into account that a good chunk of the people effected by Katrina were living in differing levels of poverty as it were anyway...

Yeah. >_> I lost my point. XD
- Mike

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

I don't know what point you intended to make, NallOne, but your post is pretty much what I was stating in concern to Katrina. Like drumlord said, Katrina wouldn't likely make a "noticable" impact on Lunar: DS's sale (it could bomb, hurricane/no hurricane, for all we know), but the event WILL affect game purchases throughout the nation.

Gas prices are on the rise (the hurricane is being used as one excuse) and most people are willing to balance their budget toward relief funds, gas, and food, while sacraficing plans on buying Lunar: DS, Trace Memory, etc., in the process. I believe these numbers to be much higher than what drumlord is stating.