Who thinks that Eternal Blue will be remade for GBA or DS?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.

I do
25%
Not me
75%

Total votes: 12

the_importer
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by the_importer »

With Silver Star for GBA and Genesis/Dragon Song for DS, who thinks that Eternal Blue will be remade for GBA or DS?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Honestly, I doubt it. EB was huge, and the animation was more important in it's presentation of the story. Porting it to a portable really wouldn't do well. They could do it, but really, EB has always been on the late end of everything. It didn't get a PC version, and it likely won't get a portable version. I'm fine with that, even if it would be nice to play portable EB.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I would still rather them just shove the PSX versions of the game onto PSP UMDs for portable gaming. That's the whole reason I wanted a portable playstation, is to play the lunar's. However, that was long ago when people thought it couldn't be done and I was crazy, added with the fact that even if the PSP was released then, Lunar would probably not make it to it, only the PSX.

And I agree with G1.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

the_importer
Meribian Merchant

Post by the_importer »

Well considering that the PSP is not doing so well right now, I don't think we'll be seeing Lunar on it.

I'm just happy I didn't jump on the PSP bandwagon when the temptation was there. So far, there isn't one single exclusive game that interests me on that handheld.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Yeah, the PSP sales at this point are well well below expectations I wouldn't count on it. I think a more likely scenerio would be a Lunar compilation on PS3 or something with Lunar 1 and 2 re-released as part of a collection maybe with DVD quality video.

If you really want to play portable EB, buy a PSone with LCD screen (which a number of places are clearing out these days) one of the NiHM battery packs that weight about 8 pounds (it's a pain to carrry admittedly) and play it that way :-D

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

since that lunar legend was such a bad game compared to TSS and SSSC
I think they wouldn't dare to try such a remake again for EB.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

DragonmasterDan wrote:If you really want to play portable EB, buy a PSone with LCD screen (which a number of places are clearing out these days) one of the NiHM battery packs that weight about 8 pounds (it's a pain to carrry admittedly) and play it that way :-D

Well, I had thought of that, and even almost did that when I had the money a year ago. However, it just wasn't the same kind of protability I would have wanted, whereas the PSP (which I have played) is great and not bulky as some people say it is. It may be for them, but not for me, and I have tiny hands :P

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Or just shell out the money for one of Sega CDX's or whatever they were called and play portable Sega CD TSS and EB. That would be the most ideal.
-G1

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

GhaleonOne wrote:Or just shell out the money for one of Sega CDX's or whatever they were called and play portable Sega CD TSS and EB. That would be the most ideal.

CDX's? The CDX was just a combination Genesis/Sega CD (there was also the JVC X-Eye/Wondermega which was a Combination Genesis/Sega CD/Karoke player). There was a portable Genesis called the nomad but there is no way to hook the CD up to it. In the case of the CDX or X-Eye there are no connectable screens or battery packs.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

DragonmasterDan wrote:If you really want to play portable EB, buy a PSone with LCD screen (which a number of places are clearing out these days) one of the NiHM battery packs that weight about 8 pounds (it's a pain to carrry admittedly) and play it that way :-D

I have one of these. It's nifty, but definately not what I'd call a portable console. You can't carry it around easily, or pull it out of your pocket to play a game for a few minutes.

I love my little PSOne, but I would never refer to it as a portable.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Huh, maybe I got confused. I thought there was a portable Sega CD/Genesis combo. I didn't remember the name, but thought it was the CD-X. Look back at the person who told me that, I'm sure he was wrong. I actually had a JVC X'eye though.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, as I understand it, the CDX was portable...as a CD player. No screen, though.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Alunissage wrote:Well, as I understand it, the CDX was portable...as a CD player. No screen, though.

The add on TurboGrafx CD was portable as a CD player as well, but absolutely lame to use as such.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

It would be neat to see EB on portable, but the poll wasn't for SHOULD it be done, it's WILL it be done, and I don't think it will.