Question about Althena/Lucia

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:It'd be astonishing if Luna made it to the age she was in TSS without ever bleeding...ESPECIALLY considering that she had certainly started puberty.

Hehehe, lucky Alex if she didn't :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

phyco126 wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:It'd be astonishing if Luna made it to the age she was in TSS without ever bleeding...ESPECIALLY considering that she had certainly started puberty.

Are you suggesting that Alex has pedo tendencies?

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
phyco126 wrote:

I think it's more along the lines of women not always being the most pleasant to be around during that "time of month." Can't say I blame them either -- if I were bleeding from down there for 6 days straight I'd be cranky too.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

OH! Well, what he said could've been taken in more than one way.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
phyco126 wrote:

I think it's more along the lines of women not always being the most pleasant to be around during that "time of month." Can't say I blame them either -- if I were bleeding from down there for 6 days straight I'd be cranky too.

Exactly :P

Besides, not being about to have sex for 6 days, is, well, you know, for a guy it probably sucks (though Alex, well, he probably died a virgin. *snicker, takes swig if more alchohol*)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Sorry, I wasn't clear on that I was asking about. If I recall correctly, JWL's notes on differences between the US and Japanese EB say that as he's defeated in the US one he says that as long as there's darkness in the hearts of humans he can return, or something like that, while in the Japanese one he just yells wordlessly. So I'm wondering if there's anything in the novels where he's saying at the time of his defeat specifically that he can/will come back.

Ok, I just finished the second-to-last chapter in the EB novels. Here's the line from right after Zophar is defeated:

Zophar: "But... remember this.... Humans... revived... me... And... once again..."
Zophar's voice started to fade away.
Lucia: "Zophar. You poor god. Humans may once again falter. And you may be revived many times more. But, you will be sent back each time. That is because of humanity's true power, Althena's true power."

So yeah, it's consistent with the sort of things he says either way. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, Althena WAS A goddess of creation. Surely she could 'edit out' the negative effects of Creation from her human persona, no?

Anyways, I didn't ask if she bled, I asked if she had DNA. Does she have doublehelixes down there in her anatomy somewhere?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I would think she'd have to have DNA simply in order to construct proteins and the like for her human visage.

But then, we're dealing with a magical world, so that's no guarantee.

But put another way, is the question even relevant then? Yes, I know, haploid gamete DNA means the ability to conceive children in this world. In most of our history, a knowledge of DNA was irrelevant concerning whether people had children or not. Legends don't view a lack of child as the effect of a lack of DNA, but normally as either some sort of enchantment, barrenness, or simple chance.

Althena/Luna could have simply chosen not to have children. If we want to get more concrete, it could equally well have been Alex that was sterile. Oh, wait, Dyne doesn't have any children either. Does that mean that Dragonmasters are sterile too, or don't have DNA in order to avoid people claiming they should be an heir?

There's no answer to your question, except that it's equally likely several other things could be going on.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Bah.

I was hoping for a more concrete answer I could give admin elsewhere. If it's up to personal interpretation, my view is no better or worse then his.

But the Dragonmasters both had human parents, with human biologies. Althena incarnations do not have human parents. It's not a fair comparison. The fact they have parents means the fact they have DNA is pretty well assured.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

joker_mausland
Pao Hunter

Post by joker_mausland »

The first lunar game I played was Lunar 2 eternal blue. When I first played the game I thought Althena and Lucia were sisters later on I thought Lucia was Althena's daughter but now I really don't know. :?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

They are most definitely NOT related. Even a little.

The novels confirm this.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Angelalex242 wrote:They are most definitely NOT related. Even a little.

The novels confirm this.

Wait, I thought they where sister like? I guess I really should read the novels that Kiz translated sometime.