Lunar 3 level 99 characters...

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
celestiallight
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 3 level 99 characters...

Post by celestiallight »

Why would they happen if they had 12000-18000 MP and 1000-7000 MP when they were level 99?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

...I don't think I understand this question. Lunar 3 doesn't exist yet, and a game can have any scale of HP/MP and max level. Arc 1 had a max level of 60, while Arc II topped out at 999 (I think, never heard of anyone actually making it past 400 or so); previous Lunars have all stayed in triple-digit ranges. Numbers are just numbers; if characters have lots of HP then enemies are going to be doing lots of damage, and so on.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Alunissage wrote:...I don't think I understand this question. Lunar 3 doesn't exist yet, and a game can have any scale of HP/MP and max level. Arc 1 had a max level of 60, while Arc II topped out at 999 (I think, never heard of anyone actually making it past 400 or so); previous Lunars have all stayed in triple-digit ranges. Numbers are just numbers; if characters have lots of HP then enemies are going to be doing lots of damage, and so on.

Yeah, I don't like when people try to take numbers so literally. It reminds me of arguments from 10ish years ago (which I tried to stay out of) that no Lunar character could stand up against a Final Fantasy character because FF went up to 4 digits. I'm sure somewhere on the internet such arguments still take place.
-Rich-

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Heh, everyone knows that the cast of FF7 can beat everything by just hitting "X"(I think that was the button) repeatedly.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hehe, reminds me of this post I read elsewhere:

My right hand is for pressing "a" as fast as possible, no matter what game it is.
Jump...roll..."Runic"...shoot...swing..."Blitz"...it's all the same.

But yeah, we've even seen that particular argument here when someone tried to use lv 99 stats to "prove" Hiro was stronger than Alex.

Although TSS Ghaleon has 1600 HP when he's in your party, I think.

Althena's_Courtier
Student of Vane

Post by Althena's_Courtier »

Alunissage wrote:...I don't think I understand this question. Lunar 3 doesn't exist yet, and a game can have any scale of HP/MP and max level. Arc 1 had a max level of 60, while Arc II topped out at 999 (I think, never heard of anyone actually making it past 400 or so); previous Lunars have all stayed in triple-digit ranges. Numbers are just numbers; if characters have lots of HP then enemies are going to be doing lots of damage, and so on.

Another example of such a game is Legend of Dragoon (which I fell in love with when i saw the CG previews on the idiot box) with a max of the big six-oh!

Final fantasy has a 99 level.
Castlevainia I got to sixty-two.