Is there a LUNAR 3?!

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Is there ganna be a LUNAR 3?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 38

sylanthir
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by sylanthir »

How about something to the affect of some great evil power along the lines of if not Zophar tries to crash the two worlds together to restore darkness to the galaxy. The heroes discsover that the only power strong enough to stop this great evil is ofcourse the power of love and the two worlds someone fuse into some utopia. Haha I haven't really figured out the logistics of that one but perhaps Lunar would have to be heroically destroyed by the power of the dragons to prevent this apocalyptic event so that the lovers can live in peace in the restored blue star.
"the jedi turned against me, don't you turn against me!"

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

GhaleonOne wrote:I think it would be interested to have Zophar running around as a mortal, trying to regain his powers. How this would occur, I'm not sure, but that's what Shigema is for. :P This was an idea from the old Lunar Threads, but I can't remember who suggested it. It just seems like it would work well. The party could be running around trying to catch up to Zophar. This could all be going on while the people are on the move to the Blue Star, leaving two worlds to explore.

Actually, I think Hiro, Ronfar, whoever will see Zophar and start beating him up again...or he will turn to a girl, seeing he looks like a girl when you fight him. >.> <.<;;

Anyways, if there's a Lunar 3, I'm willing to buy it. I like Lunar 1 and 2. (Lunar Genesis/DS is a so-so), so I hope that Lunar 3 will be somehow be nice. ^^ It's possible Zophar will return, and if he does, I think he's hiding in some dark place waiting for his resurrection...or he's turned to a Mortal and he's looking for Hiro.

There's one thing I want to know, though. Is Ghaleon truly dead? We saw him "dead" in Lunar: Silver Star Story, we saw him vanish to a light in Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, will they bring him back? I'm a fan of Ghaleon (because he's hawt. X3 ), and personnaly, I'll be depressed if Ghaleon's revived again. =/

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Ghaleon is dead. He has already been revived and repented for his past transgressions. I wouldn't want to see another reincarnation of him. That would all but ruin the legacy of Ghaleon...which gives me an idea for a game.:)
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Mei Ling wrote:There's one thing I want to know, though. Is Ghaleon truly dead? We saw him "dead" in Lunar: Silver Star Story, we saw him vanish to a light in Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, will they bring him back? I'm a fan of Ghaleon (because he's hawt. X3 ), and personnaly, I'll be depressed if Ghaleon's revived again. =/

Personally, even though I am a Ghaleon fan too, I think he should just let the poor guy rest in peace. He's finally at peace with himself, let him enjoy it. That said, a bit or cameo part of his wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

If anyone is familiar with the Star Wars novelizations, then... there's old villains that are brought back frequently enough by the wonders of cloning. Joruus C'baoth, the Emperor, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Bevel Lemelisk (the designer of the Death Star)... I'm not suggesting that Lunar has cloning technology (though that does raise an interesting point, concerning the botanical experiments in Iluk), but that reviving does get a little old when it's done too conveniently. And done three times, why... unthinkable!

And plus, I agree with the other two. At peace is nice.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I remember discussing it breifly with Vic like 7 years ago. He seemed to think that they could bring back Ghaleon if done properly, even a third time. I also think it would be possible, but it'd have to be handled EXTREMELY well. Otherwise, let the man have his rest. In the past I always wanted him to be revived, but nowadays, I think having a nice grave for him would suffice. Perhaps even have a shrine dedicated to him that the Lunar 3 party has to visit, and perhaps find some recordings Ghaleon left (such as at the top of the Mystic Ruins).
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Or like the recording Luna left for Lucia? :P

I think the obvious solution is to have a prequel, so we can see him in his youth. But I'm kind of afraid now to see a game based then for fear it would screw up the backstory established in the manga. :|

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

On a note related to Ghaleon's backstory, I found it interesting that in the character data for Ghaleon in the Lunar 1 & 2 artbook, he is listed as a native of Vane. There is more precedence for that than I realized. But given how Lunar DS warped the world's history, precedence hardly seems to matter for anything now.
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:On a note related to Ghaleon's backstory, I found it interesting that in the character data for Ghaleon in the Lunar 1 & 2 artbook, he is listed as a native of Vane. There is more precedence for that than I realized. But given how Lunar DS warped the world's history, precedence hardly seems to matter for anything now.

Change "1000 years" to "about 1000 years" and no more warping! Easy as that. So, we have it occurring maybe 1200-1300 years before TSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:
Mei Ling wrote:There's one thing I want to know, though. Is Ghaleon truly dead? We saw him "dead" in Lunar: Silver Star Story, we saw him vanish to a light in Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, will they bring him back? I'm a fan of Ghaleon (because he's hawt. X3 ), and personnaly, I'll be depressed if Ghaleon's revived again. =/

Personally, even though I am a Ghaleon fan too, I think he should just let the poor guy rest in peace. He's finally at peace with himself, let him enjoy it. That said, a bit or cameo part of his wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Yeah. Same here. If he got revived, he might be an evil slave or maybe went like "Oh no! Not again!"

I would like to see the Vile Tribe again in Lunar 3. >.> <.<
Lucia siggy~

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

man o man, i keep hoping there will be lunar 3, I have bought the DS one but havent played it yet, i hear its not all that super. But i have been waiting for lunar 3 for like 10 or 12 years. After playing TSS and EB I started saving money for lunar 3. I had 55 dollars in a bank account my parents created for me. I didnt close the account until I was 21, I was like why do I still have this account, then I dreamed of the day I would be playing lunar 3. Im still hoping though. Any word on who has the rights to make another one and if theyre thinkin of it?
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

sylanthir
Meribian Merchant

Post by sylanthir »

excerpt from Lunar 3:

Ghaleon: No Hiro, I am your father!

hahaha!
"the jedi turned against me, don't you turn against me!"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh... that joke was already done... uh... sorta.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

THE JOKE IS ON ALL OF YOU!

I'M YOUR FATHER! Each and every one of you!!

:: maniacal laughter and fading footsteps ::
ImageImageImage

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Asmodean wrote:THE JOKE IS ON ALL OF YOU!

I'M YOUR FATHER! Each and every one of you!!

:: maniacal laughter and fading footsteps ::

ONOS! DDDD: *bow!*

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Phyco126/Comics/Lnetstarwarsstyle.jpg

Where did you get those sprites from? They're preety well made. =D
Lucia siggy~

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

They're from Lunar Legend, which pretty much had the best sprites of any Lunar game.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

What Alunissage said. I have plenty of sprites that I painstakenly got from the game, in the highest of quality too I might add. Though, I only have sprites from the characters up to the point of beating up the fake dragonmaster. And that's from nearly 2000 screen shots. Same thing with backgrounds. I'm almost to the point however, where I can totally remake that comic to be even higher quality. :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I KNOW there is going to be a Lunar 3. Some Lunar sick smuck is going to have game making classes and will make a Lunar 3 that will be bought by Ubisoft. Then it will be bought by Millions. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

If you were on Lunar-Net more often, you would know that there are already a few people that go here regularly that are already planning on it.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

AirRaid
Burg Farmer

Post by AirRaid »

hi guys, in response to the earlier posts about Luna with brown hair,
here is the entire early preview of the different-looking Lunar for MegaCD

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/3841 ... 5542rf.jpg

it comes from EGM Number 26, September 1991,
and as you can see, it's on page 34 ^__^

http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/2493 ... 3122nv.jpg