What would you like to see in Lunar 3?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
LUNARverse
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What would you like to see in Lunar 3?

Post by LUNARverse »

This topic is dedicated to the things you'd like to see be a part of Lunar 3 if and when it ever releases. I will start with mine which can be an example of what I mean.

Travel between the Silver Star and the Blue Star, directly tied into the story.

I am anxious to hear what anyone else has to say, because I am sure someone will come up with something I haven't thought of that would totally rock.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

It's been done a bajillion times before, but I'll still toss mine in...

-baby black dragon
-Rich-

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Baby Blue Dragon. :P

Nall still being the White Dragon. >_< As well as perhaps Ruby having a human form.

Travel between the worlds, although the majority of the game to take place on the Blue Star. We've already explored Lunar twice now (well, more than that really). I'm interested in learning about what life on the Blue Star was like prior to the migration. I'd very much enjoy going through the ruins of the Blue Star. :)

A female main character. There aren't enough of them. :lol: It is just nice to see a break in the mold. A powerful, strong-willed woman leading the bunch rather than being limited to the 'Love interest' or 'Damsel in distress' roles.

...a Female Dragonmaster. :twisted: Even though I suppose that isn't possible considering it seems pretty likely that the times of the Goddess and her Dragonmaster are a thing of the past. The only way I could see that happening is if Lucia were to declare herself the Goddess of the Blue Star (and/or Lunar) and she needed a Dragonmaster of her own. I'd rather not have a Dragonmaster at all if that is the case, though. Lucia going against Althena's vision doesn't sit well with me.

That's all I've got right now. I don't want to be too picky. :wink:
- Mike

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

It could happen. (Lucia striking out on her own and not copying Althena)

I've been in Roleplays where it DID happen. And sometimes I set it up that way so it does happen.

Once good old Hiro kicks the bucket, there's plenty of room for Lucia to take a different path from Althena. Once he dies, the humanity she clung to isn't really so much THERE anymore.

Nall compensated with the Dragon Kids. Lucia doesn't have that. What she does when the last of the humanity she was personally connected to kicks the bucket is up for grabs.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Um, I just seriously doubt that Hiro's death would cause her to revert and forget what she learned. Just because it's happened before in a fanfic doesn't make it plausible story-wise. The point of Eternal Blue was to demonstrate her transformation. Going back on that entirely devastates the theme of love and destroys the original plot.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

I don't know so much about a female dragon master, but definitely I am all for a strong female lead, and not a male lead with female companion like Silver Star. Also It might be neat if there were four dragons for each star, one set more chinese themed like the dragons in Dragon Song, and then a set of more traditional European dragons like those in Silver Star.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Not necessarily.

It might be several hundred years of living by herself before Lucia is able to bring humans back to the Blue Star.

Perhaps she might look at the current batch of humans as just not measuring up to the one she loved. Or the ones that helped her against Zophar.

The plot, therefore, might be about helping her regain her faith in humanity. Which, as I see it, is a perfectly valid thing to make a plot about.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

However, in the sense of strong writing it may become redundant. Once Lucia understood the power of humanity, it became part of her awakening. She wouldn't cast it aside, because of some misfortune. I really don't think GameArts would even think about going in that direction, because we had all of those emotions, and doubts the first time around with Lucia. I wouldn't use role play as a logic, for outcome.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

drumlord wrote:It's been done a bajillion times before, but I'll still toss mine in... baby black dragon

Yes, it's not Lunar 3 without a baby dragon. :) I don't really care about the color. If the Four Heroes Story still has Dyne having to put down the Black Dragon, though, maybe we'll see a baby black dragon there?

I think it'd be nice to hear from Lucia, Nall and Ruby in some manner (if they're not around). Maybe find out some more about the Star Dragon, too.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I kind of think we wouldn't see a baby Black Dragon in a Four Heroes game, because the dragon was only confined by Dyne in the TSS version and that one had Alex and friends fighting its skeleton -- which Ghaleon's words imply counts as a dragon. Actually, that's an interesting question...why a baby White Dragon but not black, given that the Black Dragon is a lot further gone than Quark? Perhaps because the party doesn't talk with the Black Dragon and so the poignancy isn't there.

Still, that's an interesting thought.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Even if she keeps her faith, that doesn't necessarily imply a fatality.

Then again, many people thought, as I understand it, after the first game, that Althena would simply reincarnate post Alex.

She didn't. She died, and that's the end of it and her.

Then again, I don't find it particularly good writing to have Lucia play copycat to Althena. She isn't the same, and shouldn't be protrayed that way.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Alunissage wrote:Actually, that's an interesting question...why a baby White Dragon but not black, given that the Black Dragon is a lot further gone than Quark? Perhaps because the party doesn't talk with the Black Dragon and so the poignancy isn't there.

Still, that's an interesting thought.

Well, the four dragons thing doesn't seem to be set in stone. I don't recall any specific lines saying their must be four dragons at all times and only four. Though it's fairly obvious that one of each color holds strong importance at any time (including in spirit form). Because of Nall, we know dragons don't follow a phoenix style rebirth where one rises out of the ashes of another.

That isn't to say there can be tons of dragons, but a few extras or a few missing/in spirit form seems to be possible. It really comes back to how dragons come to be in the first place, which is a mystery. It seems like the most plausible way is that when a dragon needs to exist, one is born. Every dragon, including having Nall and Quark at the same time, has served a purpose.
-Rich-

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, true. I'm just thinking that if Dyne had a baby black dragon, Ghaleon would know about it, and if having that baby dragon had anything to do with confining the full-grown one, then Ghaleon would know that the flying cats are indeed immature dragons and have eliminated Nall while getting Alex to "destroy the last means of becoming a dragonmaster." Still, I could almost see an explanation of the black dragon's insanity having something to do with the appearance of a baby black dragon, similar to how Althena in SSSC needed Dyne's magic to complete the rebirth because something went wrong. Maybe she would have gone insane if he hadn't stepped up to the plate. ;) Kiz mentioned getting more dragon backstory in Genesis, so maybe we'll learn something new from that.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Alunissage wrote:Yeah, true. I'm just thinking that if Dyne had a baby black dragon, Ghaleon would know about it, and if having that baby dragon had anything to do with confining the full-grown one, then Ghaleon would know that the flying cats are indeed immature dragons and have eliminated Nall while getting Alex to "destroy the last means of becoming a dragonmaster."

Dyne confining the black dragon or Ghaleon confining Quark? If the latter, I doubt he cared much, since he was about to kill them anyway. If the former... yeah, that's definately a potential problem, unless Ghaleon wasn't around whenever black kitten took full form.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The former is what I meant, sorry for the ambiguity.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You know, we don't even really know where Nall came from. If I recall correctly, Dyne/Laike brought Luna and Nall at the same time, to Alex's parents. In Lunar Legend, there seems to be no mystery to Nall being a baby white dragon, because he refers to Quark as his grandfather. I really don't think it was in the sense that he was referring to Quark being old, because the kinship was definitely implied. Nall's origins weren't explained, but basically he was just there. The only known female dragon is the red dragon, so any of the other dragons could have mated with a female red. You don't need to have two whites in order to make another white. Just look at how cats give birth. The colors are completely random.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Silver Phoenix wrote:In Lunar Legend, there seems to be no mystery to Nall being a baby white dragon, because he refers to Quark as his grandfather. I really don't think it was in the sense that he was referring to Quark being old, because the kinship was definitely implied.

Right; he also refers to the Red Dragon as "aunt" and the blue dragon as "brother". (I can't find, offhand, what he called the Black Dragon.) However, the revealation that Nall was a white dragon in Legend seemed to surprise everyone:
ImageImageImage

The only known female dragon is the red dragon, so any of the other dragons could have mated with a female red. You don't need to have two whites in order to make another white. Just look at how cats give birth. The colors are completely random.

I should go look to see if Nall makes a statement about the Black Dragon anywhere. But in any case, yes, genetics allow for some amount of randomness, but aren't the colors of kittens some function of what genes their parents have? This came up for a bit in another thread, I speculated it might also be like gender (or some other genes of that variety): you may get two sets of genes, you're either one or the other, depending.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I suppose the characters are oblivious to the fact that Nall basically says he's related to every one of the dragons, but when Laike reveals it, it's just shocking.

One thing I did like about Lunar Legend, was the more detailed character models.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, that was the best part of Legend. Definitely the cutest sprites. SSSC's always seemed kind of blurry to me (and Mia's eyes would get bigger and smaller during her victory dance, which was kind of weird).

I'd wondered if using family-like terms to address strangers might be a Japanese language thing. I certainly saw it a lot in the old fairy tales I used to read when I was younger; people were always calling the strange old people they met in the forest "Granther" or "Mother", and of course referring to people they knew as Gaffer (or Gammer) So-and-so. I also thought that might be the case with Ronfar calling someone Grandpa in Zulan, and Lemina doing likewise in...Zaback, was it?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I only played SSSC once since I've had it. It just didn't enchant me over the original. I'll have to take a look at it to see Mia's funky eyeballs. You might be right as far as the family oriented terms being a Japanese thing. Although, it could also be like American slang when people refer to others as Gramps, or Chief, or Bro.