Lunar 3 idea Major Spoilers for 1 and 2

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Joshifer
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 3 idea Major Spoilers for 1 and 2

Post by Joshifer »

This was originally a reply to a topic but i liked the idea so much i thought it'd post it here

Lunar 3 to fill in the gap between 1 and 2. Maybe show how Nall gains human form and how he deals with Loosing Alex and co plus other Friends since he lived so long. Maybe even throw Alice and Phacia in there somewhere. then finally explain who Hiro is and where did him and Ruby come from. i mean its doable, nalls so Old. His story could be in Century Gaps. they could even have him hibernate for 800 years it still works.

OOO or Alex and Luna's Child is a Demi-God/Goddess and someone Hijacks their power.. so many possibilities. Or even their Child turns out Evil after learning of their power In a Ghaleon sort of way, Im not Evil but i wanna rule the world because i hate the way its ruled?..
I Dream of a better world. A World where Chickens can Cross Roads without having their motives questioned!.

Alan_Geitz
Lyton Singer

Harmony & Dragon Song's Story -> Leading up to Lunar 3? O.o!

Post by Alan_Geitz »

Considering this is a melting pot of ideas for a "Lunar 3" and how these little revelations contribute little anywhere else on the forum, I thought I would put it here.
In SSSC and Harmony, Myght mentions to Laike that Alex is almost a spitting image of himself when HE first came to him.
Now, consider the prologue battle with the Four Heroes and Eiphel. Aside from the gear, do you see a resemblance? I don't.
Something tells me that the tale of the Four Heroes may in fact be MUCH LARGER than any other story from ANY of the previous games.
Also, I do recall them mentioning how Althena was travelling alongside them.
Whether or not she was in a mortal state (like Lucia Collins in Genesis/Dragon Song) or whether she was in her Goddess form throughout most of this, I cannot say.
Considering the other Dragonmasters before him, it's unlikely that the Vile Tribe played much of a role during most of their adventures.
Unless, of course, Eiphel's background is ever revealed, but much of his methods and even his appearance seems to differ greatly from what we've seen in past games.
Speaking of which, has one ever considered WHAT the Vile Tribe did to deserve the wrath of Althena herself?! After a while, it dawned on me: Dragonmaster Ignatius, himself a member of the Vile Tribe, betrayed the Goddess. Considering everything a Dragonmaster is supposed to stand for, it actually makes sense (I never finished the game, but something tells me Ignatius wasn't fighting alone per se; remember those battles you fought throughout the game?).
Now, wrap your heads around THAT idea. :D
Almost makes me want to play that game again...Almost.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Harmony & Dragon Song's Story -> Leading up to Lunar 3? O.o!

Post by Kizyr »

Alan_Geitz wrote:Speaking of which, has one ever considered WHAT the Vile Tribe did to deserve the wrath of Althena herself?! After a while, it dawned on me: Dragonmaster Ignatius, himself a member of the Vile Tribe, betrayed the Goddess. Considering everything a Dragonmaster is supposed to stand for, it actually makes sense (I never finished the game, but something tells me Ignatius wasn't fighting alone per se; remember those battles you fought throughout the game?).
The books in Vane in TSS/SSS mention the Magic Empire of the Vile Tribe, and how it tried to conquer the world. That's what caused Althena to banish them to the Frontier--it was about 500 years before the events of TSS/SSS (and 200 years before the events of MSL). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Lunar 3 idea Major Spoilers for 1 and 2

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Dragon back story is something I would LOVE to see. How are new dragons created? Are they born physically or magically? What is the point of creating new dragons? Quark was old, so it makes sense that he would be replaced. The red dragon in EB wasn't old though. I've always wondered why Quark was older than the others too. Maybe the dragons ages are based on their magical energy. The more they use throughout their life, the older they get. Once they get close to empty, Althena replaces them. That still doesn't explain why Red wasn't old in EB......

I wanna know they details on how Nall handled his depression too.
Alan_Geitz wrote:In SSSC and Harmony, Myght mentions to Laike that Alex is almost a spitting image of himself when HE first came to him.
Now, consider the prologue battle with the Four Heroes and Eiphel. Aside from the gear, do you see a resemblance? I don't.
Something tells me that the tale of the Four Heroes may in fact be MUCH LARGER than any other story from ANY of the previous games.
Assuming the Vane manga is canon,  Ghaleon meets Dyne when he is a young boy and they begin traveling together. It isn't until a few years later that Lemia joins them, but I don't recall any mention of Mels joining. So we already know that the journey is several years long. What you mentioned does seem to make sense.

I like the idea of Alex and Lunas child. Did they even have kids? Would the kid have Goddess powers?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I, and I think others, have always been of the opinion that Luna and Alex did not have children. Otherwise it seems likely that Nall would have stayed with the family, rather than going off and exploring. And, of course, if such a child were unusual in any way there'd be some mention of it.

Dragons aren't born physically. They're the embodiment of magical power. We never see the previous Red Dragon in EB, only Ruby, so we don't know whether she was aged like Quark, etc.

Both of these are answered in the "30 Questions with Kei Shigema" from the Lunar I+II artbook:

18. Is the previous Red Dragon Ruby's parent? What happened to the
previous Red Dragon?

The Dragons aren't actually living things, but are instead, for lack of a
better word, the "crystallization" of Lunar's magic power. That is to say,
Ruby and the Red Dragon, Lunar I's Quark and Nall, are all part of the same
great power.
Individual will creates their physical forms, and the growth of their will
fuels the growth of their bodies.

19. After he was separated from Alex, did Nall live with anybody?

After Alex and Luna's lives as humans came to an end, Nall was very lonely.
He wandered all over Lunar, met many people, and got caught up in an
adventure that rivaled the war against Ghaleon, but he couldn't find anyone
to whom to he felt he could pass the Althena's Sword that Alex entrusted to
him. He probably eventually came to think that Alex was the last worthy
Dragonmaster.
Finally, depressed and alone, Nall remembered the ancient Grindery and
founded a "Kingdom Where Time Has Stopped" consisting only of children,
which took his mind off his sadness.

---

The rest of the questions also make it obvious that the details people seem to keep demanding just don't exist.

Regarding the NPC comments on Alex resembling Laike, it's clear from the art and context that the resemblance is not physical -- any suggestion otherwise is either misreading or mistranslation. In TSS Quark says that the last time he looked on eyes like Alex's, it was the shining face of Dyne he beheld. That's not referring to physical features, obviously. There's also a line about Alex's aura shining just like Dyne's did.

Joshifer
Meribian Merchant

Post by Joshifer »

[quote="Alunissage
19. After he was separated from Alex, did Nall live with anybody?

After Alex and Luna's lives as humans came to an end, Nall was very lonely.
He wandered all over Lunar, met many people, and got caught up in an
adventure that rivaled the war against Ghaleon, but he couldn't find anyone
to whom to he felt he could pass the Althena's Sword that Alex entrusted to
him. He probably eventually came to think that Alex was the last worthy
Dragonmaster.
Finally, depressed and alone, Nall remembered the ancient Grindery and
founded a "Kingdom Where Time Has Stopped" consisting only of children,
which took his mind off his sadness.

---

i still like the idea of Nalls story. they have alot to work with like that War mentioned. and how he searched for someone to give the sword to. how he learned to become a human and deal with his depression etc. it dosent even have to be the main story just something they can throw in there as a prologue. Look at me, Adding Kingdom hearts plots to Lunar lol Keyblade wars = Dragon Wars
I Dream of a better world. A World where Chickens can Cross Roads without having their motives questioned!.