Okay guys, we need to be proactive if we want Lunar 3....

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Okay guys, we need to be proactive if we want Lunar 3....

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I'm sure everyone here would FLIP if we could get GAMEARTS to make Lunar 3. Honestly though, it's not going to happen unless they see that the fans WANT it. What could we do? Sent a massive wave of emails to GAMEARTS? Come up with the biggest online petition EVER? Get a rep from Lunar-Net to speak to them personally on behalf of all of us? I want this thread to be a brainstorming session. Let's all put our heads together on this. I'm a firm believer that EVERYONE has the power to make a difference! Let's brainstorm!
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Hirox
Student of Vane

Re: Okay guys, we need to be proactive if we want Lunar 3....

Post by Hirox »

Bomb Threat?

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

LOL :lol: but isn’t games art no more who would make the game now :?

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Huh? Game Arts died? I thought only Working Designs died.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

No. They're still alive. It's just that Enix^2 bought a controlling share of it or something like that. Game Arts co-developed the new Smash Bros. game.

I don't believe that there's anything that we can do to cause a new Lunar to be released. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I've just seen too many failed online petitions, some of which were very creative.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Werefrog wrote:No. They're still alive. It's just that Enix^2 bought a controlling share of it or something like that. Game Arts co-developed the new Smash Bros. game.

I don't believe that there's anything that we can do to cause a new Lunar to be released. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I've just seen too many failed online petitions, some of which were very creative.
Just because there have been failures in the past doesn't mean we should give up. There are A LOT of us. We all want the same thing. Some of us have more connections and knowledge than others. Unfortunately I don't have any connections personally, but I'll surely do anything that I need to do to get this done! I know the Mods for this site have interviewed the big wigs of Lunar before, so I'm sure they have contact info. Also people like Sadrin an Ciaron23 have shown initiative by making projects of there own to spark interest in the world of Lunar again. Sadrin is making a remake of Lunar DS that takes out the crummy stuff that we ALL disliked. All of the screenshots look GREAT! And Ciaron23....well, he's making an unofficial Lunar 3! The story looks GOOD. The screenshots he posted look good too. If this stuff makes it's way back to GameArts then they might reconsider dropping the world of Lunar. My point is this, people here on the boards are TRYING. They're working really hard. I wish I was more computer saavy than what I am so I could contribute more, but I'll do what I can. I'm good with words (I'm a salesman at heart), so if anybody with connections to GameArts could get me through, maybe I could talk to them. I dunno, maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think we have enough people here doing the right things that we could make a difference. We just need to concentrate our efforts a little more and work together instead of doing individual stuff. Anyway, that's my piece. If any of you guys have some more ideas please let me know.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Hirox wrote:Bomb Threat?

The most realistic way to get this done that i can think of is STILL absurd. Befriend Bill Gates and get him playing the games and hope that he becomes a Lunar nut as well. :lol:

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

i think the first idea would work better then having Mr. money bags play it, or we could ask the people at Square soft to make it

and about the Game art thing sorry i thought i read some ware that the went under sorry

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

I'll pass on asking sqeeeenix to make it. I love Lunar and would love to see a third...but not by Square-enix.

I liked Enix cause of the Star Ocean series....but then square got involved and the story to 3 was alil gimp. 1+2 were good.

Id love a Lunar 3...but by people who have already worked with lunar....except dragon song >.>

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Im down to try whatever. I want Lunar 3 :(. I have this OLD playstation mag that said the mian game on the PS3 would be Lunar 3 LOL.It was like a year after the ps2 came out.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Get a rep from Lunar-Net to speak to them personally on behalf of all of us?
Keep in mind, GameArts already visits LunarNET occasionally. It's not like we have a ton of pull to be able to say "release Lunar 3". And honestly, what people said before about petitions is true. Online petitions don't really work. In fact, in the gaming community these days, they pretty much get you laughed at, because they just don't work. I think LunarNET is doing about all it has in it's power. That is, we update and keep the fanbase going. GameArts knows we exist. In all reality though, Lunar's fan base isn't a fraction of what larger series have. Sadly, that's the truth. We can always hope for another game, but it's a good chance that even if we get one, it'll be Lunar DS all over again. If you're really serious about it, keeping the fan base going, and trying to make sure it doesn't dwindle to nothing is the most helpful thing you can do.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Not to mention that a lot of us have been around the Lunar community for a very long while. Really, we're going to have a better idea of what could or couldn't stand a chance.

Petitions don't work. The first petition for Lunar 3 that I remember was in 1999.

As G1 said, pretty much the best thing to do is just continue to support the Lunar series. Although, if the next game is as lousy as Lunar DS... *ehem* Well, support the next Lunar game that comes out, if it's good. That, actually, does stand a chance of showing continued interest in the series. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

This thread is depressing.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:This thread is depressing.
But nothing is more liberating then the truth

Dose anyone know who has the gaming rights to Lunar :?

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

GhaleonOne wrote: Keep in mind, GameArts already visits LunarNET occasionally. It's not like we have a ton of pull to be able to say "release Lunar 3". And honestly, what people said before about petitions is true. Online petitions don't really work. In fact, in the gaming community these days, they pretty much get you laughed at, because they just don't work. I think LunarNET is doing about all it has in it's power. That is, we update and keep the fanbase going. GameArts knows we exist. In all reality though, Lunar's fan base isn't a fraction of what larger series have. Sadly, that's the truth. We can always hope for another game, but it's a good chance that even if we get one, it'll be Lunar DS all over again. If you're really serious about it, keeping the fan base going, and trying to make sure it doesn't dwindle to nothing is the most helpful thing you can do.
Kizyr wrote:Not to mention that a lot of us have been around the Lunar community for a very long while. Really, we're going to have a better idea of what could or couldn't stand a chance.

Petitions don't work. The first petition for Lunar 3 that I remember was in 1999.

As G1 said, pretty much the best thing to do is just continue to support the Lunar series. Although, if the next game is as lousy as Lunar DS... *ehem* Well, support the next Lunar game that comes out, if it's good. That, actually, does stand a chance of showing continued interest in the series. KF
Guys, thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear stuff from the mods. I do realize that you guys have been a part of this for A LOT longer than me. I wasn't trying to dismiss that at all. I didn't have very many ideas myself, so I really just wanted this thread to be a brainstorming session. I guess you guys gave the best solution...keep the fan base alive. Recently I've been talking about this series to fellow gamers that have never heard about it before. I also have a buddy that's a BIG Lunar fan, but he didn't know this site existed until I told him Saturday. Hopefully he'll join soon. Most of my friends are gamers and most of their friends are gamers too, so I guess I'll start there. Thanks for the help guys.

One more thing, you say GameArts still comes here? Do they still keep in contact with you guys? I'm just curious.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Let people borrow the game and possibly your system. That's how i make Lunar fans.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Let people borrow the game and possibly your system. That's how i make Lunar fans.
I think all of my friends have Playstations or PS2's, so that's not an issue. However, I think I may need to buy a used copy of SSSC and EBC to loan out because I have the special collector's edition of both. I got them when they were brand new, and I've kept them in mint condition. I'd hate for one of my friends to get careless and mess up the games, boxes, or extra struff. Good suggestion though.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There's only one version of EBC (although two disc art variants). You don't have "the special collector's edition", you have the only edition. And while there is a Fan Art Edition of SSSC that's different from the Collector's Edition, the CE is about 50 times more common than the FE.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Alunissage wrote:There's only one version of EBC (although two disc art variants). You don't have "the special collector's edition", you have the only edition. And while there is a Fan Art Edition of SSSC that's different from the Collector's Edition, the CE is about 50 times more common than the FE.
Is there not a "Greatest Hits" version? One without the collector's box and has the crappy green "Greatest Hits" label on the side? I thought almost every Playstation game had a greatest hits version once it gets old.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

AlexHiro4 wrote:
Alunissage wrote:There's only one version of EBC (although two disc art variants). You don't have "the special collector's edition", you have the only edition. And while there is a Fan Art Edition of SSSC that's different from the Collector's Edition, the CE is about 50 times more common than the FE.
Is there not a "Greatest Hits" version? One without the collector's box and has the crappy green "Greatest Hits" label on the side? I thought almost every Playstation game had a greatest hits version once it gets old.
Nope. Working Designs purposely stopped production of both PSX Lunar games so that they wouldn't sell enough copies to be eligible for the "Greatest Hits" label, and thus would never end up in bargain bins. The company line on this decision was that they felt the games were too good to leave them to such an undignified fate, though I've always strongly suspected that WD also didn't want spend the money on reproducing copies of this game to sell for a cheaper price. The law of diminishing returns, and all that. Plus now complete packages of Lunar games go for big bucks on e-bay and in used game shops and stuff, so Working Designs looks better for having published such a sought-after series, and their profile is raised a bit.