If there was a Lunar 3

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

do you want LUNAR 3 to be

ANIME
93%
CG
7%

Total votes: 15

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: If there was a Lunar 3

Post by lutomboy »

I saw a few pic’s I don’t think it belongs with the lunar games but it still looks good

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

I would love to get it but i'm savin for GH3
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

First, Lunar Knights had nothing to do with the Lunar games.

Second... sorry, but you guys are going a little bit overboard with the one-line posts. Please tone it down. Either make more substantive posts, or give a little time before responding (I mean, you don't have to stay logged in--it's a message board, not a chat room), or both. Thanks.

Check the rules under here:
http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12
(in particular, #4 and #5)

It outlines basically our policy on excessive one-liners. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I definitely prefer anime cut scenes over CG. Now, I like a bit of a combination between the two (like the way the PSX version of Lunar did), but if I had to choose just one of the two...it would be anime for me. I've grown up on anime. I love beautiful graphics, but good graphics don't necessarly make a good game. That same could be said about using anime in a game though. I do realize that, but let me give an example.

For example, the FF series is just getting worse with the stories (in my opinion) while their graphics are getting better. Maybe its a pattern, or maybe it means nothing. Square-Enix could totally prove me wrong in the future and pull something amazing on me.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Dark_Fairy wrote:I definitely prefer anime cut scenes over CG. Now, I like a bit of a combination between the two (like the way the PSX version of Lunar did), but if I had to choose just one of the two...it would be anime for me. I've grown up on anime. I love beautiful graphics, but good graphics don't necessarly make a good game. That same could be said about using anime in a game though. I do realize that, but let me give an example.

For example, the FF series is just getting worse with the stories (in my opinion) while their graphics are getting better. Maybe its a pattern, or maybe it means nothing. Square-Enix could totally prove me wrong in the future and pull something amazing on me.
I agree totally with this. Anime makes me feel more "at home". CG scenes are very impressive, but a lot of times they feel kind of...cold. You know what I mean? I associate anime with memorable characters and deep stories. I associate CG with....well....Final Fantasy 12. We all know how that game turned out :( . The only two games I've ever played that had CG and I felt still had a substantial story were Final Fantasy 9 and 10. Some of you may disagree with me about FF10 but I still liked it a lot (it was my first PS2 game).
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."