Good thing you all bought DSes: "Lunar Knights"

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Lupin the Third
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Good thing you all bought DSes: "Lunar Knights"

Post by Lupin the Third »

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/5/3-22

Coming Nov. 2006. Dunno if that's to the US or Japan, but there you have it.
Last edited by Lupin the Third on Fri May 05, 2006 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now that you've all got a DS for Lunar, buy "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney," please!

(I want to see the sequels translated!)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

!!! Wow, someone actually posts something substantial in this forum. :P But seriously, this is completely unexpected. I'll check into it more. Thanks for the link man.
-G1

Felth
Burg Farmer

Post by Felth »

Hmm, in the link, it's indicated that the game is titled "Lunar Knights" and will be published by Konami. That's not a good sign if we hope for another entry in the actual Lunar series, I think.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

They updated the news story since last night. Last night it was called Lunar Nights (not Knights) and no mention of Konami. They had reported it to be from the same series as our Lunar. Sucky. =(
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Meh, I hate to be a mood-killer, but it really couldn't be a new Lunar game.

I'm trying to find some info from Japanese sites on this, too, but nothing's coming up Lunar-related. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

If this is indeed true, I think this is a big mistake. If Lunar is really going to make a come back, it has to be on a console, not handheld. My belief in this has not changed.

Also, so what if it's Konami? Konimi just did Suikoden V. They've restored my faith in them.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Is Konami more akin to Game Arts, which creates the Lunar series, or Working Designs, which used to publish Lunar games?

(And a sidenote, even if this turns out NOT to be a game in the Lunar game, it might actually be a good idea for the series to keep up the speculation until we know for sure... it puts out a message that yes, we are still interested in the series, even though DS blew.)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sorry mates, but it's not a game in our Lunar series. It certainly would have been possible, but this ain't it.
-G1

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

Hello this my 1st post I read about the game and wanted tell you it isnt the Next Lunar game
Its the Next Boktai game with new adds to the Sun and Moon from the 2ed game

I hate my 1st post to pop anyones hopes sorry :cry:

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Aw, bummer! I was hoping for a new one; sucks for me cuz I dun have a DS though. Oh, well...looks like I better find some way to tide me over til Ar tonelico comes out. :P

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

Didnt anyone see and the Movies from the E3 of it?
I belive it even show it on G4's take of E3

Xenthorious
Saith Pirate

Post by Xenthorious »

Roas Atrades wrote:If this is indeed true, I think this is a big mistake. If Lunar is really going to make a come back, it has to be on a console, not handheld. My belief in this has not changed.

Also, so what if it's Konami? Konimi just did Suikoden V. They've restored my faith in them.

Hmmmmmmm… This might be really interesting. But at the same time, this subject is also very scary. Let me help create a vivid portrait of my thoughts in words. You find a new Lunar game. It is very much like the Y’s that Konami released. Game play rocks, music is good, and you see them still foreground Japanese animated characters displayed on the interface: Great! But you hit a CGI and guess what! It’s NOT IN JAPANESE ANIMATION! Konami has only “1” (UNO, ICHI) game that has Japanese animation worth looking at: Suikoden 3. And guess what! As great as it was, throughout the entire game, if I’m not mistaken, it was only a 4 minute CGI! Placing the lunar game in a 3D environment is okay as long as the 3D environment is part of the game play and only the game play. However, IMO, if you pervert the game’s CGI into a 3D environment, it is just not going to be the same. As expressed by GameArts, Lunar was designed in a very unusual theme that depicted a happy environment. It’s like a Japanese version of a Walt Disney cartoon! God, let me just cut to the chase… Here’s what I mean in a really strong content: The only people that I have seen been able to create a facial expression of remorse or sadness in a women based 3D character is Square Enix. Now your question should be, “what do I mean by facial expression?” Well, take the part when Lucia was about to travel back to the Blue Star, right before Hiro started bashing his shoulder into the invisible wall (shield). Look closely at her eyes. Look at the tears develop after the shape of the eyes change. Let’s use another example. Look at the final CGI in Lunar 2 where Lucia awakens a 2nd time in the crystal and begins to focus. Look VERY closely at here eyes (pupils) as she takes notice of the pendent in front of her. Look at how her head tilts and how her smile smoothly moves into the image. I have yet to see 1 3D model bang this into perfection. Final Fantasy 8 and 10 have come close but are in no way the same. Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children was good but no real remorseful facial expressions were seen in the game to compare to. If Lunar goes completely 3D, there is a strong possibility that you can say good bye to those trade mark facial expressions. At the same time, the color’s used in Lunar create a very vivid image of which can be greatly appreciated. In 3D, Lunar is going to go from vivid, to seriously serious. It’s going to become another Final Fantasy game. (I love FF series, but I love Lunar because it’s different and I like its difference).

BTW, I am aware that some 3D was used in developing the Lunar series. However, if you pay close attention, the use of the 3D rending brought the foreground imaging (the characters) into a very strong focus. This allowed the facial expressions on the characters to be even more dramatic. This is very different from making the character itself 3D. To be quite frank, I would feel much better if Lunar was developed by either Bandai or Square Enix. They have both proven very competent in developing Japanese Animation based games, and have the 3D rending mussels to backup what would be needed in the backgrounds of any Lunar game.

NEways, that’s my 2 cents.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

...you do realize that all of that is obsolete since it was confirmed that this is not actually a Lunar game at all, right? If you want to bash Konami's localization of Ys VI (why do people keep putting an apostrophe in it?) then do so in the General Gaming forum.

Xenthorious
Saith Pirate

Post by Xenthorious »

First of all, I didn't write the quotes, I only responded to it. Secondly, I never bashed Y's, regardless of who it was developed by. I honestly believe that Konami did a good job on in the game. As for Konami bashing, there’s a big difference between bashing and writing a comparison and contrast SA to support you opinion. Yeh, I don’t have citations in the topic, but given that you, as like all of us, are really knowledgeable in this area, I didn’t think you would need it since most of it would be common knowledge to you all.

Now, in regards to the topic of the thread; yes, maybe it bends a bit off topic. But that’s really a matter of opinion, and what I want to know is why bring it up now, when I already responded to a topic that was already within this category of yours.

Listen, I’m not trying to make enemies. I’m merely voicing my opinion, which is really what this forum, as in any forum, is all about. Also, to answer your question about the apostrophe: professional apostrophes don’t start until they are backed up with strong opinions from a majority of the audience. And you can’t have an audience until you have a common ground in regards to there opinion. And where can you discuss opinions? Oh, right here! :P

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Xenthorious wrote:
Now, in regards to the topic of the thread; yes, maybe it bends a bit off topic. But that’s really a matter of opinion, and what I want to know is why bring it up now, when I already responded to a topic that was already within this category of yours.

Her point was that it's off topic because this isn't a new Lunar game. You're a few weeks too late on this topic.

Xenthorious
Saith Pirate

Post by Xenthorious »

Werefrog wrote:
Xenthorious wrote:

Her point was that it's off topic because this isn't a new Lunar game. You're a few weeks too late on this topic.

Ahh! Thank you for clerifying that. Sorry Alunissage.