Guys There GAMEARTS is no MORE!

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Sakkkim
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Guys There GAMEARTS is no MORE!

Post by Sakkkim »

GameArts is no MORE! No news about the company or their PROJECTS!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

We've known for a while now. Thanks.

Sakkkim
BANNED

Post by Sakkkim »

You have known now?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Werefrog was making a reference to a gameing company aquiring GameArts. Wasn't it SquarEnix? Can't remember, as I try not to bother myself with news that might dash my hopes of another Lunar.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

phyco126 wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Werefrog was making a reference to a gameing company aquiring GameArts. Wasn't it SquarEnix? Can't remember, as I try not to bother myself with news that might dash my hopes of another Lunar.

The company is GungHo.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

SquareEnix had a stake (like 20-30 something percent) in GameArts. GungHo bought a majority stake in GameArts. That doesn't mean GameArts doesn't exist...

Buying a majority stake in a company just means you control it for the most part, not that it ceases to exist.
-G1

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

When and why was Sakkim banned? I don't remember that.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Just today or last night because he's been spamming the boards like crazy.

Xenthorious
Saith Pirate

Post by Xenthorious »

GhaleonOne wrote:SquareEnix had a stake (like 20-30 something percent) in GameArts. GungHo bought a majority stake in GameArts. That doesn't mean GameArts doesn't exist...

Buying a majority stake in a company just means you control it for the most part, not that it ceases to exist.

How did Squaresoft come out with the name Enix? Enix != GameArts, at least from a grammatical standpoint.

Also, why am I reading rumors in regards to Konami developing Lunar 3, if Konami is not one of the partial owners of GameArts?

I learned about GameArts' unfortunate end only a few months ago, so I'm really behind on the information circle around its marketing and development continuation.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Xenthorious wrote:How did Squaresoft come out with the name Enix? Enix != GameArts, at least from a grammatical standpoint.

There was a company named Enix that made the Dragon Warrior/Quest and other RPGs. They merged with Square becoming Square Enix.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Xenthorious wrote:I learned about GameArts' unfortunate end only a few months ago, so I'm really behind on the information circle around its marketing and development continuation.

I don't know why you're being so hard-headed about this. Game Arts is still around, and still developing new projects.

Where the hell do you get your information from? The only guy here who's been saying that only came by to spam the boards. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Besides, you said they where rumors. Rumors are just that, rumors. Often fabricated lies down for humor or to get your name in spotlights. If not fabricated intentionally, then they often come about via circle of false truths (John looked at Sarah, but Rachel told Julie that John winked at Sarah, Julie tells Lucy that John and Sarah hugged, Lucy tells Joanne that John and Sarah made out, Joanne tells Bob that John and Sarah are doing the deed, and finally the word gets around to John and Sarah that Sarah is carrying satans child and John saved the Earth from alien invaders of doom.)

Hey, sometimes rumors have some truth to them, sometimes they have alot of truth, but I'm gonna have to say that it's more likely that rumors are mostly wrong, most of the time.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The Konami developing a new Lunar turned out to be false. It was posted by GamingAge.

http://www.lunar-net.com/news.php?id=82
-G1

Xenthorious
Saith Pirate

Post by Xenthorious »

Kizyr wrote:
Xenthorious wrote:I learned about GameArts' unfortunate end only a few months ago, so I'm really behind on the information circle around its marketing and development continuation.

I don't know why you're being so hard-headed about this. Game Arts is still around, and still developing new projects.

Where the hell do you get your information from? The only guy here who's been saying that only came by to spam the boards. KF

Well, the word rumor was used by me, but in all actuality, it’s more then just a rumor. I don’t recall if it was from gamespy, gamespot or IGN, but I read a report from two sources from legit URLs stating the status of GameArts and an attached quote from their CEO acknowledging their layoff of all staff and closure. I found this when I was trying to figure out why the GameArts URL was not working. I then saw several URLs referring to the URL closing down due to the company closing down. After this, I read further documentation in forums such like this, backing up my own undesired suspicion about the company. However, I just did some more surfing and found GameArts website and some recently released games. I’m very glad that I’m wrong about all this, but you guys all now know why I thought they were closed down.

http://www.gamearts.co.jp/

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, that's strange, because http://www.gamearts.co.jp has been around for years. I check from time to time, and have never had problems getting to it. They used to have another address WAY back in the day (like, late 90s) that stopped working at some point. Perhaps that had something to do with it. It's also certainly possible they laid some folks off, but I dunno about that even, as they've actually put up hiring notices over the past few years on their website.

They're definately still around though. Just, under GungHo's majority stake.
-G1

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

So, back to the original question here: Is GameArts still in business, whether merged with another company or otherwise!?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Mergers and acquisitions don't mean that a company went out of business. It just means that the ownership changed hands. At worst, maybe two companies will combine their names or something.

GameArts is still around. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Odin48
Burg Farmer

Post by Odin48 »

While GameArts isn't out of business, it now has new leadership so that doesn't assure us they'll continue development of Lunar 3 as much as this sucks its a possibility, then again It also means they could decide to make Lunar3 there flagship game and speed production up, its highly unlikely but fun to think about :P

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Last I heard didn't Square-Enix (originally just Enix) purchase 20% of their stocks? Would make sense since Grandia Xtreme was published by Enix, and Grandia III was published by Square-Enix...
-Nobi

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

They did, but GungHo bought that stock from Square-Enix. At least to my knowledge that was the case. I'm sure they still have a working relationship with Square-Enix, and anything that comes over here might be published by them here. GungHo went and bought the majority stock though, and Grandia Online has been a working title for their latest project for some time (even if nothing seems to have been said about it for months now).
-G1