Keep waiting, it will come...

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Reaper
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Keep waiting, it will come...

Post by Reaper »

You might think that I am a complete idiot for saying this, but... I am going to college then I will become one of the best game designers ever. I can't draw to save my life, don't get me wrong either it will take time, but I will wait. The first game I plan (or would like to) bring out is going to be Lunar 3: Eternal Black. I have busted out hundreds of pages of storyline so far and I plan to keep going, with school though my time is limited :cry: . So you can think what you want of me, but I will create the next Lunar, just need some artistic support...
The end will come to death
but death will never end

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

in my opinion Gamearts/Gung ho, would be real idiots if they didn't have something Lunar 3 in the works already, but who knows you may beat them to it. but I think you need to work on the title some

Master Lunn
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Master Lunn »

More power to ya man . . . Im goin to college for 2D and 3D animation for degree in game design as well. Maybe we might end up workin together. . .

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I admire your determination, but I don't see how you'd be able to obtain the Lunar license.

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Post by Reaper »

Well at least no one thinks that I'm an idiot yet. But I have been worried that someone will beat me to it, but I honestly don't think they will. Then as for the license, I will worry about that when I hit it, but my work will speak for itself. Lastly, I have spent forever trying to choose a name! I want to follow the tradition of using a color in a short title, but nothing is coming!
but death will never end

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Eternal Black?

...I hope that's not the final version of the name you have in mind.

Lastly, I don't want to discourage you, but "my work will speak for itself" for obtaining the Lunar license won't fly unless you're internationally famous. An RPG, sure--a great RPG, likely--but going after a specific license gives you about an equal chance of a fanfic becoming a bestselling novel. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

I believe chasing after a license so you can make the game is at least hard...

But you can try to sell the story for Game Arts and make a contract with them. This way, if you suceed, you're gonna be working with one of the greatest of the game companies.

Just imagine having Game Arts at the experience part of your curriculum, besides, you would learn A LOT!

Just a thought, i don't know if someone can actually make a deal with a mega-company for that kinda work, but you can send some emails and stuff...

:wink: About the title... we alreay had 2 games named Eternal. I guess another eternal would sound a little repetitive. :lol: i still remember the joke on the Working Designs site: Solar - The Yellow Star Story :lol:

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Keep waiting, it will come...

Post by Zophar »

Reaper wrote:You might think that I am a complete idiot for saying this, but... I am going to college then I will become one of the best game designers ever. I can't draw to save my life, don't get me wrong either it will take time, but I will wait. The first game I plan (or would like to) bring out is going to be Lunar 3: Eternal Black. I have busted out hundreds of pages of storyline so far and I plan to keep going, with school though my time is limited :cry: . So you can think what you want of me, but I will create the next Lunar, just need some artistic support...

I hate to be negative but...

1. Okay you got determination, I'll give you that. But you won't be able to become the best game designer by just saying that. To achieve something like that you will need to work unbelieveably hard and the chances of acheiving that are unlikely. It's safe to say that the odds are always going to be severely against you.

2. How are you going to get the Lunar license?

3. What kind of name is Etenal Black? Come up with something more creative man.

4. The difficulty of making an original Lunar game/movie/fan fic is insane. Fans are only going to like if it is exactly like the old lunars, otherwise in the worst case scenario it could end up being labeled trash, like Dragon Song.
Last edited by Zophar on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Master Lunn
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Master Lunn »

Well he never said he wasnt gonna work hard . . . But i must agree with everyone else about the license . . .

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Post by Reaper »

Not to confident huh? Well I suppose you can't be for someone who is just punching messages on to a board. But I am willing to work non-stop to achieve my goal, I've done that my whole life as it is. Then about the license, I plan on joining with the origional company to make it easy. Then for the last bit, it is very original, non of those garbage remakes everyone comes up with for some extra cash.
but death will never end

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

Hey calm down!! Noone is taking your work for little!

We all want a new Lunar game as badly as everyone else... and if i had the knowledge or the capacity of making games i would try that too. But unfortunatly im only 17, i live in brazil and today was my first day at college... i may learn how to program something but it will take a few years... :(

So, we all support you, no matter how negative the posts sound.
This from someone who can only show support, writing on a board...

And for the
garbage remakes everyone comes up with for some extra cash
that was not true! The remakes were thousand times better than the new original story games. (Won't say which one :lol: )
[/quote]

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Reaper wrote:Not to confident huh? Well I suppose you can't be for someone who is just punching messages on to a board. But I am willing to work non-stop to achieve my goal, I've done that my whole life as it is. Then about the license, I plan on joining with the origional company to make it easy. Then for the last bit, it is very original, non of those garbage remakes everyone comes up with for some extra cash.

Again, I hate to be a downer, but working for a Japanese company within Japan is nigh-impossible for a foreigner. That's just the way things are. Unless you're affiliated with a foreign company and doing specific work in the US under a contract, don't count on it. Since Game Arts is the original creator of the games, and they're Japan-based, don't count on getting contracted. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The bigger problem with the liscense isn't just proving you can do something sweet. At least from my understanding, Lunar is owned by far more than just GameArts. Lots of people who had a hand in it at various times throughout the different games have some part of liscensing control. I believe Victor Ireland originally said they had to get approval from many different groups to even do various merchandise. It's been a while though, as this was said around either Lunar: SSSC's or EBC's release.

However, having a goal of owning your own game company is certainly possible. CEGhaleon over at the WDMB pulled it off with flying colors with NeoPong.
http://www.neopong.com/
-G1

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I'm all for you, man. You may have to start your own franchise similar to Lunar, though. Don't forget you have the backing of many, many Lunar fans. 8)
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Good for you. :P I like your determination, but you need to work on the name. :roll: I would like to see a black baby dragon. 8) He would have little horns and shoot lightning from them. :lol:
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

At least your're dreaming about something that others only whine about happening. Though the odds are horribly stacked against your favour if you keep up that attitude and build up one hell of a rep you may just be able to pull it off.
I'll be rooting for you, just don't make it like DS, PLEASE.

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

After all, who would be better to write a new Lunar game if not a Lunar fan?

That's the spirit!!

"Justice lies with us. In the face of impossible odds we can secure a victory if we strife for it! Remember, we wield the power of humanity. With that, anything becomes possible!" White Knight Leo

Master Lunn
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Master Lunn »

uhhh . . . Game Arts maybe :lol:

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Reaper wrote:Not to confident huh? Well I suppose you can't be for someone who is just punching messages on to a board. But I am willing to work non-stop to achieve my goal, I've done that my whole life as it is. Then about the license, I plan on joining with the origional company to make it easy. Then for the last bit, it is very original, none of those garbage remakes everyone comes up with for some extra cash.

Well I can relate to having the will to work non-stop on a goal (Me for example, my goal is to complete my flash movie series Lunar: Eternal Sapphire). Kizyr does have a point about Japan not letting a foreigner work in thier company though.

You call Eternal Black original? That's the same abbreivation as Eternal Blue. What on earth is wrong with you? The remakes of Lunar Silver Star and Eternal Blue were really good, not garbage. Don't take it out on the series that you supposedly want to make a real sequel to. At this point I am going to have to be blunt with you: It's not possible.

Plus, with programs like RPG Maker out there you could make an unofficial lunar sequel. There are other programs as well, it just depends on what you want Lunar 3 to be (game, movie, etc).

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Zophar wrote: You call Eternal Black original? That's the same abbreivation as Eternal Blue. What on earth is wrong with you? The remakes of Lunar Silver Star and Eternal Blue were really good, not garbage. Don't take it out on the series that you supposedly want to make a real sequel to. At this point I am going to have to be blunt with you: It's not possible.

Well, just to be perfectly honest Eternal Sapphire has one word in common with the title of EB. On top of that, sapphire is a type of blue (or a blue gem). So the argument can be made that his title is actually more original because it uses a different color.

Personally, I think you both need to consider a title change.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's not calling the Lunar remakes garbage. Just remakes in general. I can see how you would make the mistake since the sentence is kinda hazy.