Search found 4862 matches

by Kizyr
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:44 pm
Forum: General Gaming
Topic: What Are You Currently Playing?
Replies: 1221
Views: 986773

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

I'm finally getting to play the FF7 Remake (PS4). The main thing I don't like is that so much of it, still even after 40+ hours in, seems needlessly complex. It took a long time to get comfortable with the action RPG fighting system and still sometimes I find myself button mashing because I can't fi...
by Kizyr
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:33 pm
Forum: Lunar: Eternal Blue (Complete)
Topic: Saturn vs. PlayStation
Replies: 21
Views: 16736

Re: Saturn vs. PlayStation

I don't have much to add but, wow, that is a lot of fascinating context! It explains a lot, some of what I suspected, but much more that I just didn't know about. One missing piece that stands out, especially one that back as a kid in 1996 I had no way of really understanding, is how much of this wa...
by Kizyr
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:25 pm
Forum: Almost Anything Goes Board
Topic: Crypto currency
Replies: 11
Views: 1637

Re: Crypto currency

Yeah cryptocurrency/NFTs are becoming something, but it's a later stage in pyramid schemes of this scale -- you need increasing numbers of people to buy in to maintain the "base" of the pyramid. So that's why in the last 6 months we've seen way more advertising, and in the next year you'll...
by Kizyr
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:14 pm
Forum: The Arts
Topic: Ghaleon Cosplay
Replies: 51
Views: 79288

Re: Ghaleon Cosplay

As always these are awesome!
by Kizyr
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:14 pm
Forum: Almost Anything Goes Board
Topic: This Christmas: The Wham! Challenge
Replies: 65
Views: 83440

Re: This Christmas: The Wham! Challenge

I lost this year because Jenner literally Wham!med me in the kitchen... Low blow, but I mean it's not against the rules technically, just there used to be a gentlemen's agreement that it was something that wasn't done. And, now that we're in pandemic times and not going out so much, there's no need ...
by Kizyr
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Forum: General Lunar Discussion
Topic: Lunar 3: Silver Legacy
Replies: 15
Views: 1825

Re: Lunar 3: Silver Legacy

Oh my question was more directed at the OP. To your point ShugoHanasaki -- anything that's widely regarded as Lunar 3 will have to be canon, and really will have to be produced by some game studio that has the IP (ideally also one that involves people like Shigema and Kubooka plus others who used to...
by Kizyr
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:22 am
Forum: Almost Anything Goes Board
Topic: Crypto currency
Replies: 11
Views: 1637

Re: Crypto currency

Hey first, this article that's gotten shared a bit actually goes into the same things I was talking about earlier, though to much greater depth. It does use a lot of concepts in finance/money-and-banking and software, but it is accurate if you want to go way more in-depth: https://www.stephendiehl.c...
by Kizyr
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:06 am
Forum: Lunar 3 & Rumors
Topic: Lunar 3 Finally News...
Replies: 24
Views: 17390

Re: Lunar 3 Finally News...

The only real chance I see of a fan-made game is a "spiritual successor". An independent game, without using any of the IP of Lunar but still intended to be in its world or one very much like it. It'd have to be set far enough away (presumably we're talking like 1000 years in the future) f...
by Kizyr
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:00 am
Forum: Lunar: The Silver Star
Topic: Douga Sketches Used in the Manuals
Replies: 8
Views: 1785

Re: Douga Sketches Used in the Manuals

These are incredible! Thank you for sharing!

Guessing that the numbers/letters are color references?

Also interesting that the stripes on Jessica's face are referred to as like wounds/scars (キズ, though using kana so likely this is just a shorthand and not meant literally).
by Kizyr
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:56 am
Forum: The Arts
Topic: Recolor
Replies: 3
Views: 480

Re: Recolor

Ok I did not expect to find this as cute and endearing as I did!

I forgot how much I was used to those original colors after being around the remakes for so long.
by Kizyr
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:56 am
Forum: General Lunar Discussion
Topic: More Emotional Than Lunar's Boat Song
Replies: 5
Views: 909

Re: More Emotional Than Lunar's Boat Song

Bwah hah, that is awesome. This is another reason I seem to keep getting along with wrestling fans XD
by Kizyr
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:55 am
Forum: General Lunar Discussion
Topic: Lunar 3: Silver Legacy
Replies: 15
Views: 1825

Re: Lunar 3: Silver Legacy

I'm gonna say something that might sound harsh, but I'm asking to take me in good faith on this. Main question: why is it important to you for this to be part of Lunar "canon"? And what does that even mean? Where I'm going with this is that it's probably going to be more fulfilling to make...
by Kizyr
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:48 am
Forum: The Arts
Topic: Goddess statue pixel
Replies: 4
Views: 1160

Re: Goddess statue pixel

Just wanted to say that this looks good! It looks like it was more complex than just reducing the color depth, like you rearranged somewhat to make the image more coherent?
by Kizyr
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:52 pm
Forum: Almost Anything Goes Board
Topic: Crypto currency
Replies: 11
Views: 1637

Re: Crypto currency

Short answer: don't buy, it's entirely a grift. I'll lay out the basic reasons to explain why it's a grift, since there's a lot of media/propaganda meant to get more people to buy into crypto since that's how the people already in the game make money off of newcomers (much like pyramid, multilevel m...
by Kizyr
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:21 pm
Forum: General Lunar Discussion
Topic: More Emotional Than Lunar's Boat Song
Replies: 5
Views: 909

Re: More Emotional Than Lunar's Boat Song

This is real? Like not photoshopped or anything?

I'm just so unused to anything Lunar cropping up outside of specific niche spaces so... yeah. I'm not a wrestling fan (though like, friends with many wrestling fans) but this is pretty awesome XD
by Kizyr
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:18 pm
Forum: Lunar 3 & Rumors
Topic: Lunar 3 Finally News...
Replies: 24
Views: 17390

Re: Lunar 3 Finally News...

Devil's wager: would you be up for a new Lunar game if there was a 90% chance it was bad, only a 10% chance it was good? Like, is the risk of another terrible game worth it? I actually think that's about where we are, based on the very forgettable content added to Silver Star Harmony and how bad Dra...
by Kizyr
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:10 pm
Forum: General Lunar Discussion
Topic: Been ages and ages!
Replies: 10
Views: 4236

Re: Been ages and ages!

My own "challenge" is usually doing what I can to go through evenly -- no level grinding, but no avoiding battles or underlevel challenges (which is impressive in its own right but not quite my thing). Bigger than that is just completionism -- I don't like to leave any area unexplored or e...
by Kizyr
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:59 am
Forum: Lunar: The Silver Star
Topic: New Glitch - Kyle weapon swap glitch discovered
Replies: 1
Views: 2098

Re: New Glitch - Kyle weapon swap glitch discovered

Ok this is really neat!

27 years later new bugs (no no, new features) still get discovered XD
by Kizyr
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:56 am
Forum: General Gaming
Topic: What Are You Currently Playing?
Replies: 1221
Views: 986773

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

I'm deep into Horizon: Zero Dawn. It is tickling that exploration whimsy, as well as rewarding strategic uses of existing resources. I've also been gripped by the narrative more than I expected. I'm over halfway through, and I'm aiming to wrap it up in time to switch to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Rig...
by Kizyr
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:52 am
Forum: Lunar 3 & Rumors
Topic: Lunar 3 Finally News...
Replies: 24
Views: 17390

Re: Lunar 3 Finally News...

I mean even just providing input for Lunar Dragon Song, I can say I totally missed the mark on what would make the game actually enjoyable to play Hope you don't mind my asking, but what did you suggest, and if you had to go back and do it, what would you suggest differently? It's been a while so I...