old lunars on DS

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Hiro-67
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

old lunars on DS

Post by Hiro-67 »

come on, how cool would it be to have the old adventures on the DS? its not like it would be hard to do for the devolpers, and die-hard fans would eat it up and mabye attract some new costumers considering that no one looks at ps1 games anymore so it would be kinda hard to be exposed to the good lunar games...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, we desperately need more people making Lunar costumes.

Oh, maybe you meant customers.

It would be neat, of course, but please don't make thread titles that imply something more than a "Wouldn't it be cool if..." kind of topic. Otherwise it looks like you actually have news of something real rather than just airing some wishful thinking.

Besides, it's the SegaCD Lunars that need the attention more, not the PS ones.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I would be very disappointed in Game Arts if they went this route. These games, especially Lunar 1, have been remade enough already. I want to see more new games.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: old lunars on DS

Post by DevNall »

Technically, this might be possible; if you remove the audio, Lunar 1 for the Sega CD will fit on a GBA cart and Lunar 2 will fit on a DS cart, both with room to spare. (Not applicable to PSX games, sorry.)

The video hardware of the GBA beats that of the SegaCD although the GBA resolution is lower (240x160 vs 256x224), the GBA audio hardware supports fewer channels (although you can mix in-software), and finally the SegaCD and the Genesis used two processors in-tandem.

Maybe all that space isn't necessary, but a direct port would look weird (each DS screen is 256x192). However, given that they all redid the game for the GBA when they could have reused all the SegaCD graphics (easy to convert!), I'm not expecting to see this.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I think he means ports, guitar, not remakes.

I personally have been wishing I had them on portable myself because then I'd actually have time to play them. I spend so little time at home during the week that it's not funny, whereas I spend two hours on public transport every day.

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

I would love to see them be ported to the gba or DS, or at least a Lunar EB port or remake for a portable.

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

yeah, at least lunar 2 would be nice, cuz thery already did legends in all

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I'd still much rather have some kind of Lunar Collection on the PS2. Nothing remade or updated, just one big collection of ports. It'd be heaven to have both originals, both remakes, as well as Magic School finally translated all in one set on my PS2.

*keeps dreaming*
- Mike

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

While we're at it, we can throw in a DS remake with an EBC battle system and actual voice acting and animation.

*keeps dreaming*
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

I'm happy with one Lunar game on the DS, what needs to be done is the next Lunar game needs to be on a larger game platform to give Lunar it's proper dues. Although the DS is great its still a portable system and you can't get good voiceovers or cut scenes on it wery well. With luck we may see a new Lunar game on the Revolution, Nintendo has hinted at this idea.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

With luck we may see a new Lunar game on the Revolution, Nintendo has hinted at this idea.

Er, where? Just curious. I've heard nothing about this.
-G1

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

It was in the Nintendo Power issue that they had the big section on Lunar DS. Towards the end of the section they said they were very happy to bring a new Lunar game out for the fans of the series and that based on the sales and reactions of Lunar DS they would be considering on continueing the series. Unfortunately from what i've been hearing and seeing things are not looking especially good right now. I'm still hoping though.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

That was a general statement as far as continuing the series, and not a platform specific comment. The only other Lunar games that need to be re-issued are the original two. Obviously we want the series continued on a console, because I just don't care for the hand held games. I want Lunar in full view, and complete cinematics.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Angelalex242 wrote:While we're at it, we can throw in a DS remake with an EBC battle system and actual voice acting and animation.

*keeps dreaming*

I'll dream with you. I WANT Lunar: DS to be remade...it left a bad taste in my mouth, it just needs more flavor. I don't like it that DS was so lackluster in comparison to the others.

I would not mind at all if we got a Lunar 2 portable game though. I would love that.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It was in the Nintendo Power issue that they had the big section on Lunar DS.

What SP said. I was referring to your Revolution comments. As far as I know, no platform has been announced for any other game, though generally speaking, the Four Heroes game was likely to be Nintendo DS again.
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I certainly hope not.

Dyne's quest may...lose some scope, if it were also on a portable system. He deserves a console platform.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I wouldn't blame the portable platform for the lack of FMVs, scope, etc. Look at Castlevania's intro. It's got really pretty cinematics. I'd have given anything to have those in DS, and they could have had them if they'd put more time into it. Likewise, targeting could have been implemented, minimal voices (i.e. in-battle cries, nothing too fancy, maybe a few FMV things) could have been added, etc. Four Heroes wouldn't have to be lacking on a portable console, but it's true that companies tend to spend less time on portable games.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

i would rather it be portable though, but mabye, just mabye to make the game as long and intersting as console lunars, make it like 2 DS cartidges. of course this would cost more, but hey id be willing to pay for mor content in the game...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I want it either on the PSOne, 2, or PSP. No, I'm not a Sony fan boy, I just hate the others >=)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

A direct port of the original two would help expose the series to younger gamers who weren't around when it first came out. I remember my little brother and his cousin going crazy over Super Mario Advance since they weren't born when Super Mario Bros. 2 came out. Looking at the GBA's library, there are tons of classic games that were re-released, or remade for it, and a whole new generation of gamers discovered games like Breath of Fire, Super Mario World, Doom, Street Fighter 2, and various NES classics. (Castlevania!)

There's a lot of people here that had Lunar Legend as their first (and for some their only) Lunar game. By re-distributing these games, and expanding the fan base, the Lunar series can finally get the attention it deserves. The bigger the fanbase, the more likely a new title will be a success, and the more likely it will be released.