Compiling music and movie data

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Compiling music and movie data

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Hey all! My data gathering is kicking into high gear! Now I'm gathering complete data on the music and movie clips in each game. Any help from here, or LUNARHOPE data any of you archived, is greatly appreciated.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Compiling music and movie data

Post by Kizyr »

Lunarhope, or LunarEB? I know LunarEB had a bunch of the movies available back when it was around.

Was there something specific from Lunarhope you had in mind? I don't recall any videos from there. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Kizyr wrote:Lunarhope, or LunarEB? I know LunarEB had a bunch of the movies available back when it was around.

Was there something specific from Lunarhope you had in mind? I don't recall any videos from there. KF
Specifically, the Japanese names of any movies shown in the games, as well as the Japanese names of all the music tracks.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ahh. That makes sense.

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of stuff archived, I'm afraid... You could try to contact Nekomata or something, perhaps (I thought I had his email saved, but apparently not). There's also the Japanese movie names in the Remeberizer(s) from SSS and EBC (Japanese versions, of course).

Alun, you wouldn't happen to have any of this stuff all transcribed, would you? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Kizyr wrote:Ahh. That makes sense.

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of stuff archived, I'm afraid... You could try to contact Nekomata or something, perhaps (I thought I had his email saved, but apparently not). There's also the Japanese movie names in the Remeberizer(s) from SSS and EBC (Japanese versions, of course).

Alun, you wouldn't happen to have any of this stuff all transcribed, would you? KF
In bold, that's the kind of info I need!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'll dig around and see if I have any of it. At one point I went through a whole bunch of Japanese sites saving anything I could find that I didn't seem to already have. I have the SSS movie files themselves from the PC game, of course, but they don't have their names in them.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Gotcha; if you can find Japanese titles for the sound test in Silver Star Story, I'd appreciate it most. ^^

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Zhane, I sent you all the titles from Harmony of Silver Star, and I think they're the same.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Actually, the Harmony tracks have all been renamed. Again, though, if you're in the business of dealing with titles in Japanese, they're right there at the beginning of the game in the Ocarina...you don't have to slog your way through the bonus dungeon at the end of Eternal Blue remake or anything.
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'd really like to get the Harmony names, if DevNall or Zhane could oblige me.

Oddly enough, while I don't have the SSS ocarina tracklist names easily accessible, I found I did have the EBC names. Note that the below is obviously copypasta from a website I uncharacteristically did not identify in my file, probably a forum post (I seem to have saved it in 2004!). Formatting may be a bit weird

夢幻のオカリナの日本語の曲名は、
上から、
立ち上がれ勇者!
激闘
英雄との戦闘
ゾファーvsルーシア
新たなる船出
プロムナード
明日へのフィールド
竜汽船バルガン

にぎわう街角
祝福されし街
聖都ペンタグリア
静寂の向こうに
魔導の調べ
不安
洞窟を越えて
決戦の足音
青き塔
Funky Vargan
カーニバル
武道大会
銀と青
安らぎの時
ルナ~エターナルブルー
逃げるヒイロ
孤高の騎士レオ
ゾファー出現
快速艇の旅
勝負師ロンファ
悲しみの記憶
哀しい思い出
緊迫ジーン
おかねがいちばん
ガレオン
俺様はナルだ!
偽りの女神
美しき歌声
ゾファー復活
勝利の喜び
竜の間
キカイ山
ホーンの街

吹雪

正義の使者″仮面の白騎士″

エターナルブルー~永遠の想い
戦闘終了
モノローグ

の51曲です。
(日本版とアメリカ版では曲の順番や入っている曲が違うかもしれないので、合っているかどうか分かりませんが…)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Here's the Harmony list:

Fighting Sprits No.1
酒場
Stand and Fight
妖魅の宴
Go,and Go!
Traveling in the Fun
彼方を目指して
ブルグ
雑踏
街角
青竜の歌
メリビア
魔法の都
泥棒市場
In the Darkness
静寂の地
Mysterious Cave
竜の洞窟
Hurry Up!
Break through
光輝
波にゆられて
銀の光
弔鐘
そして物語は始まる
夢はでっかく
竜~闇の中の聖なる魂~
夢~そしていつかは~
母なる者
Modern Boy
四英雄
迫り来る闇
フェアリー・レイン
Pretty Girl
It’s me!
魔法皇帝ガレオン
悲しみ
緑の大地
緑の大地
タムルー
戦いの予感
陰謀
決意
Mist
風の吹くまま
孤高の狼
Stand up to destiny
鋼の胎動
戦士たち
折れた刃
Reach for the front
やすらぎ
追憶~還らざる日々~
Machinery
想い、彼方へ
Winners
Victory
ファンファーレ
青竜の……
;波頭
虫の音
魔道機動兵器ナッシュ
さざなみ

???新規BGM①
???新規BGM②
???新規BGM③

I booted up SSS but the ocarina doesn't seem to do anything, nor do I see anything looking at the strings. Wasn't that added in the MPEG/PSX release?

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Yeah, Alun, that was from Lunar Hope, when those kind folks answered a request to save me the excruciating pain of actually playing the EB remake yet again just to get the track list. Translation over here: http://lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4289

And DevNall, I stand corrected, these Harmony names are all identical to SSS. I was thinking of the track names for the Lunar Harmony pack-in CD, which are all of course new.
aka Maou

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Temzin wrote:And DevNall, I stand corrected, these Harmony names are all identical to SSS.
That's what I thought; I mean, save the additional tracks, the music is just remastered.
Temzin wrote:I was thinking of the track names for the Lunar Harmony pack-in CD, which are all of course new.
I hadn't paid close attention to that... interesting.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

DevNall wrote:Here's the Harmony list:

Fighting Sprits No.1
酒場
Stand and Fight
妖魅の宴
Go,and Go!
Traveling in the Fun
彼方を目指して
ブルグ
雑踏
街角
青竜の歌
メリビア
魔法の都
泥棒市場
In the Darkness
静寂の地
Mysterious Cave
竜の洞窟
Hurry Up!
Break through
光輝
波にゆられて
銀の光
弔鐘
そして物語は始まる
夢はでっかく
竜~闇の中の聖なる魂~
夢~そしていつかは~
母なる者
Modern Boy
四英雄
迫り来る闇
フェアリー・レイン
Pretty Girl
It’s me!
魔法皇帝ガレオン
悲しみ
緑の大地
緑の大地

タムルー
戦いの予感
陰謀
決意

Mist
風の吹くまま
孤高の狼
Stand up to destiny
鋼の胎動
戦士たち
折れた刃
Reach for the front
やすらぎ
追憶~還らざる日々~
Machinery
想い、彼方へ
Winners
Victory
ファンファーレ
青竜の……
;波頭
虫の音
魔道機動兵器ナッシュ
さざなみ

???新規BGM①
???新規BGM②
???新規BGM③

I booted up SSS but the ocarina doesn't seem to do anything, nor do I see anything looking at the strings. Wasn't that added in the MPEG/PSX release?
The ones in bold look incomplete or unknown to me.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Temzin wrote:Yeah, Alun, that was from Lunar Hope, when those kind folks answered a request to save me the excruciating pain of actually playing the EB remake yet again just to get the track list. Translation over here: http://lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4289
Wow, I am really out of it... even though I'd read that thread I managed to completely forget about its existence. :oops: It has not been a good weekend. Sigh.

DevNall: The ocarina was not usable or playable in the first Saturn release of SSS; that was added to the MPEG version and therefore included in the port to PlayStation and PC.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

OK, so then we just need the tracklist from that MPEG card version...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Eh? It won't be different from the PSX one. But in my copious free time I'll try to dig out the Saturn and check, if I can remember which Saturn has the MPEG card in it.

We can also check the Japanese and Korean PC tracklists, though that won't be the easiest thing for me to do. I definitely don't trust my Korean character recognition enough to be able to transcribe it.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

The ones in bold look incomplete or unknown to me.
Nope. I don't own a PSP so I can't look to try to figure out the final five mystery tracks (the last three of course simply being labled "New BGM 1-3," weird), but all of the other ones are correct. Let's go through this, shall we?

弔鐘: Mourning Bell. Plays in Burg post-Magic Emperor, I think.
緑の大地: Green Earth. Plays in the cinema after you win the last battle and things start looking good again. Don't know if the second is a duplicate misprint or another PSP remix...DevNall or other PSP owners could say for sure.
陰謀: Intrigue. Plays in the tower in Vheen leading up to the Vile Tribe
決意: Determination. Plays when Luna comes along to the boat, when you're headed off to the last dungeon, and before the final credits.
戦士たち: Warriors. Plays when the Plains Tribe helps you enter the Mechanical Castle.
波頭: The Crests of Waves. Just a sound effect/ambient noise, as I recall.

Come to think of it...if you need some help doing the translation or research that you're offering to Lunar Net, might it be easier if you just gave them the information you do already know and sort of generally listed things you don't, rather than being the middleman? No shame in not being able to submit everything on your own, but I'm not sure I see the utility of having part of the 'big submission' being to ask everyone else for answers rather than turning it in directly...? Go with what you know!
aka Maou

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Now all I need to do is match them to my existing ocarina data.

Oh, now that I'm on it, some tracks are missing from the Ocarinas in both games, should I list them too?

UPDATE: almost finished with Silver Star Story, Eternal Blue (remake) and LUNAR Legend tracklists. Still need help with names of BGM for LUNAR: The Silver Star, and SEGA CD Eternal Blue.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

UPDATE: I have now found a complete list of ALL seiyuu for Silver Star Harmony, and will be at work deciphering it.