*sigh"* Just waiting for a trailer...

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

*sigh"* Just waiting for a trailer...

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

As I sit here and wait....impatiently....for a trailer to finally appear for Lunar SSH, I start to think back to when people were given their first glimpses at the past Lunar games. As for personal exposure to the games, my first glimpses of the awesomeness of Lunar TSS and EB were in the pages of Gamefan. After becoming a fan of TSS, I remember seeing the first pics of EB in Gamefan and just stared at it for hours lol. Same thing goes for SSS for the Saturn. Since I never got to go to an E3, I never got to see the EB video Working Designs showed people (until I got to dowload it from good ol' Lunar-Net :) ).

I guess my first trailer for any of the Lunar games would be for SSS as I got to see a trailer for it in a Japanese Saturn magazine that came with it on a demo disc. *sigh* Memories....
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: *sigh"* Just waiting for a trailer...

Post by ilovemyguitar »

My first exposure to Lunar was just seeing TSS on the shelf at the video rental store in my hometown in Indiana when I was around 12 or 13 years old. I had recently discovered anime via the Sci Fi channel's "Saturday Anime" block on Saturday mornings, so the obvious anime stylings on the box attracted me to rent it. I ended up spending large portions of my allowance to rent that game repeatedly until I finally beat it. It wasn't long after that that I saw a big spread in some gaming magazine on EB (GamePro magazine, I think?) that had a glowing review of the game and also that big, beautiful three-page ad where the first page was just Lucia with the "Hope Springs Eternal" tagline. I believe around that time I may have seen some sort of video promo trailer thing in a video games store at the mall that showed some of EB's early scenes (Hiro running around the Dragon Ruins, Lucia appearing at the top of the Blue Spire).

And for the record, I'm also on pins and needles waiting for an SSH trailer. I know that this game can't possibly affect me today the way the original did all those years ago, but if it's done well it might affect 12 and 13 year olds playing it for the first time today in that way, and that's the sort of thing that needs to happen for this series to get a chance to continue on.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I never saw any of the Lunar trailers or Magazine articles, i wasn't really into much game stuff back then, i was playing games but i just played what ever ones my dad bought or that my neighbor had. I found out about Lunar from watching my cousin play it and just fell in love with it, and had to get it.

I cant wait to see a trailer, you would think there would be one coming out soon. Some new high quality art would be nice too.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I missed out on the Sega CD versions when they first came out because I never owned a Sega CD, but I can still remember seeing an ad for EB in GamePro with the whole "In the darkest hour ... Hope springs Eternal!" line and the WD "Our Games Go To 11!" slogan for the first time. I wanted it so bad, but I had just gotten a new video game system and my Dad wasn't having it. I still have those old magazines and it was actually that ad that made me pick up SSSC when I saw it in the store. I wouldn't have looked twice at it if it weren't for that ad. :o
- Mike

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Well, we finally got a trailer! :) It was nice to see a little bit of the actual game graphics in the trailer and, although little was shown, it looked pretty much like SSSC but with larger characters for the battle scenes and the 3/4 town view didn't look too bad!
Visit my Youtube site!!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

liquidpolicenaut wrote:Well, we finally got a trailer! :) It was nice to see a little bit of the actual game graphics in the trailer and, although little was shown, it looked pretty much like SSSC but with larger characters for the battle scenes and the 3/4 town view didn't look too bad!
Wait, what? We did? Can you share a link or something?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:
liquidpolicenaut wrote:Well, we finally got a trailer! :) It was nice to see a little bit of the actual game graphics in the trailer and, although little was shown, it looked pretty much like SSSC but with larger characters for the battle scenes and the 3/4 town view didn't look too bad!
Wait, what? We did? Can you share a link or something?
http://www.gunghoworks.jp/game/lunar/info/

It's on GungHo's official site. We'll have more info on that later today (it was going to be last night, but it was getting late and I still wasn't done with the translations). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Okay, I've watched it now. It's good!

I guess I would have liked to see more of the battle system, but if I was going to put together a trailer for this game I'd probably focus more on the incredibly awesome anime sequences too. From what we do see of the battle system, though, it looks like it's staying in line with old-school Lunar games, and the PSP-specific touches seem nifty from what we can see so far (I'm cool with the limit-break-ish attacks from Lunar Legend sticking around as long as they're integrated well).

It's a good trailer overall. They're presenting the game in a way that I think will hook people who aren't already familiar with the series and in a way that accurately represents what the game will presumably have to offer; a great story with fun/interesting characters, a fully textured and realized game world, and lots of heart. I'm always afraid that Lunar will slip over the edge of where Valis went and become too focused on "hey, look at these hot anime chicks," but it doesn't seem to be happening here.

I'm looking forward to hearing insight into what they're actually saying in the trailer, too!

It's a good time to be a Lunar fan! :mrgreen:

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

First trailer released...

Just in case anybody hasn't seen it yet....

Click here for the first Lunar:Harmony of Silver Star Trailer!

What does everyone think?
Visit my Youtube site!!

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Crap! I didnt realize I didnt even put up a link for the actual trailer! lol Started a quick new thread with the link to a bigger version on my YouTube page...
Visit my Youtube site!!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Merged topics. No worries.

What's still funny is the occasional person emailing us letting us know that there's a new Lunar game coming out for the PSP. Y'know, as if they didn't see the giant frontpage banners and the last 20 updates to the site. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

*sigh* Just waiting for a trailer...(First Trailer released!

Kizyr wrote:Merged topics. No worries.

What's still funny is the occasional person emailing us letting us know that there's a new Lunar game coming out for the PSP. Y'know, as if they didn't see the giant frontpage banners and the last 20 updates to the site. KF
Thanks for merging them. After I posted it, I was like "Why didnt I just edit the other post?" lol Feeling a bit under the weather so thanks for merging it :)
Visit my Youtube site!!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kizyr wrote:Merged topics. No worries.

That's interesting.

And actually that reminds me of something, Kiz. Have you heard yet that they're making a new Lunar game on the PSP? It's another remake of Lunar 1 called Lunar: Silver Star Harmony.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The trailer is on LunarNET now, with Kiz's translation. I also added the soundtrack cover artwork to a new page in the SSH section called, well, "Soundtrack".
-G1

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

GhaleonOne, you got a new avatar :o
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Trailer looks nice. I really wish that I had a PSP now.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:The trailer is on LunarNET now, with Kiz's translation. I also added the soundtrack cover artwork to a new page in the SSH section called, well, "Soundtrack".
Excellent!

Kind of hoping folks will link back here now. I'll make an update on that one tonight, when I put up the GungHo Website update.
ilovemyguitar wrote:And actually that reminds me of something, Kiz. Have you heard yet that they're making a new Lunar game on the PSP? It's another remake of Lunar 1 called Lunar: Silver Star Harmony.
::BANS::

I haven't done that in ages! I forgot how therapeutic it can be!

::BANS PHYCO::

::BANS SONIC#::

::BANS GHALEONONE::
--sorry, collateral damage. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

They should make a Lunar game for the DS. I bet it would rock! I mean,c'mon, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?!?!? ;)
Visit my Youtube site!!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

liquidpolicenaut wrote:They should make a Lunar game for the DS. I bet it would rock! I mean,c'mon, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?!?!? ;)
I dunno. I'm kinda glad that there was never a Lunar game on the DS.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Sure there was. It was called Loser:Dragon Dung DS ( DS = Deep Sh.. use your imagination)