Potential Lunar Remakes.

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Potential Lunar Remakes.

Post by LunarRaptor »

Alright, we all know this series has had the hell remade out of it, but if they ported a new version onto some console or another, what would you want to see?

Me, personally, I'd want to see a blend of the original Lunar: TSS, and Lunar: SSSC.

Luna would still go on the journey up to when we learn that Ghaleon has gone bad. Mia would keep her story from the original version, in that she already knows her mom isn't what she seems and she isn't crying when we first meet her. Nash would go back to his original double-agent role, Ghaleon would retain his original personal motives, we'd have all the legends of the Magical Emperor from the original, but we'd have the trio of sisters. We'd also retain the bath scenes and the pics of the girls.
As for what system it would appear on. Heck, I don't care. The gameplay has long been established for the two original games, so if the creators just stuck with that, it should turn out okay on any console.

But enough of my ideas, what are some of your's?
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Potential Lunar Remakes.

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

That would be so cool if Lunar SSSC and EBC were remade on the PS3....

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Well, it'd at least be able to have top notch animation, like from an actual show, then.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I like all of what you've done but i'd like to add that it would need to retain the TSS way of becoming the dragonmaster. The pillaging of Burg also needs to stay.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Oh, right, thank you, B. Ghaleon. Alright, revised list:

Keep from remakes: Luna would still go on the journey up to when we learn that Ghaleon has gone bad. We'd also have the trio of sisters. We'd also retain the bath scenes and the pics of the girls.

From the original: Mia would keep her story from the original version, in that she already knows her mom isn't what she seems and she isn't crying when we first meet her. Nash would go back to his original double-agent role, Ghaleon would retain his original personal motives, we'd have all the legends of the Magical Emperor from the original, the orginal means of which Alex becomes Dragonmaster would be retained, as would the pillaging of Burg.

What console? As for what system it would appear on. Heck, I don't care. The gameplay has long been established for the two original games, so if the creators just stuck with that, it should turn out okay on any console.

Graphically speaking, I'd love to see perfected and refined versions of the Lunar Legend graphics paired with the animation of the Lunar: SSSC version, but updated and given more depth and detail to the characters.
Voice acting. A must, as far as my opinion goes. At this point in time, though, they'd likely have to hire all new actors, with these changes, as the old ones are likely not available (another discussion in and of itself, "Who should replace Ashley Angel and co. if they dont/can't return?").
I've also said, more or less, that the original board game-style control scheme of the field, should be retained as well.
Then, everything would be perfecto. :mrgreen:

B. Ghaleon, I take it fromy our response that your idea is along the same lines as what I put, then.
But anyway, come on, people! There must be some element you want put into the orignal two games that the've never had before!

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Here's an Idea.

well why not have multiple endings or the possibility of actually saving Luna when Ghaleon tries to kidnap her. or at least have one-on-one fights like in suikoden.

well i wouldn't mind it in 3D as long as it is available for the PS2. I'd be happy.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Hmm. I'm not going to argue anyone's suggestion, but I think Suidoken and Lunar should continue to have their own, individual, styles. Too many series have become too similar.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Okay, one-on-one idea scrapped.

I'll still carry my idea of actually stopping Ghaleon from kidnapping Luna.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I was thinking that, myself, but I decied not to post it, figuring I'd avoid an argument. Yeah, I always hated that she gets kidnapped, too. One, I like her character. Two, the first time I played, I spent an insane amount of time maximizing her magic stats and figuring out the best stragegies to make her and Alex into one kickass team. Ghaleon kidnapping her basically obliterated howI had been apporaching the game as Jessica starts out less than impressive.

But, in the end, I suppose that you'd have to alter the story almost to the point of insanity if she doesn't get kidnapped. But, as you said, it should be left open as an option. I could see that working.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Well to preserve the story, Ghaleon would cast a spell on her at the black dragon fortress and revert it back to the way it was in the original game.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I don't know what you mean by one-on-one battles. Like... do you mean one protagonist (for like of a better term) would fight one villain. Weren't those already in EBC? Even if they weren't, how would this aspect detract from Lunar's style?

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

the duels in suikoden.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Omega wrote:Okay, one-on-one idea scrapped.

What about when Mel fights Alex to see how strong he is?

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Omega wrote:the duels in suikoden.
I've never played that game, so I still don't know what you're talking about.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

The duels in Suidoken are a lot different from what you're thinking of. Itskind of like a mix of turn-based one-on-on, put with some arcade fighter game mechanics, I think. Its been a long while since I last played my copy ofg Suidoken 3.

Good idea, by the way, Omega. Everything from the Black Dragon Cave on can be set the way it was. I like the idea of options.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

It was either that or an alternate ending with Luna present at the fortress of althena. (on your side)

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Hmm. That might be taking it a little far. As far as most fans are concerned, the ending for Lunar is classic, and there'd be worldwide complaints if they offered a more than one ending.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

I saw that coming... :(

I posted it just to see what would happen.
but after beating it who knows how many times, if you're one of those gamers who get bored with a game after beating it so many times... in their cases something new would be good.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Oh, I dunno. In Lunar 2, Lucia helps Hiro smite Zophar herself in the 3rd battle vs. Zophar. (Where it's just the two of them smiting the dark god)

I could see Luna in Dark Althena's outfit laying down some smack on Ghaleon in the same vein...cause it'd be awesome.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

These videos should give you a better understanding of what i said, Werefrog.
These examples are from Suikoden V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDzUOEY ... re=related
Have to deal with a bit of dialogue here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP5Jd9Ff ... re=related
an idiot gets the ultimate asskicking here.