Lunar Cosplay

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Miri
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Cosplay

Post by Miri »

Hello!

I just thought I'd post my costumes I made from Lunar. I'm dressed as Luna, with my sister, Jessica, as Jessica. ^_^

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?c ... mber=43538

Enjoy!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Wow. She certainly looks a Jessica.

I like your Luna too, though I looked around a little bit, and I must say, you pose quite a Quatre Raberba Winner. He's usually my favorite Gundam Wing pilot (with Trowa getting a close second).

What did you make your Luna costume out of?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Nice. Very nice.

You know, one of these days I'm going to cosplay luna, then walk around the springs for the day :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Maiku
Student of Vane

Post by Maiku »

First off, to Miri... Love the Cosplaying =D I wish there was someway for me to make costumes, but alas... I suck <.<.

Good job on the outfits though.

Second off, phyco.... I would absolutely LOVE to see you do that. Since I live near the vicinity, I would be able to take shots of you with a camera and deliver it to the newspaper. XD

So I suggest you don't =D

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I am a bit of an attention lover, so bring your camera :D

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Excellent costumes, I must say!
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well Luna, we all want to know.... Does the carpet match the drapes?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

If Lucia's any indication, it totally does.

I'll take the 5th about how I know that. ;)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Sonic# wrote:Wow. She certainly looks a Jessica.

I like your Luna too, though I looked around a little bit, and I must say, you pose quite a Quatre Raberba Winner. He's usually my favorite Gundam Wing pilot (with Trowa getting a close second).

What did you make your Luna costume out of?
She'll be happy to hear that when I tell her, thank you. :) And Quatre's my favorite anime character, so I had to show the love. I'm currently making my boyfriend who's a foot taller than me a Trowa wig. ^^ Yay!

Um, Just some of that sort of cheap fabric, and lots of ribbon/trim for the borders. The black triangles on the purple wrap/hat and hair wrap was drawn on with a sharpie. ^^;
phyco126 wrote:Nice. Very nice.

You know, one of these days I'm going to cosplay luna, then walk around the springs for the day :P
Thank you, and yes, you should. ^^
Maiku wrote:First off, to Miri... Love the Cosplaying =D I wish there was someway for me to make costumes, but alas... I suck <.<.

Good job on the outfits though.
Thank you. ^_^ And I don't think I'm very good either, I just had to concentrate really hard. ^^; I bet you could do it to, just practice!
Dragonmaster Lou wrote:Excellent costumes, I must say!
Thanks!^^
Silver Phoenix wrote:Well Luna, we all want to know.... Does the carpet match the drapes?
Ask Alex. :D
Angelalex242 wrote:If Lucia's any indication, it totally does.

I'll take the 5th about how I know that. ;)
Hah, so awesome. XD

Plantella
Lann Fisherman

Post by Plantella »

Those costumes are gorgeous! They are made really well and you guys took some super cute pics! It reminded me that I had a pic of my sis in a Luna costume that she made about 8 or 9 years ago. Her friend made an Alex one and they wore it to Dragon-con '99. Heres a pic of them with Apollo Smile, the EX live action anime girl.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Plantella wrote:Those costumes are gorgeous! They are made really well and you guys took some super cute pics! It reminded me that I had a pic of my sis in a Luna costume that she made about 8 or 9 years ago. Her friend made an Alex one and they wore it to Dragon-con '99. Heres a pic of them with Apollo Smile, the EX live action anime girl.

Those are also some great costumes... Hmm, I wonder WTH Apollo Smile is doing these days, though...

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Miri wrote:
Silver Phoenix wrote:Well Luna, we all want to know.... Does the carpet match the drapes?
Ask Alex. :D

LOL, excellent answer. :D Your costumes are beautiful! It really makes me want to cosplay a lunar character as well. I wouldn't mind having a Luna dress lol.

And Plantella, your sister is an adorable Luna. She did a great job.

Aw, I loved Apollo Smile! She's so cute! lol
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

LuNaRtIc wrote: Aw, I loved Apollo Smile! She's so cute! lol
LOL, yes, I admit I was also an Apollo Smile fan back in the day.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Apollo Smile? Never heard of her.

Your sister is pretty cute. :P The two costumes are pretty nice, very nice actually. I would love to cosplay as a Lunar character sometime. :D

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

phyco126 wrote: Your sister is pretty cute.
Seconded.

I think it'd be cool to cosplay, but I really don't have the skillz/patience to make a costume... :(

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

She does pull off the cuteness of Luna well. I hate to say it, but she's one of the few good Luna's I've seen. Not that I've seen that many, but I can only think of one other one that I thought was well done offhand.
-G1

Plantella
Lann Fisherman

Post by Plantella »

Oh you guys are so nice, Ill have to tell her she got lots of compliments on Lunar-net!

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Your sister makes a good luna shes just as cute as the original.

I saw Apollo Smile in an episode of Monk, she was a skater in one of the episodes. has she doone anything else recently, she wasn't a terible singer i have one of her songs on my ipod

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

All great cosplay, you all look the part! I'd like to make a Dragonmaster costume.. Dragonmaster Jei! :D
Image"Sample my goods!!"

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Lunar Cosplay

Post by HiroOne »

I've been trying to get started in the cosplay business over the past two months now and of course the first one I want to do is Hiro. I've seen it done before and it seems like a very simple costume to do. I know absolutely nothing about sewing and was actually considering learning just to get the costumes done. I had two people promise to give me a sewing machine but over a month of waiting, it was too late and I ended up going to Katsucon without any cosplay... *tear*

But I won't let that get me down! I still want to learn how to do it on my own, but for now I'm having cosplay magic do a comission for me. They can't do everything and there are still a few things that I'd gladly listen to the lunar-net community on advice for such as the Boomerang, Grappling hook, anklet and leg straps, as well as the white sports tape around the legs and arms (Should or shouldn't I wear black shoes? Hiro obviously just uses the tights that wrap across his foot).

It's so close I can taste it!

To: Cosplaymagic@gmail.com

Hello, I am interested in having a cosplay commission done for an anime video game character called Hiro from Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD / Sega Saturn / Playstation).

I have attached many photos that will give you a detailed look of how the costume is designed.

19eb.jpg - Hiro's costume without the cloak nor the X shaped belt strap being worn.
20eb.jpg - A good shot of the entire costume, but because it is dark the colors are a bit wrong.
Chars.jpg - Another good full shot of Hiro
Dalichro.jpg - A manga insert giving you a good closeup of how the shirt collar is tied
eb2.jpg - A poster showing another angle of the costume.
eb.jpg - Another poster giving a better look at the grappling hook on his side.
EBC0185.JPG - This is the pendant that Hiro wears later in the game.
lunar2logo.jpg - Another poster that has a better look at the leg strap's design
lunar2-poster2.jpg - This poster shows Hiro wearing the pendant around his neck.

I know you mainly specialize in cloth, fabric, and leather. If you do wigs, necklaces/pendants, and maybe even wooden weapons such as that boomerang, I would be highly interested in hearing about prices for these items as well for Hiro.

I am a mix of Small and Medium (more on the medium size). I am 5 foot, 9 inches tall (69 inches total). I am a slim build and weigh 115 pounds.
Neck: 15 1/2
Chest: 39
Waist: 34
Hips: 36
Arm: 33

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to dealing with you soon!

Sincerely,
Jamie Rowley

19eb.jpg
20eb.jpg
Chars.jpg
Dalichro.jpg
eb2.jpg
eb.jpg
EBC0185.JPG
lunar2logo.jpg
lunar2-poster2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

from cosplaymagic <cosplaymagic@gmail.com>
we have made a commission before(he oredred without pants), we can do for $270, it will look like this(this is a XL)

To: Cosplaymagic@gmail.com

I definately like the design of the costume! Are you able to do the cloak in a lighter brown color? The one in the preview looks a bit more red then I expected. Also does the $270 include the pants not shown and white tape that wraps around the legs and arms?

I'm now waiting for a response from them. I'm pretty darned excited! I've wanted to do this costume for over a decade now! My excitement level is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!