Rare Lunar Artbook

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
wildthehero
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Rare Lunar Artbook

Post by wildthehero »

Greets all,

I just came off ebay where I noticed someone selling one of the lunar artbooks. I dont know who the seller is, so do your homework if you're interested, (seems ok, but I'm not vouching for him) but they have it up for "buy it now" 30$ plus shipping, or best offer. I've had mine for a while, and payed quite a bit more for it. They're pretty hard to come by, so I figured I'd let everyone know.

eBay Link

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

If I didn't already have a copy, I'd get it now. That's a really good deal for a BIN that low. This is a really good find; thanks for the heads up. Someone out there may want to take advantage of this in short order. KF

(EDIT: Changed to shorter link to avoid stretchy pages. KF)
Last edited by Kizyr on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

If I didn't already have two copies I might consider it myself. :P The seller is lying about the hardbound part, though; it's definitely paperback, albeit stiff paper. But yes, that's a very good price, about 2/3 of what I paid for mine new.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I now have an artbook!

Thanks for the heads-up, wildthehero.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You won't be disappointed Sonic. It's a great artbook.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yay! You'll love it. ^_^

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

No prob =D I searched high and low for weeks for mine, so glad I could help someone out.

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

o.O Must be a lot of people looking for extra cash at the expense of their Lunar books. There are already auctions up for both of the rare art books at 45$ Buyout plus shipping. I've never seen them both up at one time. Don't know either of the sellers, but it's kinda cool to see this stuff circulating. I hope they're not reproductions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lunar-Silver-Star-Story-Art-Book-Sega-Game-Arts-Jp-1997_W0QQitemZ160041936391QQihZ006QQcategoryZ1345QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lunar-1-2-Silver-Eternal-Blue-Anime-Artbook-Art-Book_W0QQitemZ330041188373QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1345QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It comes and goes. I think I've bought from both of those sellers before, though I'd have to check my records to be sure. To be honest, I'd almost be more interested in a reproduction, since that's different from what I have. No reason to think these aren't real, though. The artbooks aren't expensive on Yahoo Auctions Japan -- that's why I have two; I bought the second because it was cheap and I was getting other stuff shipped to me anyway.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

For the record if anyone's thinking about buying an artbook, the Lunar I+II is better than the Lunar SSS Newtype book.
-G1

joker_mausland
Pao Hunter

Post by joker_mausland »

GhaleonOne wrote:For the record if anyone's thinking about buying an artbook, the Lunar I+II is better than the Lunar SSS Newtype book.
I was thinking about buying the Lunar SSS Newtype book but was wondering if it had the same images in the Lunar I+II book. I already have the Lunar I+II artbook so I was wondering :)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Nope. Though the SSS Newtype has a LOT of in-game stills of the anime scenes in SSSC. There's also a good amount of artwork, but a sizable portion of the art book is anime scenes.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

More specifically, the sketches and such in the SSS artbook are different from those in the I+II book because it's about a different game -- the character designs were revised a bit for the remakes. This is most noticeable with Dyne, who was depicted as bearded in the I+II book.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

is it legal to post pages from the art books here, i mean its not like there still in production and iv never really seen much from them.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

If you mean the entire artbook, then yes, that would be illegal, but I've always wanted to post up a few pages of scans from both artbooks on the site. I just don't have a working scanner anymore, or at least one that would scan at any real quality. One of these days, I'm going to buy one and scan some pages from those, along with the covers for some of the novels and such that I'm missing on the site.
-G1

joker_mausland
Pao Hunter

Post by joker_mausland »

There was another thing I was meaning to ask, was there ever an art book specifically for Lunar 2 and Lunar 2 only?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Unfortunately not. I wish they had done one. EBC had some beatiful artwork, and I know there was some art that never got used that would have been great to see.

They could even release one now with all the artwork from the remakes and Legend/DS/WS/MS that was never released. I've seen Genesis art that was never published.
-G1

joker_mausland
Pao Hunter

Post by joker_mausland »

I think there was a thread somewhere about a ebay user not to buy from, and I was wondering who that was because I wanted to buy a lunar item on ebay.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

videogameya is the likely the person you're talking about. He's got a bunch of manga and artbooks up right now last I checked. It's not that he's a bad Ebayer . He's just horrible about communication. His auctions allowed combined shipping, but I was never able to get a confirmed price for the shipping, and sent him like 2 bucks short on shipping. It took 3 months to get my stuff after having to turn him in through PayPal to actually get his attention. Had he given me the correct amount to begin with, it would have never been a problem. However, other than that, I did get what I paid for, and the merchandise was quality. Looking at his feedback, he's largely a good Ebayer. Just don't expect any real communication from him if you have questions after buying the auction. Make sure to settle any questions with him before buying the item and you'll be fine. Assuming that's who you're looking to buy from.
-G1

joker_mausland
Pao Hunter

Post by joker_mausland »

I am wondering if they will make an art book for lunar dragon song, but I doubt it since most of the game was just sprites. :(