Video Footage

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
willlane
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Video Footage

Post by willlane »

Ive been watching some AMVs that have video from lunar in them, which made me think that there must have been an animated series at some point. Are these videos just cutscens? Or is there somthing more?

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Video Footage

Post by Roas Atrades »

willlane wrote:Ive been watching some AMVs that have video from lunar in them, which made me think that there must have been an animated series at some point. Are these videos just cutscens? Or is there somthing more?

Can you say what the AMVs are? I've seen a couple over the years. That would help to clarify things.

My personal favorite was called "The Girls of Lunar" set to Queen's Fat Bottom Girls.

Now that's music :D
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

willlane
Meryod Yokel

Post by willlane »

I dont recall the names, i was looking for Seikai amv on animemusicvideos.net and saw a lunar one and wanted to find out where the footage came from.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Don't know what you've been looking at, but the only Lunar animation is from the games (including Magic School) and the short MS anime which is maybe 15 minutes long total.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The animated clips must have been from various parts of the game, then. There's a good amount of footage between all of them.

The only actual animated piece outside of a game is from the Lunar: Magic School anime, a 10-minute short based on Magic School. The video's up here on LunarNET.

I already translated the dialogue a while back, but ZP (another member here) was working on putting it into subtitles. The translation's not up on the site, but if there's enough interest already we may go ahead and put it up in the time being. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

willlane
Meryod Yokel

Post by willlane »

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

They're music video's set to animation from the game. Definately.

Which reminds me, I'll probably have one of my own up in the next day or two. I'm still debating opening a section for it on LunarNET, due to bandwidth issues. Perhaps we can do a trial run and see how much it chews up.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I remember a fan video with animation from all three games set to Killy is No. 1 a while back; think I got it off RPGFan before all their videos went offline. If there were a section that might be one to include, assuming it still exists somewhere. I don't remember if I actually saved it or not. I think it was the first time I saw anything of Magic School.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Certainly. It's slightly possible I even have it on an old hard drive somewhere. There's quite a few out there that would be good to have up.

BTW, I'll be posting my new Lunar video later tonight. I'm planning on doing two more before Christmas.
-G1

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

GhaleonOne wrote:They're music video's set to animation from the game. Definately.

Which reminds me, I'll probably have one of my own up in the next day or two. I'm still debating opening a section for it on LunarNET, due to bandwidth issues. Perhaps we can do a trial run and see how much it chews up.

I doubt you'd have any problems, but animemusicvideos.org recently got slammed and was forced to take down tons of their content. I used to think AMV's was a great loop hole to listen to songs I liked, til someone explained to me it was considered the same as passing around mp3s. I stopped shortly after that, mainly because the videos I wanted to see were never finished or posted with no links. I got tired of waiting.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Roas Atrades wrote:I doubt you'd have any problems, but animemusicvideos.org recently got slammed and was forced to take down tons of their content. I used to think AMV's was a great loop hole to listen to songs I liked, til someone explained to me it was considered the same as passing around mp3s. I stopped shortly after that, mainly because the videos I wanted to see were never finished or posted with no links. I got tired of waiting.

That's pretty much why I don't host them at the Shrine to Ghaleon. We're obscure enough that we probably could get by without worrying about bandwidth issues, but it's close enough to hosting mp3s that I decided against it. (And the Shrine did get a music video a while back, which is why I started thinking about it.) If the music's something out of print, or a fan remix, I wouldn't have problem with it, but when it's something commercially available I think it falls too far on the wrong side of the line.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Ive been watching some AMVs that have video from lunar in them, which made me think that there must have been an animated series at some point.

An animated series of Lunar? I wish. It's too bad it'll never happen