Magical School Lunar translation [in progress!]

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
S.ninja
Student of Vane

Re: Magical School Lunar translation [in progress!]

Postby S.ninja » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

I would just like a update on the project :)

ShugoHanasaki
Red Dragon Priest

Postby ShugoHanasaki » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 am

The creator of it is part of our Telegram chat for LUNAR fans. If you want to join https://t.me/WorldofLunar
LUNAR Telegram Group Chat

https://t.me/WorldofLunar

"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE"
- Jeff Hardy -

Ms. Tea
Nanza Bandit

Postby Ms. Tea » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:36 pm

angel_x wrote:Hi Ms. Tea, first, I think the PM did not go through when I try to message you.

Anyway, I was searching for Magical School Lunar english translation and I found this site.
I have always wondering how people translating Saturn games.

I know you are busy but I just wondering if there is a guide on how to translate Saturn games, or how do you translating this particular game.
Like which tools do you use for the translation project. What are the steps that you do etc etc.

I am a video game programmer so I believe I can learn really fast on how this whole process works.
I hope you can advice me and point me to the right direction. If possible, like some guide on how can I translate on this same game, doing what you do :)

Perhaps if I got some free time I can help on translating this project as well.

Thanks.

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your PM! Unfortunately, I don't think there are really very good how-to guides out there, but I'm glad to help give you a good intro if you want. At some point I'm going to be blogging about my Lunar translations and that should help with that a bit.

S.ninja wrote:I would just like a update on the project :)

There isn't much progress to report. :) At this point, the hacking is basically done. We're waiting on the translation itself, then I'll be doing initial testing and the script editing.

angel_x
Meryod Yokel

Postby angel_x » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Ms. Tea wrote:
angel_x wrote:Hi Ms. Tea, first, I think the PM did not go through when I try to message you.

Anyway, I was searching for Magical School Lunar english translation and I found this site.
I have always wondering how people translating Saturn games.

I know you are busy but I just wondering if there is a guide on how to translate Saturn games, or how do you translating this particular game.
Like which tools do you use for the translation project. What are the steps that you do etc etc.

I am a video game programmer so I believe I can learn really fast on how this whole process works.
I hope you can advice me and point me to the right direction. If possible, like some guide on how can I translate on this same game, doing what you do :)

Perhaps if I got some free time I can help on translating this project as well.

Thanks.

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your PM! Unfortunately, I don't think there are really very good how-to guides out there, but I'm glad to help give you a good intro if you want. At some point I'm going to be blogging about my Lunar translations and that should help with that a bit.

S.ninja wrote:I would just like a update on the project :)

There isn't much progress to report. :) At this point, the hacking is basically done. We're waiting on the translation itself, then I'll be doing initial testing and the script editing.

No problem, I think the message never goes through for whatever reason. I just wondering if you have the project setup like on Git hub or somewhere where others can access and perhaps contribute? Also, in short, I just wondering what tools you use for the translation? First of course, you need the game. Next would be the tools used for translating and rebuilding the game? Thanks :)

Return to “Magical School Lunar & Lunar: Walking School”