What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by MaroonChan »

Lego Dimensions

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Story of Seasons. I'm working on getting the final trader in town and capturing all of the public fields. I have 3 more to get and then I will most likely stop playing the game. ^^

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

I've mostly been playing Ys: Memories of Celceta but also FFVII on PS4 and Blue Dragon on 360.
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My sister visited for a few days and we were both playing Ocarina of Time on our respectively 3DSes. She was starting from the beginning, having just bought the game the day before she came up, and I was playing Master Quest. A waiter at a restaurant we were both playing at found this really interesting, since he was a big Ocarina fan himself.

I've been editing my massive EBC notes document, removing most of the dialogue transcribed therein because it's in separate documents. The thing is so long it keeps crashing Word. But I've taken about forty pages out, which helps. I think I'll get back to this replay soon. Had intended to over the holidays, but ended up playing Ocarina instead.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

After watching the speedrun of Paper Mario on AGDQ, I wanted to play it. I bought the cart over ten years ago but only played about half of it. (I did play all of Thousand-Year Door, though.) So we bought it on Wii U and I've been playing that. Have only the last area to do now. But Mario & Luigi Paper Jam arrived yesterday and I had to give that a quick try last night. It's a little weird to see Mario and Luigi in 3D, as opposed to the 2D M&L games, but I suppose it makes sense for extra contrast with the paper versions. ("I knew Mario was round, but I didn't think he was THIS round!")

Greco12
Pao Hunter

Post by Greco12 »

Recently finished Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Definitely a high point in the franchise, featuring the humor the series is known for while adding in more dramatic elements without feeling forced at all. Alister Azimuth is a great one-off character who provides a stark contrast with Ratchet. The Agorian Battleplex tournament is a lot of fun and a great way to build up exp and improve your weapons.

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Decided to replay FFXII, don't know why I put it down in the first place.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Spouse and I just started The Witness last night. Having fun but it makes both of us a bit motion sick so we'll have to play it in small doses.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

With what time I've had, I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles X for the past month. I'm only halfway through the story, but it's the sort of game that has hours upon hours of sidequests, NPCs to talk to, and places to explore. If it's like the prior game in the series, I will leave it aside a few times but end up beating it 3 years later.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Yakuza 5 on my rare days off.

Alunissage, I'm considering The Witness. Let me know what you think.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I think that reviewers who compare it to Myst are pretty spot-on thus far. There's really only the one kind of puzzle in it, but it does have enough variations to stay interesting, especially since there are no hints at all to how to solve them, only simple tutorial versions that get more complex. Free-form exploring, no other people to interact with, bits of story conveyed by the occasional voice-clip recording (but even that doesn't say much). A lot of fun figuring out what the rule/pattern is to the given set of puzzles, and a lot of frustration as well. Worked well as a collaborative effort for us. Graphics (scenery in particular) are a bit plain and simple, after all these years of ever-increasing realism, but it's manageable.

Apparently quite a few people have complained of motion sickness, and the developer is working on something to improve that. We found that trying to move without turning the camera too much helped a lot.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Forgot to add: The Witness could be problematic for the visual- or hearing-impaired. I mean, more so than many games -- there's a set of puzzles that would probably be very difficult for someone who is partially or totally colorblind. Not being either, I can't really assess how solvable it would be. And actually there are a lot of puzzles that depend on distinguishing color of shapes, but this one set we just played it's really explicit that that's needed.

Sound hasn't been a big deal thus far but there was one puzzle that has a sound component in it. I know that's not an issue for you specifically, George, but thought I should mention it for anyone else here.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Thanks, Alun.

I'll probably get it. I love mysterious, unraveling adventure games. This reminds me of games like Myst, Mansion of Hidden Souls (loved), Enemy Zero (amazing), D etc. I don't mind if it's challenging so long as it doesn't feel esoteric or unclear to the point where I just end up walking around pushing every button until it clicks.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, do. It really does remind me of Myst quite a bit. And I should amend my earlier comment about the simplistic graphics: what I mainly mean is that there is a lot of solid colors without as much texture as we're used to these days, but it's absolutely necessary to the game.

There are a lot of puzzles that are unclear when you likely first encounter them, but if you keep looking around there are sets of puzzles elsewhere that will train you. A couple of times we've jumped the queue by figuring them out in advance, but even if you go strictly in order there's plenty to give you the satisfaction of solving something. What I mean is, generally the training puzzles don't feel like they're holding your hand.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I am playing Super Mario Galaxy 2. I like it.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Ys Origin at the moment. I've been slowly becoming an Ys junkie the last couple of months.
-Nobi

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Just played Firewatch. It was a pretty excellent experience. I recommend waiting on a sale, however.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Ys Origin at the moment. I've been slowly becoming an Ys junkie the last couple of months.
Ys is sooo good! >D

Lately I've just been playing my Story of Seasons game file.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

So... of course I have to start by saying Undertale took over my life a few months ago. Right before that.. Persona 4.

Right now I'm playing Persona 3 so I can get the story down. I then intend to finish Persona Q for that story so I can feel fulfilled in preparation for Persona 5.

I've been told I need to play Jade Empire and Mass Effect but I've always been more of a fan of high fantasy versus future sci-fi (not that I mind future sci-fi! I loved battlestar galactica. I just have my preferences :3)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Nearly done with Mario and Luigi Paper Jam.