What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
ShadowAce
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by ShadowAce »

I've been playing waaaay too much. No, that's a lie. I keep GETTING way too much!

I'm currently playing Bioshock Infinite, but I also need to restart Ni no Kuni since my First Gen PS3 gave me the yellow light and I lost all my saves. :\ Other than Bioshock, I'm also playing Dead Island: Riptide, Guacamelee! and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

The new Tomb Raider was excellent and I may go back through that for trophies. Very disappointed in God of War: Ascension though. However, we are about a month away from The Last of Us and I'm very excited about that game.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh I forgot to do a little update. I recently played through and finished Policenauts for the Saturn.

I really liked Snatcher (I have both the US Sega CD and Japanese Saturn versions of it, and played through both several times), so I figured I'd enjoy this at least as much. I actually like Policenauts even more than Snatcher -- while I love the cyberpunk and Blade Runner influence in Snatcher, Policenauts had a more original and (I felt) thought-out story behind it. I also got the motivations of the "bad guys" of the story a lot more. So while they're both good, it feels like Kojima was able to put a lot more of his heart into Policenauts.

Anyway, I was about to start up Grandia, but decided to put that on hold for a while so I can focus on the LunarNET upgrades. Once I'm done with at least the game sections (up to the "Lunar 3" part, and maybe even the "SSH" part) I may start on Grandia again. The merch and world sections shouldn't be as complex. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dark Schneider
Meryod Yokel

Post by Dark Schneider »

I started playing Persona 4 Golden today. Well, playing it for real instead of just checking it out a little. I've had the game for a while now but wanted to get through some of my backlog before putting real time into it. This marks my first game in the series. Not sure why I'm just now diving into these games but I gotta say I'm thoroughly enjoying the everliving hell out of it.

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

Dark Schneider wrote:I started playing Persona 4 Golden today. [...] I'm thoroughly enjoying the everliving hell out of it.
P4G is so, so good. That and Virtue's Last Reward have been the games that I've used my Vita for the most.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Lunar The Silver Star

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

NT
Last edited by TempestOne on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Just finished Lunar Silver Star Story Touch again, so I'll likely return to The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. Or another Lunar game.

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

NT

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

The only game I've played in like 2 years was Anodyne (which is a wonderful Zelda-esque that's all about atmosphere, quirky settings, and defying genre tropes in case you are interested in playing it). Maybe I don't belong on a video game message board anymore.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, shush. Of course you belong here.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Still playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, just finished Tales of Xillia and bought a Vita because of the price cut, so I bought Monster Hunter Freedom Ultimate for it, as well as Atelier Totori Plus and Virtue's Last Reward.

I need to get back to Luigi's Mansion at some point.
-Nobi

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Alunissage wrote:Oh, shush. Of course you belong here.
One of us! One of us! One of us!

Anodyne is super cool though. I should have posted about it when I was playing it, but I was too busy with my fieldwork (and Monday I'll be too busy with classes to do too much video game-wise). It's an interesting take on a genre/series (top-down Zelda-esque games) that I really love but am starting to feel is too repetitive.

I really can't describe it though. You play a guy who looks like an elderly professor in a lab coat. You attack with a broom instead of a sword. The music is haunting and when there's music at all. The areas of the game range from the typical lake, mountain, Hylia world that you would expect in Zelda to a circus and a rundown city. The humor is similar to Earthbound's but a bit darker. It's all atmosphere.If you want plot, look elsewhere. I know some people have huge problems with the plot, but it's a relatively short game that kept me engaged. I've watched 90 minute films with no discernible plot (story yes but plot no), so it's not that big of a deal, especially since I understand that the creators weren't going so much for a traditional plot. There's sort of a mystery going on behind the game, but most of that is left up to the player.

It's on Steam for something like 10 dollars. Probably worth the purpose for Zelda fans and fans of games that use experimental narrative techniques.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Puzzle and Dragons.

Don't start, you'll get addicted.
-Nobi

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Right now, playing Tales of Xillia. It's soooooo much better than Graces was. Now I can't wait for Xillia 2 to come out. :3

Also playing The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. I must be weird since I really like Ages. Maybe with Ages I'll actually finally beat a Zelda game! Yes, I've never beaten a Zelda game...which means...yes...I'm a rare soul who has not beaten Ocarina of Time. I stopped in the Shadow Temple and never continued. My best friend gets on me all the time for not beating it yet.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ages is a good game (especially the dungeon puzzles and the bosses), just not as well laid out as some of the others. I think it's because they basically had twice as much world map to fill as in other games but understandably didn't want to put twice as many things to find, so its layout tends to feel less dense. I was replaying it a couple months ago and then stopped right before the last dungeon. I seem to do that a lot with Zelda replays; apparently I like the collecting part best and once I've gotten everything there isn't much urgency to finish the game.

I'm at about the same stage with Mario and Luigi Dream Team: have gotten nearly everything I can before going into the last area.

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

NT

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

TempestOne wrote: Oh, I forgot to mention that I played The Legend Of Zelda™ Oracle Of Seasons™ and it was so, so good!
It's been a while since I played Age and Seasons. But I remember really enjoying Seasons.

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

NT

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

Playing Tales of Xillia. I'm about 15 hours in so far but a lot of that has been grinding and leveling up. It seems like it'll be a good entry in the Tales series and I'm already enjoying it more than Graces f, but I don't think it's gonna end up being better than Vesperia. With Vesperia being my favorite title of the franchise I compare everything else to it. And thus far the music, visuals, character development and character personalities just aren't as appealing to me, though I really do like Alvin. However, I still have a long ways to go so that could all change.

I also started Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD. It's a beautiful game in high definition. I've played Kingdom Hearts 2 multiple times and even some of the spin-off / handheld games more than once, but I've only played KH1 one time... way back in 2002. So there's a lot of that game that I've forgotten and re-playing it now is a pleasant blast from the past. I played yesterday 'til I got to Traverse Town and I keep telling myself I'm gonna finish Xillia before I go any further, but I'm really itching to play it some more.

Oh, and lol @ 358/2 days being reduced to a CG movie for this collection.
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

NT