Bug: missing NPCs in Magic Guild

For discussion of the iOS platform version of Lunar.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Bug: missing NPCs in Magic Guild

Post by Alunissage »

After Alex is imprisoned in the Magic Guild and released, exiting the Guild and reentering will cause at least half of the NPCs to disappear (most of the students and guards). I also found, the hard and tedious way, that they are missing after finishing the Crystal Tower, even if one goes straight to the Tower after being released by Mia and goes through the Tower without exiting it at any time. Rather miffed, as there's dialogue I'm missing. I figured the NPCs being missing before going through the Tower was from some load issue, but I really wasn't expecting it to still be the case after finishing the dungeon.

Subtitles for the cutscene at the top also have "innocence" when it should be "innocents." Heh.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Bug: missing NPCs in Magic Guild

Post by MaroonChan »

That kind of stinks. One thing Lunar always had going was the amusing dialog. I haven't gotten to that point. Haven't touched it for a while.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, so far it looks like only the stuff in the Magic Guild is missing. And the one student who is still there is the one who has Mia's Bromide 4. I'll be interested to see if the NPCs are back after fighting the Crustacean.

It's a shame, though. The students are mostly pretty funny.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Yeah, I always enjoyed reading some of the dialog. Least its just in one area.

Started playing again actually. Figured it can tide me over till my new copy of Lunar EB comes.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hahaha. I was going to make a thread here asking if anyone had noticed the missing NPCs and then found out I'd made a thread about it seven years ago. :D I can say that I figured out why, more or less -- the NPCs that are present are all ones that are still there when most of Vane is evacuated just before the party goes to the Silver Spire. I guess the wrong set of characters was loaded after Mia and the masked woman join the party, and that persists. At least one of the ones that's still there is the one you get Mia's Bromide 2 from.

There are a few other NPC/sprite glitches at the time that Meribia is overrun by monsters -- one person just isn't where she should be at all, and another one is there but invisible, so you can get the dialogue by talking to the table he's supposed to be sitting at -- but I'm guessing that those are more individual glitches. I need to find my PSX saves and start playing them instead, but it's so convenient to play on the phone...except for things like this.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Alunissage wrote:Hahaha. I was going to make a thread here asking if anyone had noticed the missing NPCs and then found out I'd made a thread about it seven years ago. :D I can say that I figured out why, more or less -- the NPCs that are present are all ones that are still there when most of Vane is evacuated just before the party goes to the Silver Spire. I guess the wrong set of characters was loaded after Mia and the masked woman join the party, and that persists. At least one of the ones that's still there is the one you get Mia's Bromide 2 from.

There are a few other NPC/sprite glitches at the time that Meribia is overrun by monsters -- one person just isn't where she should be at all, and another one is there but invisible, so you can get the dialogue by talking to the table he's supposed to be sitting at -- but I'm guessing that those are more individual glitches. I need to find my PSX saves and start playing them instead, but it's so convenient to play on the phone...except for things like this.
You should send in a bug report and your saves. They've been fairly response to other bug reports.