Strange save. And a question

For discussion of Lunar: Legend, the scaled-down port of Lunar 1 for the Game Boy Advance
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Strange save. And a question

Post by jay_are »

I have my Lunar Legend copy that I've owned for about 10 years :)
Yesterday I was looking at my saves and found this:

Slot 1: Completed game
(Censored to avoid spoilers, if anyone still hasn't beaten the game... but thats not the point of this pic)

Slot 2: New game I started but didnt even do anything after you enter Weird Woods.
How in the WORLD does it now say 13 hours?????
I couldn't have possibly left my GBA on for that long :lol:

My friends used this same cartridge to play too, and saves were written over each other on slot 2 before i created that new game, just in case that says anything...

------------

Also, I discovered something cool. I opened the cartridge and discovered that Lunar Legend does not use battery! :D
This means it will keep your save forever! Or does anyone own a copy that wont save anymore?

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Strange save. And a question

Post by Arlia »

I guess you didn't shut it off, and you don't remember. That's about all I can think of.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Arlia wrote:I guess you didn't shut it off, and you don't remember. That's about all I can think of.
I'm thinking it could be a glitch, the game does have some... :P

If i had left it on, I would have to save the game after that, and i would have noticed the time there.
I wouldnt forget something like that :P
I do remember the save file before it happened though, and it had like 000:10.
Then it randomly changed to that while the game was left unused.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I couldn't say, but the save system had to be tweaked a bit in localization (the Japanese game has three save slots, for one) and that introduced other bugs. So it wouldn't surprise me if something else got weird too in that process.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Alunissage wrote:I couldn't say, but the save system had to be tweaked a bit in localization (the Japanese game has three save slots, for one) and that introduced other bugs. So it wouldn't surprise me if something else got weird too in that process.
Difference between JP and US version: The Weird Woods now live up to their name. :lol: