Lunar Touch for iOS releasing this week.

For discussion of the iOS platform version of Lunar.
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar Touch for iOS releasing this week.

Post by jay_are »

Kizyr wrote:
Shiva Indis wrote:According to the app store, the game should have a Japanese language option. Can anyone confirm this?
Y'know I haven't seen a single thing about this in Japanese media. Is it even being released in this market? KF
Vay, which was done by Somoga, seems to have only been released in USA and then a bit later in Europe!
It's likely that the same will go for Lunar.

Also, I know that many of you dont play games on iPhones, but I have gotten a few games before Lunar,
and I noticed that Lunar is the only game I've played that shows low frame rate!
I have some games that are full 3D, and 2D games that are probably emulation or ports, but they work very smoothly if not perfect on a gen 4 iPhone.
But the frame rate in Lunar looks like almost half as smooth as them, as if the system wasn't powerful enough. D: Anyone noticed?
And the menu is glitchy too, I hope an update can fix that.

EDIT: The little glitches I noticed so far include:
*When using magic on a character, and select the character with the d-pad, the cursor just doesnt seem right.
*When buying equipment for a character, it shows that character's face, but if you switch to another character, the face wont change unless you move the cursor

Also, the character moves a little too fast! It's the same speed as the original game, but too fast for an iphone to control easily.
A walk/run option would be good but that's just hoping for too much.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Kizyr wrote:
Shiva Indis wrote:According to the app store, the game should have a Japanese language option. Can anyone confirm this?
Y'know I haven't seen a single thing about this in Japanese media. Is it even being released in this market? KF
It's not available on the Japanese iTunes Store (atleast, not presently).
jay_are wrote:Also, I know that many of you dont play games on iPhones, but I have gotten a few games before Lunar,
and I noticed that Lunar is the only game I've played that shows low frame rate!
I know this was discussed with Vay, the framerate is intentionally reduced (maybe 30fps instead of 60fps or something) on a lot of devices as this massively extends batterylife.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

DevNall wrote: I know this was discussed with Vay, the framerate is intentionally reduced (maybe 30fps instead of 60fps or something) on a lot of devices as this massively extends batterylife.
That makes sense! The other games really drain the battery life of the iPhone.
But still, it would be nice if I could select it on the settings. There is a settings menu in the main screen of Lunar before you load your game, but its disabled so I can't select it. Does Vay have an option to select battery-friendly setting or not?
I wouldnt mind having to charge it often...

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

jay_are wrote:
DevNall wrote: I know this was discussed with Vay, the framerate is intentionally reduced (maybe 30fps instead of 60fps or something) on a lot of devices as this massively extends batterylife.
That makes sense! The other games really drain the battery life of the iPhone.
But still, it would be nice if I could select it on the settings. There is a settings menu in the main screen of Lunar before you load your game, but its disabled so I can't select it. Does Vay have an option to select battery-friendly setting or not?
I wouldnt mind having to charge it often...
You know what, I'm going to start another thread for update suggestions, if you want to add that there.