Ello!

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
The Lemon Merchant
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ello!

Post by The Lemon Merchant »

Hey, ya'll! Lately, I've been replaying my old Lunar games and it appears that my love for it just reignited...And now I'm here! I'm so thankful for this site and all of it's fans to bring together such a neat community. I really hope more people will return to post.

I suppose I should tell a bit about myself. I'm a student and I work part-time at the public library--I actually don't sell lemons, sorry. I'm a bit of a manga nerd and I love making AMV's. A few times I've thought about making a Lunar AMV but I'm not sure whether or not the cutscenes are long enough to actually edit to a full song (of course, that all depends on the song too). Anyway, if anyone has a request, I'd be glad to give it a shot, especially if it's Lunar. And since I've been playing the games, I've been spreading the word to all my pals so hopefully they'll stumble across this beautiful place.

Not that it matters, but Nash, Nall, and Lemina are my favorite characters.

Buh-bye!

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: Ello!

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Welcome! I remember I tried to get a lot of my friends into Lunar back in the day too, lol. With one of them it worked. I would draw Nall and Ruby a lot, and that's what got the one friend interested in the game. She actually bought it after she moved away.

So, what are you favorite mangas, out of curiosity?

The Lemon Merchant
Saith Pirate

I used to draw the baby dragons too when I was younger, haha! I used to be a pretty decent artist back in the day. I believe there's a lot of truth in the saying "if you don't use it, you lose it." Because that's pretty much where I'm at now.

My favorite mangas, hmmm...One of my favorites will probably always be Akira. As for some of the ongoing series, I really like Vinland Saga, Berserk, and this one called Cage of Eden. Have you heard of it? Some of my friends compare it to the TV show Lost. Personally, I don't like Lost, but I love Cage of Eden and they very well may share similar elements for all I know. The author is a major jerk though! At the end of every chapter, it leaves us with cliffhangers. EVERY CHAPTER! Anyway, what do you like?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Welcome aboard. ^_^
-Nobi

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

You sell lemons, like anime, *and* you work at a library?

Ladies and gentlemen, we're looking at a triple threat.

Welcome to the board! I've been planning to replay the Lunars... after this summer. (Xenoblade + summer trip = whoops! Oh, and a dissertation needs to happen somewhere in there.) I'm glad you're rediscovering them!

As for AMVs, as Adele's Rolling in the Deep been done to death yet?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

The Lemon Merchant
Saith Pirate

Thank you for the warm welcome! Triple threat!? Well, I don't know we'll just have to see. As for Adele's "Rolling In the Deep," I'd have to let that one mull over in my head for a bit--it's a good song! I just wouldn't know what anime(s) to use. Any suggestions? I'm willing to give it a shot. After all, any kind of practice is good experience and a chance to improve. xD

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And HE knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us! So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets loose the marmosets on us!!

Anyway, Baby Nall has always been a favourite of mine. <3 I really need to get a new avatar and signature, but I've had little time lately. @_@

Welcome. =)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

The Lemon Merchant wrote:I used to draw the baby dragons too when I was younger, haha! I used to be a pretty decent artist back in the day. I believe there's a lot of truth in the saying "if you don't use it, you lose it." Because that's pretty much where I'm at now.

My favorite mangas, hmmm...One of my favorites will probably always be Akira. As for some of the ongoing series, I really like Vinland Saga, Berserk, and this one called Cage of Eden. Have you heard of it? Some of my friends compare it to the TV show Lost. Personally, I don't like Lost, but I love Cage of Eden and they very well may share similar elements for all I know. The author is a major jerk though! At the end of every chapter, it leaves us with cliffhangers. EVERY CHAPTER! Anyway, what do you like?
I've only heard of Akira and Berserk out of those, lol. I've mainly read older manga, due to lack of time over the last few years. My favorites are probably Trinity Blood, Sailor Moon, and Magic Knight Rayearth. My favorite ongoing series right now is Black Butler.

I want to start reading the manga of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru. I'm really excited that the Umineko manga was just recently licensed for American release by Yen Press! I've been reading the Visual Novel of Umineko, and it's my current obsession, lol.

The Lemon Merchant
Saith Pirate

Arlia wrote:It's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese. And you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And HE knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us! So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets loose the marmosets on us!!
That's it! You nailed it xDD

I used to read Black Butler. It was so unlike me to get into that series, but I couldn't stop myself. THEN the second season of the anime came out and then I was hooked. I didn't care too much about the ending on that one. I think the series would've been better if they just stopped it at the end of the first season. It was a great ending.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

That's it! You nailed it xDD
Heh, good, otherwise that would've been a little strange of me. =p

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

Welcome I'm happy to see some new peeps

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Welcome! ^__^ I hope you have a fun time here!

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **