Xenoblade coming to America!

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Xenoblade coming to America!

Post by Dark_Fairy »

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/09 ... uz4zsz63F4

This will be the first Wii game I've gotten since 2009. :lol:

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: Xenoblade coming to America!

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Trust me, it's SO WORTH IT! I'll be buying it again to show my support for great RPGs in the US! ^_^
-Nobi

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Heard the great news yesterday! I'm so excited! I thought Skyward Sword was going to be last game I get for the Wii, but this changes that! Thanks, NoA!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm so doing this. Unlike my decision with Mother 3, my decision to not import worked out.

By April, I'll have cleaned out my game backlog too.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

Isn't this the game that everyone was mad at Nintendo for not bringing to the US and had no plans of doing such? I looked at that game for a solid couple of hours trying to find a good place to import it and eventually lost track of it. If so I will be pre-ordering this! ( I just forgot the name, but I am pretty sure this is the one. lol)

-WKL-

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Yup, this was it. People we're also mad about The Last Story not coming over here too, which as of now The Last Story STILL isn't coming over here. However, Xenoblade Chronicles was the big one people wanted and now it's coming.

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

I'm going to buy this again as well. I beat it back in September, and it was easily RPG of the year. Here's something to get you guys pumped up. Easily one of the coolest openings ever to grace a video game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyQ7w0hj ... sults_main

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKK0mo7nDac I used my 3DS's Swapnote feature to remind you all that Xenoblade Chronicles comes out APRIL 6th! Spread this video around to remind everyone you know!!
-Nobi

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Dark_Fairy wrote: This will be the first Wii game I've gotten since 2009. :lol:
Sounds about right. ;)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Trust me, it's soooooooooooooooo worth it! :D
-Nobi

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've never preordered through Nintendo's website. Does anyone know about the timeliness of their shipment, or about whether/how they notify before shipping?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Me either. It's not out 'til Friday so I'm going to assume it'll ship that day or the day before.
-Nobi

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I'm about 8 1/2 hours in and loving it sooooooo much. On my way  to Colony 6 to rescue Juju from the faced-Mechon.. Combat is fun and can get challenging at times, The music is just AMAZING, and the world is so much fun to explore. Probably going to work on some side quests for a bit before I continue the main quest. So glad this game finally made it over here!

Also, Nobiyuki, your Swapnote skills are impressive!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Thanks! The game is absolutely amazing, and a game no fan of Japanese RPGs should miss! I'm so glad it finally got released in America! ^_^

I bought my copy from Nintendo directly so I'm waiting for it to arrive, but I'm just playing the Euro version in the mean time. :D
-Nobi

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Waiting too with considerable eagerness. This coming weekend promises to be a good one.

ETA: The status on Nintendo's website is perplexing though. It says the ship date is today, and has said so since Friday. It's also had "shipped" listed since Friday, but I can't track the shipment on UPS's website. Is this just a case of delay due to so many orders being processed?
Sonic#

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sonic# wrote:Waiting too with considerable eagerness. This coming weekend promises to be a good one.

ETA: The status on Nintendo's website is perplexing though. It says the ship date is today, and has said so since Friday. It's also had "shipped" listed since Friday, but I can't track the shipment on UPS's website. Is this just a case of delay due to so many orders being processed?
I don't really know, I can see mine on UPS but it hasn't updated since Departure Scan. I dunno what's up. :/
-Nobi

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

I picked mine up on Friday, unfortunately due to the holiday weekend I immediately had to travel out of town and just got back home yesterday. So... I haven't had a chance to fire up Xenoblade Chronicles yet.

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

DragonmasterDan wrote:I picked mine up on Friday, unfortunately due to the holiday weekend I immediately had to travel out of town and just got back home yesterday. So...
Same here, 'cept I brought mine home with me and confiscated my moms Wii for the weekend lol

-WKL-

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Finally arrived in the mail! Now to play it again! :D
-Nobi

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

The Last Story is coming to NA this summer, it's in my current edition of Game Informer.
Any one think that the BGM sounds like Wild Arms 2/3? It sure seems to me like they're the same.
So far I have no real big complaints on the game itself. I do find myself getting lost in the world looking for those blue gems and then stumbling into a lvl 82 monstrosity. It made me dust off my Wii for once, and this is the system that is getting all of my attention these weeks.

-WKL-