New Thundercats?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New Thundercats?

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Anyone here watching the new Thundercats reboot/remake on Cartoon Network?

I watched the original Thundercats back in elementary school when it was on Toonami right before Sailor Moon. I liked it when I had watched back then, but I honestly don't remember much of it, lol.

Anyway, I've been watching the new reboot/remake of Thundercats on Cartoon Network, and I absolutely love it! Like I said, I don't remember the original very much, but I remember enough to know it's REALLY, REALLY different from the original. If I remembered more of the original, my opinion might be different than it is right now.

Which...I really should watch the original again. I have season 1 of the original on DVD I've had it for a while now and haven't watched it yet...fail. I should compare the first four episodes of the new to the first four of the original at some point.

Also: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-a1LzbgYcrVg/T ... 24x768.jpg Willykit & Willykat remind me of Nall and Ruby in their human forms (if they were younger, lol) in this reboot/remake.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: New Thundercats?

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I'm a HUGE Thundercats fan and I absolutely love this new series. This is the proper way to reboot a franchise. It's very different from the '80's show, but still pays enough homage to it so it doesn't feel like a huge departure from the original. Animation is top-notch, the voice acting is well-done, and I'm really digging the story so far.

The final moment of last night's episode when  The Thundertank appeared on-scene and Panthro started kicking Mutant ass was fantastic.

Never noticed that about the Wilykit and Wilykat, but holy cow...I also see the resemblance, now that you mention it.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I completely agree. The animation and VAs are fantastic. I haven't seen a good cartoon that's not anime like this in a LOOOOONG time. Really, not since Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Last night's episode was amazing in general. Every episode Lion-O has learned something new thus far, but last night's lesson was touching and kind of sad. Then it got completely awesome at the end when  Panthro came in and starting kicking butt. I agree. XD

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

The "learning lessons" formula they seem to be sticking to at the moment is neat. Lion-O is a Prince, so he doesn't really know life beyond his kingdom. These lessons are showing him that there is more to Thundera than he knows. What he learns will ultimately make him a better King. The story in the reboot is definitely a much more serious take on the original.

I don't think I've watched Cartoon Network since they killed off Toonami. More shows like this would make me tune in more.

Also, I hope this series takes off in popularity and we get a video game....as long as it's a GOOD video game.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

They've already released some action figures, but a video game would be amazing! Hopefully the new Thundercats becomes pretty popular. I think it deserves to be. This reminds me of what cartoons used to be like back when I was younger...cartoons that actually had action plus an awesome story. Most of the cartoons nowadays are pretty mindless (not all, but most). It's nice to see a cartoon on that is really enjoyable.

It's been a while since I've watched anything on Cartoon Network myself. I had been watching some of the anime on Adult Swim, but then I stopped after a while. As for the main part of Cartoon Network itself, I also stopped watching it after they got rid of Toonami.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Not the biggest thundercats fan. However, I am the biggest boy meets world fan that there is. After I found out Will Friedle will be playing the voice of Lion-O, I figured I'd give thundercats another go! :3

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Thanks for sharing guys! I used to love Thundercats as a kid so this is going on my DVR list for sure.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I never really watched the original when it was on Toonami. Every now and then I'd watch a clip or two between channels but I did see the trailer for the new one and I'm kinda into it and wanna watch it but I don't have CN up here at school D:

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Just about everything is getting an awesome reboot these days. Even the new My Little Pony is actually watchable, hard as that was believe.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

brit wrote:I never really watched the original when it was on Toonami. Every now and then I'd watch a clip or two between channels but I did see the trailer for the new one and I'm kinda into it and wanna watch it but I don't have CN up here at school D:
It's really amazing and definitely worth watching if you can. One of the best cartoons I've watched in a long time.
LunarRaptor wrote:Just about everything is getting an awesome reboot these days. Even the new My Little Pony is actually watchable, hard as that was believe.
A lot of shows seem to be getting a lot of awesome reboots. Video games...not so much, lol. I hate to admit it, but I have enjoyed watching the new My Little Pony series. I just wanted to see why everyone loved it so much. I had a hard time understanding why everyone on the internet was thinking My Little Pony was suddenly the best thing ever. Then I watched it and it was actually pretty good for what was suppose to be a kids show. :lol:

But as for Thundercats, I'm sad that no new episodes are going to be on for a little while. It made me sad seeing Star Wars on instead of Thundercats yesterday. :cry:

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Seeing Star Wars on TV instead wouldn't be so bad is the very same man that created it wasn't hellbent on turning it into a bigger punchline than Charlie Sheen has become.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

LunarSilverStar
Meribian Merchant

Post by LunarSilverStar »

I freaking love this Thundercats reboot!