[jpn] TV commercial

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I seem to recall Lucia referring to him as a "Dark God" very early on in the game, but I can't think of a specific quote. Either way, I always interpreted that Zophar was a God that wanted to control Lunar, but it was Althena's territory, so he couldn't really have it until he controlled her power.

But anyway, even if I'm wrong, and Zophar wasn't a god, maybe that purple-haired woman is something like Zophar was.

All I'm really saying is that we shouldn't be jumping to the conclusion that that's Althena just yet.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, if I ever have the time to play SSSC again, I'll see if I can find something that says that she was reborn before.

I also recall that Zophar was the God of destruction. I should replay EBC again too.

Also, I find it hard to believe that it is possible for the white dragon to not be Quark. Remember, Nall was in his pressumed 20's after being around for 1015 years. Since quark is more in his 80's, one can assume that he was around since the begginning. (I also remember that he was the chief of the dragon clan, was he not?)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

The T.V. commercial for Lunar Genesis was nice and short. I hope the music playing in the background is a sign of great times to come.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

phyco126 wrote:(I also remember that he was the chief of the dragon clan, was he not?)

He called himself a tetrarch. That just means that he's one of four, not necessarily the leader of the four. A tetrarchy is a governmental system with four governors.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

That could be intresting. Four of what though? Evil god's? Evil beings? Maybe, of 4 gods? Althena, Zophar... Perhapes Lucia and whatever may appear in DS? Of course, I'm just assuming that Lucia was a demi-goddess at the very least.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

phyco126 wrote:That could be intresting. Four of what though? Evil god's? Evil beings? Maybe, of 4 gods? Althena, Zophar... Perhapes Lucia and whatever may appear in DS? Of course, I'm just assuming that Lucia was a demi-goddess at the very least.

Dragons. He was responding to your question about Quark :P
-Rich-

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:
phyco126 wrote:(I also remember that he was the chief of the dragon clan, was he not?)

He called himself a tetrarch. That just means that he's one of four, not necessarily the leader of the four. A tetrarchy is a governmental system with four governors.

No...we had this discussion a few months ago. It's "patriarch". You'll see this in the SSSC scene script, and while it's hard to make out which it is on the TSS track (I listened to it eight or nine times when this came up before) it's almost certain that it'd be the same word in both versions, as there was no need to change that particular part.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:
Lunar Eclipse wrote:

No...we had this discussion a few months ago. It's "patriarch". You'll see this in the SSSC scene script, and while it's hard to make out which it is on the TSS track (I listened to it eight or nine times when this came up before) it's almost certain that it'd be the same word in both versions, as there was no need to change that particular part.

...I've listened to it about as many times, if not more. I'm still convinced that it's Tetrarch in TSS, but Patriarch in SSS.

There're a number of reasons why it could've been changed, chief of which might be confusion. More people know what a Patriarch is than a Tetrarch. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Eh? I've only played SSSC and I was absolutely convinced that he said tetrarch. I've seen that video so many times too . . .

I guess I should listen more closely, but it seems weird that I would, in my mind, replace a more common word like patriarch with a less common word like tetrarch unless that was what I really heard. :?

Edit: Um, I just listened to it here at the LunarEB fansite, and I still swear that it's tetrarch. Even though the t/p sound at the beginning could go either way, I only hear two syllables when patriarch should have three. I'm now extremely perplexed.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I just checked the strategy guide. They have scripts for the different scenes. In SSSC, it's patriarch. It seems like it's an easy line to mishear though.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I feel as if it was either misspoken by the VA or written incorrectly in the guide. I really can't see how what he said could be taken as "patriarch".

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

drumlord wrote:Dragons. He was responding to your question about Quark :P

Whoops ^^;

And yeah, I really really really really really really hate to say this, but I just listened to the movie with my speakers up all the way (old crappy speakers, so it wasn't too loud :P) and listened to the part where he says who he is 5 times. Well, there is no mistakeing that T, so maybe it is tetrarch.

I think it's time for someone to send an e-mail to Vic :P G1?

As for the Strategy guide, it is possible it is wrong, I seem to recall not all the scripts not being 100% accurate. Like when you watch a movie with the caption on, you see that what they actors say is sometimes differant in the caption.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Yeah, that most definitely says tetrarch.
-Rich-

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Those are some decent screens IMO. The graphics for the backgrounds are looking much better. Even the sprites are starting to look smoother. It really seems like this game will be one of those that looks better in motion.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

What the hell? Are they fighting the dragons?!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:What the hell? Are they fighting the dragons?!

...maybe.

You remember the Dragon Fiends, right? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You mean from EBC? Yeah, but that's 2000 years in the future, when Althena's religion was converted to some sort of cult.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

We don't know that the fiends only showed up because of that.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Looking at those pictures on IGN, the characters are at level 61 and seem to have very minimal magic points for such a high level. Btw, Quark says "I am Quark, Tetrarch of the Dragon Tribe" in the original Lunar. I don't recall what he says in Lunar Silver Star Story, except for "I am Quark, previously known as Joan Rivers without the face lift." Yeah, you be fugly.

I think the game will look much better when we play it, and see it in motion. The commercial made it look decent.