Oh Omegle...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Oh Omegle...

Post by Jenner »

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Oh Omegle...

Post by Sonic# »

It took me years to figure out that, when people (mostly girls, a few guys) were asking me to roleplay over AIM, we often didn't mean the same thing.

EDIT: My attempts.

"You: Do you roleplay?
Stranger: 25 m horny
You: You are in a dark room. The sound of dripping water echoes from the east. Light comes down from the aperture above you, revealing a rough-hewn cobblestone floor.
Stranger: I would have my dick in a -Plantella- at that time
You: You have put Richard in the cat. It hisses and glares at you, and wanders into the darkness east.
Your conversational partner has disconnected."

"Stranger: sup
You: Heya!
Stranger: how r u
You: I m g
You: u
Stranger: ok
You: ... whoa. I didn't realize that typing in single letters would be comprehensible. I must share this information with my friends.
You: Good day, sir and or madam!
You have disconnected."

"Stranger: Hi! Gay guy here.
You: Why does that matter? O_o
Stranger: because it's who I am
Stranger: if you don't like it then GTFo
You: I'm fine with it. But I think you should be so much more than a sexual orientation.
Stranger: I am. I just like to say it to get it out of the way.
You: Ahh, I see.
You: Then hi! Star Wars fan here.
Stranger: Star Trek fan here.
You have disconnected."

Of course, after I do a few of these, I feel like as much of an arse as the people I'm trolling.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic#, I would've disconnected with you too if I found you were a Star Wars fan.

I've been toggling between the following:
  • Opening up with a Klingon greeting
  • Opening up with "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" (and continuing with more lines from the same Star Trek TNG episode)
  • Pretending to be a Chinese gold farmer selling WoW gold (I RAN INTO SOMEONE ELSE SELLING RUNESCAPE GOLD THIS WAY)
  • Speaking in Chinese (AND I RAN INTO TWO PEOPLE FROM CHINA THIS WAY SO FAR)
I actually ended up having one really long conversation with someone from Yunnan once. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Kizyr wrote:Sonic#, I would've disconnected with you too if I found you were a Star Wars fan.
What about folks like me, who like both Star Wars and Star Trek? :)

Mirab, his sails unfurled.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:
Kizyr wrote:Sonic#, I would've disconnected with you too if I found you were a Star Wars fan.
So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Werefrog wrote:
Dragonmaster Lou wrote:
So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth.
Feh, I'm just a general science fiction fan and I like both franchises in different ways. :P
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

This is Phyco126 and I approve of this message.

Seriously, trolling looks fun. But I'm not much of a troll, sadly enough. I guess you could say that, I'm forever alone. ='(

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:What about folks like me, who like both Star Wars and Star Trek? :)
Sokath, his eyes uncovered! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:

I actually like both. But at that point, I didn't really feel like carrying the conversation further, so I was happiest about disconnecting.

Sokath, his eyes uncovered.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Me: People read the post with amusement and laughter. You decide to hit "Post" to reply and join in the fun.

Undine
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Undine »

Gilgamesh and Enkidu, at Uruk! ::handclasp::

....sorry I love that episode.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:What about folks like me, who like both Star Wars and Star Trek? :)
I'm right there with yah. I've loved Star Wars since I was little. I never truly appreciated Star Trek until I got older, though. I check trekmovie.com and theforce.net every day. (:

On topic: Omegle. Yah.. never did much for me. Every time I was on there the other person would just ask me if I was female. Soon as I said "no" they disconnected. That happened more than three times in a row on several occasions. I haven't been on there much since.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've found that the reported male/female ratio to be about 60:40.

For me, the age barrier is a problem. Most of the time, I end up actually having conversations with 16 year olds. Most times, it's difficult to find things to talk about after a point.
Sonic#

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I thought the point of this thing wasn't all about meaningful conversations. I thought it was all about the trolling.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ardent Fox wrote:I thought the point of this thing wasn't all about meaningful conversations. I thought it was all about the trolling.
It's about random conversation. It can be about mutual trolling, or it can be about just talking in a venue where you don't know (and don't have to know) the other person. The people who ask ASL irritate me the most, though I am a little hard on them. Don't they get it? I can be anything!

When I point this out they normally disconnect.
Sonic#

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Sonic# wrote:
Ardent Fox wrote:I thought the point of this thing wasn't all about meaningful conversations. I thought it was all about the trolling.
The people who ask ASL irritate me the most, though I am a little hard on them. Don't they get
I have to admit this ASL would be the first thing I would ask if I were going to troll on this. Then again, the point of trolling is to irritate people. It may not be a creative troll, but it would get the job done.