The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

This is my new favorite movie.

"Well-crafted" doesn't even begin to cover it. There are so many little details that have gone into every minuscule part of the movie. Every time I watch it I notice something new. The characters are incredibly realistic, and the plot is fantastic. And every time it looks like it's going to do something you expect, something different happens. And there are so many scenes that can't be described as anything other than ingenious and/or artistic. Scenes that would generally be insignificant or clichéd are given new meaning and subtext just by the way they're portrayed. In addition, the voice acting is some of the best I've ever heard, in both English and Japanese. And such a wonderful soundtrack tying everything together.

The movie is exactly what it says on the cover. It's about this girl, and she's gained the ability to leap through time. And stuff happens. Honestly, anything more than that is a spoiler.

I can't highly recommend this movie enough. Particularly if you enjoy Miyazaki films, this one is more than worth tracking down, although I think it's a movie that almost anyone could enjoy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Post by phyco126 »

Is it really that good? Its on my netflix rental list, but its towards the bottom. I haven't watched Anime in sometime, I should probably move it to the top.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Yeah, it's really that good. I think even people who hate anime would love it. You won't regret moving it to the top (which you should.)

Let me put it this way. If it was ever released on blu-ray, I'd buy it, even though I already have the limited edition DVD. Which is an honest to god limited edition complete with the OST and a fancy box.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I moved it to the top. It wasn't as far down on the bottom as I wanted. I also decided to reorganize the next few shipments so that I have a balance of comedy, action, and other (aka, sci-fi, fantasy, family, anime, etc)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

A friend told me about it. I like time travel stuff so I'd like to see it. Maybe I'll track it down sometime. Not anytime soon. I have a ton of anime to watch, plus at the moment I'm broke.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I love that movie~
my friend showed me it, and i just loved it then a few months later i saw it in stores and just had to buy it, spending the last of my money.

it's such a great movie, the story is wonderful. I like the Japanese voices more then the English, but that might just be, because i watched it in Japanese the first time.
I definitely recommend watching it

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Definitely an excellent movie.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

lunasinger13
Pao Hunter

Post by lunasinger13 »

I loved this movie too! It actually reminded me a lot of Hayao Miyazaki's style, with its attention to everyday life and friendships. :)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I liked the movie a great deal, but the ended tugged at my heart. I liked the idea of how the little things for the better good end up causing horrible consequences.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

I loved that movie. :) We Netflicksed it quite some time ago... if I see it on sale somewhere or used I might even buy it. The animation was so pretty. And it did remind me of Miyazaki too!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I guess I know what to see next then. Maybe by the end of this week. :D Thanks for the recommendation.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time