NPD numbers?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

NPD numbers?

Post by GhaleonOne »

Has anyone found NPD numbers for SSH? NeoGAF didn't have them posted for Lunar when they released them. I'd like to update the site with that info, but can't without finding them.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: NPD numbers?

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I find it kind of funny how you're expecting NeoGaf to supply you with sales figures for Lunar, considering the venomous hate most people on there have for XSEED's localization.

Also, most of the sales figures only include March sales so that isn't going to be an accurate presentation of sales to the present date.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I find it kind of funny how you're expecting NeoGaf to supply you with sales figures for Lunar, considering the venomous hate most people on there have for XSEED's localization.

Also, most of the sales figures only include March sales so that isn't going to be an accurate presentation of sales to the present date.
The game was released in March.. how is it not going to be accurate? It'll be a hell of a lot more accurate than VGChartz. Granted, it won't have April sales in it, but that can easily be mentioned in any news story done on NPD sales.

Either way, nobody's posted it anywhere that I can see, so it's moot.
-G1

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

Could you inform me what the NPD Numbers are? I would gladly do some searching in my spare time. Thanks
WKL

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I've been searching for the numbers too. Kindy funny though....when I googled Lunar Silver Star Harmony NPD number, the first link that appeared was for this thread. :lol: I'll keep looking around for them.......

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

G1, as I said I was talking about sale accuracy to the present date. I posted a question to Jess, so we'll see if she got any info on it. Once we have some numbers we should compare them to VGChartz to see the difference.

The game is going to be a slow burner I think, with the majority of fans picking it up right at launch and then some latecomers who didn't have the money. It will be bad if it already starts to end up in the bargain bin, but good for the buyer obviously.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

VGChartz is definitely higher than it really is, but still, it'll be nice to see the first months sales.

And perhaps this Amazon push will help things. I'll make an update about that here in a bit.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I don't know if it's really worth an update, because this is a one-day only sale as deal of the day in games.

I also want to let you know that Jess isn't able to reveal the sales numbers publically, but that the game sold "fairly well" as she stated but nothing out of the ballpark. We can only hope the game gets a resurgence in sales or sells steadily. NeoGaf seems to have only released console sales numbers for systems.

Word of mouth seems to be the only way to keep interest in the game afloat, and hopefully Amazon sells a good amount during their deal of the day.

I think we need to put together a Lunar retrospective to create some buzz, but it's not like we have all that much to work with considering the low number of games. All we'd be talking about is remakes. :P

Edit: The Amazon Deal of Day is listed as Sold Out now.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I didn't expect she'd be able to give any kind of figures. I had just hoped someone would have found some NPD numbers or something to give some kind of indication. And I was more or less just going to do a "Hey, Lunar was #2 in sales today on Amazon!" update sort of thing, but it would have been better had I seen the deal in the morning. With it being sold out it's kinda pointless now.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I have a feeling that the game sales are somewhere in the late 20k's to low 30's. I wonder how many Amazon was selling to the point where they were out of stock on the sale item, as the game was still in stock.

Arcana
Meribian Merchant

Post by Arcana »

Have they still not released anything yet?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Nope, not a peep. We're already into the third month after release so the game has lost what little momentum it had.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I still think it sold pretty decent from everything I've heard. Not the numbers VGChartz listed, but still not bad.
-G1

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Wierd question: Why isn't the company allowed to publisize sales figures?

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

What was VGChartz saying anyway? Everytime I try to browse the site it crashes Firefox :/

I can imagine it was a success for them. Smaller companies don't need super-massive numbers to thrive on.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

ShindoW wrote:Wierd question: Why isn't the company allowed to publisize sales figures?
I don't think it's that the company isn't allowed to release sales figures, but rather that the company doesn't allow its employees to release sales figures.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

fates wrote:What was VGChartz saying anyway? Everytime I try to browse the site it crashes Firefox :/

I can imagine it was a success for them. Smaller companies don't need super-massive numbers to thrive on.
From what I recall VGChartz was touting like 41,000 or so. I forget if that was for sales or pre-orders though.