Twilight: Eclipse

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Twilight: Eclipse

Post by phyco126 »

Anyone planning on watching it? There is a new trailer out now, you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33WgiJprzN4

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: Twilight: Eclipse

Post by Shiva Indis »

Awesome.

Faith in humanity +1.
「まあいいけど。」

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Looks much better than the last one.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I find the experimental turn they're taking with the movie quite intriguing.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Oh god, make it stop.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I know! It looks absolutely great. The trailer left me wanting so much more, but alas, I just have to wait.

=P

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I'll see it. First I need to see New Moon which I will as soon it comes out on dvd and arrives. :lol: JACOB! *drools*

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I've seen Twilight and New Moon. New Moon is so much better from the aspect of special effects. I seriously hated the campy running and battle scenes from Twilight.

I'm actually looking forward to the nature images from the movie. I'm always a sucker for fairy tale-esq nature scenes. They fill my dreams with their peaceful.

Still, did you watch the trailer that I linked above? It's awesome. I bet you never seen it before. :D

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Nah, didn't watch it. Heard its supposedly coming out in June or something.

Honestly Twilight was okay, but in comparison to the book it just wasn't as good. I'm a big Twilight fan girl. Got loads of stuff from it in my room. =3 My family curses it. Yet the amusing thing is, my mom brought the books into the house! She bought em cause she wanted to read them, but never did. Eventually I gave them a shot and got hooked and immediately picked up the rest of the books. And normally I don't go for vampire stuff, of course its not violent or scary so that's probably one reason. Plus the romance. I know people always hate how they portrayed the vampires, but I think its rather clever.

Can't say anything about New Moon yet. Gotta wait for the dvd. I was gonna go see it, but it didn't happen. Thus, my mom is paying for the dvd. =3 Waiting for that and the Twilight graphic novel.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You should really watch the trailer I linked to. I can guarantee you that it is never anything you seen. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It comes out June 30. I've thought about reading the books, but honestly I just can't bring myself to read them on principle. It's bad enough that I like the movies. =/

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Jenner wrote:Oh god, make it stop.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

phyco126 wrote:You should really watch the trailer I linked to. I can guarantee you that it is never anything you seen. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It comes out June 30. I've thought about reading the books, but honestly I just can't bring myself to read them on principle. It's bad enough that I like the movies. =/
Awww...you should! Their really good. Her other book "The Host" is really good too. Apparently that is being made into a movie. I'm hoping she might continue that one.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I don't know, I'm having problems with the current book I'm reading now (A romance novel by Nickolas Sparks). All these woman fantasy stereotypes are starting to make me feel degraded.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

How comes? And what book by the way? I have one of his "Dear John." Have yet to read it though. Right now working on the Shannara series by Terry Brooks. (which I totally recommend! XD)

I'm a sucker for romance stuff so I tend to like stuff with it. Though I don't like stuff that is too scary. Lol, I'm a wimp.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The reasoning is a bit more personal, but the plot is so predictable (well, the romance plot itself, not the other plot devices). Can't say I'm not innocent in my own writings, but meh.

In any event, I'm reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Oh that. I remember seeing trailers for the movie. Anyway, I won't ask if its personal. =3

Back on topic I'll see this movie. Hopefully when its actually in theaters. :lol: Maybe their bring out more Jacob merchandise. =3

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

This is probably my most hated series of all time. I'll just copy and paste what I said in a different topic.

The series is nothing but poorly written garbage. The two leads are suicidal emos, the love story is forced and ridiculous, the climax of the series consists of two groups staring at each other and then walking away, Jacob falls in love with a 1 year old, and the writing is flat out terrible. There are some really ridiculous parts as well. Such as Bella being fine with Edward breaking into her house and spying on her when she sleeps. That's flat out definition abuse, but teenage girls overlook this because "Edward is teh cooooolest!", and all teens want to be watched over by Edward... it kind of makes me lose faith in humanity. Not to mention that Edward isn't even a good character to begin with. He isn't deep, interesting, cool, realistic, or likable in any sense of the word.

Oh and did I mention that the series has over 50 known plot holes? I mean damn I could stand some plot holes, but over 50?! How can someone possibly defend this poorly written rubbish?

Okay, that ends my rant.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

For me, its entertainment. I like the story as far as romance goes (I'm a sucker for that crap). I look past the non-realistic aspects of the story simply because I know its a movie.

However, Edward stalking her and her loving it has been something I'm not too fond of, and I openly make fun of it every chance I get.

However Brightshield, you should watch the trailer that I linked to. I bet you'll like it, especially if that's how you feel about it. :D

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Well, my opinion is you gotta keep in mind (as far as realistic goes) that it is a fantasy series. Not that you aren't entitled to your opinion. I just don't agree. Lol, I'm a huge Twilight fan so, yeah. XD

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

For me, its entertainment. I like the story as far as romance goes (I'm a sucker for that crap). I look past the non-realistic aspects of the story simply because I know its a movie.

I like a good love story every now and then myself, but I'd hardly call this series good.

However, Edward stalking her and her loving it has been something I'm not too fond of, and I openly make fun of it every chance I get.

Yeah, I don't get how that's supposed to be romantic or sweet... it's just weird.

Lol, I'm a huge Twilight fan so, yeah. XD

I can accept that, tons of women do like the series. I just don't understand why.