The Stuff We Need to Remember (SPOILERS ABOUT SECRET ITEMS)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Final Night
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Stuff We Need to Remember (SPOILERS ABOUT SECRET ITEMS)

Post by Final Night »

I don't know about anyone else, but it's been a little while since I played an incarnation of Silver Star (Lunar Legend was my last), so some of the little details as far as items to pick up, enemies to fight (like the chiro tails mentioned in the other thread), and etc. are hard to remember.

So I thought I'd stick this up here for us to all remind ourselves of those little things. I'm too proud to actually download a guide, haha.

Someone refresh me on what you need to do to get the Rememberizer?

Also, I forgot to buy the soap, oy!
† Final Night †

sux2bme
Nanza Bandit

Re: The Stuff We Need to Remember (while playing)

Post by sux2bme »

not sure but does this game still have the part where if you trade the fortune cane to the old hag along with the water cane, do you get the ice cane in return just like in SSC version after you've hooked her up with ghaleon? :lol:

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

You need to get the bromides from Ramus then buy the Reminiscer, according to the guide. If you dont get the Bromides first he wont sell them to you if you dont get the mirror first.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

@sux2bme: Apparently, you can still offer up the Fortune Cane. Not sure if it still results in you getting the better cane later, though. I'm not there yet.

@ShindoW: I thought it was the reverse? Like, you have to buy the Reminiscer first. If you buy out the bromides, he closes shop and you can't get the Reminiscer any more.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:@sux2bme: Apparently, you can still offer up the Fortune Cane. Not sure if it still results in you getting the better cane later, though. I'm not there yet.

@ShindoW: I thought it was the reverse? Like, you have to buy the Reminiscer first. If you buy out the bromides, he closes shop and you can't get the Reminiscer any more.
Yeah, I thought it was that too, according to the guide. Let me check...yeah you gotta buy the Reminiscer first for 65,000 silver.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Okay, spoilers abound here! This is following what I remember from SSSC, I'm assuming it's the same for SSH, but if it has changed, feel free to correct me.

Make sure you have Ramus in your party and give 30 Silver to the guy in Burg before leaving. Otherwise the bromides won't appear in his shop.

You can get the rememberizer from Ramus after Alex becomes a Dragonmaster, and before going to the Frontier.

Make sure you go to the girl's spring in the forest BEFORE leaving for the Frontier. After leaving for the Fontier you won't be able to watch the bathing cutscenes. D:

If you talk to Lily in Reza before entering the Grindery, you get the gale ring.

If you talk to Damon before entering the Grindery, you get the hell ring.

Talk to the chief of Lann before Nash destroys the airship and choose the first option. Talk to the chief again before entering the Grindery and he'll give you Ghaleon's Tear.

When searching for fake Dragonmaster Zoc on Lann island, be sure to return to Lann and speak to the man who lent you his boat. After becoming the Dragonmaster, return to Lann and speak to him, he will give you one of Jess's bromides.

After Kyle takes out Xenobia's gang in Nanza, don't talk to him right away. Instead, go down to his room and check out his bed for one of Jess's bromides.

After Meribia is invaded, talk to a man on Black Rose street for Royce's bromide.

I can do more of the bromides, if you guys are interested, but I assume most of you know where they are & how to get them. I figure the ones I listed are harder to remember though.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I know the Lann/Jessica one and the Vile Tribe ones are now all in Ramus' shop... because I could never find the VT ones since they were scattered, but I was relieved to see that in the guide. (EDIT: "Meribia -- after meeting Kyle, 5000s each in Ramus' shop. Pick them up when Meribia is in ruin. If you buy all 3 then the Reminiscer will no longer be for sale" Also, I didnt see one for Jessica in Lann in the guide. Looks like its Ramus shop again.

Jessica and Mia's #2 bromides are "Meribia -- after fighting magic emperor when you awake in Meribia -- talk to Ramus twice and he gives them to you"

Luna 1, Jessica 3, and Mia 3 are all in the epilogue. First one is free and the other 2 are for sale. Doesnt state anything regarding the reminiscer.

There are also 2 items for sale in Ramus shop that give special arts to Jessica and Kyle.

Sorry about the mix up. I knew you had to make sure to buy one before the other. XD Here's the quote from the guide, "Reminiscer -- Meribia, before going to the Frontier -- If you buy the three bromides before this then he will no longer sell it. 65000s"

I should type up the rest of the secrets in the guide... but itd be better for you to buy it. :D

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, the thing with Jessica's Bromide 2 being in Lann is only in SSSC -- it's one of the things WD changed to make the unofficial Prima guide not be useful for this.

If you don't have or want the guide but want this information, the best thing to check is Kizyr's J to E differences for SSSC. Not much was changed from the Saturn MPEG / PS version for this one. The Vile Tribe ones are not "now" in Ramus's shop, they were always in his shop except for the WD game.

You do not get the ice cane if you only give the Hag the Waterflow Staff. I'm not there in the US game, but in the Japanese game this was the case.

Need to edit the title of this thread to specify that it's full of spoilers about secrets, not just things like story background or gameplay. Some people actually like to find this stuff themselves, you know.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: The Stuff We Need to Remember (SPOILERS ABOUT SECRET ITEMS)

Post by ShindoW »

So you're saying WD changed SSSC from the Japanese... to what? Make the bromides more difficult to get? Im a little confused.

Sorry about the stuff, I just figured I would answer what people had asked XD I'll use spoiler tags next time. ;)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, to make the bromides more difficult to find. Though the real motivation was probably to give the official guide exclusive content; the unofficial (Prima) guide was based on the Japanese games and therefore has incorrect information for the WD game. Although an unintended side effect of this moving was to make Jess's Bromide 2 far more obscure than intended because it got tied to the wrong conversation flag. Most people missed it even if looking for it because the way to set the flag to get it is essentially to be a weaker player; if you had no trouble doing all of Lann Island without returning to the mainland then you miss the bromide because you don't talk to the boatman at the right time to set the flag.

Not all of the bromides were changed, only a few. Read the J to E differences on the SSSC page of the main site for this information. The last section is on bromide and item locations.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ShindoW wrote:So you're saying WD changed SSSC from the Japanese... to what? Make the bromides more difficult to get? Im a little confused.

Sorry about the stuff, I just figured I would answer what people had asked XD I'll use spoiler tags next time. ;)
Check the end of here:
http://www.lunar-net.com/sssc/sss_diff.php
it lists the Bromide differences in the SSS (Saturn), SSS (Playstation), and SSS (NA Playstation) versions. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

I just read from someone that there's an enemy that drops Soap. Anyone happen to know what enemy that is?
† Final Night †

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Official guide says: Cannon Foot and Vorpal Boar drop Soap. IIRC, it was only 1000s on the Orca when I palyed last night. I just snagged 1 since I recall gathering at least 2 in the main game.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I bought 4 Soaps on the Orca. Does that make me a pervert? :lol:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, you get two in the main game, and you only need a total of three in this game (and the other non-WD versions, etc etc).

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

whitedragon_nall wrote:I bought 4 Soaps on the Orca. Does that make me a pervert? :lol:
It makes you prepared.
FOR CLEANLINESS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

whitedragon_nall wrote:I bought 4 Soaps on the Orca. Does that make me a pervert? :lol:
If I recall I bought that many too.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It makes you prepared.
FOR CLEANLINESS. KF
^This.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

I definitely shouldn't play when I'm tired. I actually DID buy soap, oy.
† Final Night †