*UPDATE!* LUNAR:SSH PREVIEW plus LE Packaging Box!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

*UPDATE!* LUNAR:SSH PREVIEW plus LE Packaging Box!

Post by Silver Phoenix »

XSEED posted this Gamespot "On the Spot" Preview which includes the box for the Limited Edition, and it looks lovely. It makes me wonder what else they had originally wanted to include.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/lunarha ... eo/6250181 (3:59)

*UPDATE* I have a direct link to the Daily Demo Lunar:SSH video segment now so you don't have to dig through the 25 minute video that was originally made. XSEED deserves major respect for this release, so show them you appreciate it! Also, thanks to Ricardo Torres for allowing XSEED to showcase the game.

The game will be released on March 2nd.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: LUNAR:SSH "On the Spot" PREVIEW plus LE Packaging Box!

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Nice preview! Glad to see it covered on one of the bigger gaming sites.

Was this the first time we heard of all 13 bromides getting cards? I was under the impression we were only getting the 6 shown in the packaging pic.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

No, it has always been 13 bromide cards of all of the girls in the game. I didn't watch the entire 25 minute video, but there are some interesting things in there to check out. The guy talking during the Wii segment was killing me with his lisp. Not a good idea to have him announcing things for long segments.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I have really gotta do a news round-up for the site tomorrow. I'm slacking bad.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You need some spankies? I think you do. Btw, I hope you're over your sickness from your b-day.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I haven't watched the segment yet, but I don't recall seeing any mention of more cards than the six shown in promo shots. Actually, I'm not fond of the idea of the cards being a pack-in; kind of takes away the point of finding them in the game, doesn't it? For that reason, it'd definitely be preferable to not have all the cards included. (The Saturn MPEG version only included cards of the ten bromides that were in the original Saturn version, not the three that were added, so they were still a surprise to the players.)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

That's your preference, and I don't think 6 cards would make the box very thick as is mentioned. Could you imagine how many complaints they'd get for only 6 cards anyway? These are larger images, not trading cards. The soundtrack looks like it comes in a standard jewel case, and not the slim ones. Of course they may have just done that for display purposes.

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Actually, all 13 bromide cards are present on the packaging shot. Only 6 are fully visible, 7 are concealed by the overlapping cards.

Anyhow, I wished they zoomed in on the package! It was hard to see since the camera was so far...

But it's really really nice to see the game getting some exposure 8-)

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I'm sure being able to equip them for stat boosts will still entice players to look for them. It does take the excitement out of finding them though.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think you get your cake, and eat it too. They have a purpose in-game aside from just being pictures. Of course you could have other items as a pack-in, but that could/would lead to added cost.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Am I the only one who thought Xseed was pronounced "x,seed" instead of "exceed?" Also, I thought it was based more on SSSC than TSS.

I wonder what you get for completing the demo. I found the demo stupid easy, so if it makes the game easier, I'm not sure I even want it.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well some places have their title mis-listed I suppose (Xseed instead of XSEED). If anyone thinks S-ilver Phoenix instead of SILVER PHOENIX I'm gonna kick your ass! ;) (fix these S-milies!) :twisted:

SSH has always been based off of the Saturn/PS1 remake and not the Sega CD game. I guess if you really wanted to start with the basics you could forego saving the demo clear data. It would take a change in programming if you want the game to be easier, or you could simply make it more difficult for yourself by playing the entire game with weaker equipment.

Yeah it's not the desired way for anyone to play, but you have that option.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The demo is easier than the full game, a little. You start at level 1 rather than 3 and with no funds. The item gained from using the demo clear data is useful for a while, but not seriously balance-wrecking.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Am I the only one who thought Xseed was pronounced "x,seed" instead of "exceed?"
Totally! I also felt like the guys were calling it looner. Is there something wrong w/ my ears?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I've always called it Looner, like Lunar Landing. I guess the A is supposed to be accented so you get a hard R sound but I hate how it sounds. It makes you sound like a damn pirate. LunARRRRRR.

I've heard Japanese people pronounce it both ways as well, so who the hell knows what is correct. I think their accent may make it sound like it's supposed to have a hard R, but if the A is supposed to be stressed then it should sound like LoonAIR.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Ack! 25 minute video! And I want to see the packaging...>_<

I'll have to watch this when I get to school where there is actually fast internet.

This video will NEVER load here at home. It takes 10 minutes just for a 3 minute video most of the time. That's when it's running good too. T_T

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Dark_Fairy wrote:Ack! 25 minute video! And I want to see the packaging...>_<

I'll have to watch this when I get to school where there is actually fast internet.

This video will NEVER load here at home. It takes 10 minutes just for a 3 minute video most of the time. That's when it's running good too. T_T
it takes at least an hour for 3 minutes for me, sometimes up to half a day or more for 10 minutes, for a 25 minute video im not even going to attempt to load it...

I've pronounced Lunar "as a pirate" with the ar at the end, i never even thought to pronounce it as Looner, it sounds weird to me

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Hmm thats interesting. In EB Lucia does not say Looner she says Lunar w/ the a not e... I've always used her VA for the way I thought the game should be pronounced.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Monde Luna wrote:Hmm thats interesting. In EB Lucia does not say Looner she says Lunar w/ the a not e... I've always used her VA for the way I thought the game should be pronounced.
Ditto! Correct me if I'm wrong, but do they not also pronounce it LunAR in the PSX Making of videos? I'd be willing to bet that WD picked up that pronunciation from Game Arts.

I'm glad to hear that the game isn't as ridiculously easy as the demo, and that the Mystery Item isn't game-breaking. I was seriously considering deleting my demo clear data.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Kaiya-Sky wrote:
Dark_Fairy wrote:Ack! 25 minute video! And I want to see the packaging...>_<

it takes at least an hour for 3 minutes for me, sometimes up to half a day or more for 10 minutes, for a 25 minute video im not even going to attempt to load it...

I've pronounced Lunar "as a pirate" with the ar at the end, i never even thought to pronounce it as Looner, it sounds weird to me
Dial up is terrible, isn't it? I feel for you, because I used dial up until 2008 (1999 - 2008). Now I'm using a free thing that the town I live in provides, but it's about as terrible as dial up sometimes. @_@

Anyway, the roads were too bad here, so I didn't even bother going to my classes today. This is the first time I've missed during my college career, so they can deal with it. I'll attempt to watch the video on Friday, weather permitting.

I've always pronounced Lunar both ways, looner or LunAR. It just depends what comes out of my mouth at the time. ^^;