Dir en Grey

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Dir en Grey

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

So, I'm a big fan of Dir en Grey. They came here on tour a couple times, but unfortunately, I missed them both times. Bummer, I know. If you're unfamilliar with there work, Ill post a link to one of my favorite songs at the end of this post. Anyways, I was bummed out that I missed them, especially since they were playing with the Deftones. I was always curious how they performed live... But recently I got my hands on a live DVD called The Rose Trims Again... FREAKING amazing. If your a fan, you NEED to check it out. Kyo is a -Fatal Hopper- madman on stage. Anywho, here's the link I promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8RAdD094g - Soft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGo5MBAiwaE - Heavy
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Re: Dir en Grey

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I've been to two of their concerts while they were over here. They're fantastic live. And Kyo puts on quite a visual show himself. :P My sister sometimes works with Jrock artists when they come over here. When DeG came over in 2006 for the Family Values Tour, she went with them. I was a bit jealous, not only did she get to hang with DeG, but also Korn, Flyleaf, and Stone Sour too. She brought back lots of pics and stories though lol.

Actually, DeG is coming over for another tour next month I believe. You should definitely try to catch a show. :3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

I like Dir en Grey too! :P Sadly they never come to Virginia... I looked at their tour dates and places... the closest one I think was in New York. Bummer.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

I can't say I'm much of a fan. I haven't heard too much of their stuff, but what I have heard is a little too... not quite "goth" but close. When it comes to j-rock, I much prefer the cheerful, upbeat stylings of the Pillows.